MAC MSF or NARS blush?

limararwot

I really want a bronzy/golden glow to my cheeks and I've narrowed it down to four products: NARS Lovejoy, NARS Sertao, and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in either Refined or Gold Deposit. I've heard wonderful reviews on all these products and it's all just a matter of choosing one... for now at least. Haha. I would love to hear all of your thoughts on which I should go with. (By the way, I'm not exactly sure what shade I am, but I use Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer in NC 45 and MAC MSF Natural in Dark.)

Mizz.Coppertone

Def go for Gold Deposit. It totally gives u that sexy glowey sunkissed Hawaiian Tropics Calendar girl look lol.

I love it so much
smiles.gif

MzzRach

I love NARS blushes, nothing lasts on me the way they do. Lovejoy is such a gorgeous rosey bronze glow, it's fabulous.

MissResha

if you want a cheap alternative, i HIGHLY recommend NYX Blush in Copper. It's GORGEOUS and very pigmented.

janieboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
if you want a cheap alternative, i HIGHLY recommend NYX Blush in Copper. It's GORGEOUS and very pigmented.

AGREED!

wannabelyn

i've got lovejoy and refined.

not sure whether you are after a blush or a highlighter to achieve that.

refined is glowy but not very bronzey, i would leave that out of the equation.

lovejoy is nice and bronzey with some colour more of a blush.

limararwot

Lovejoy definitely seems to be the more popular NARS blush. I read several other threads on MAC's Gold Deposit and a lot of people seem to recommend it. The next time I go to the mall I'll definitely be testing Lovejoy and Gold Deposit.

Sadly I don't have any NYX stores around where I live and I don't really want to buy something I haven't tried out first. But if I ever get the chance i will definitely look into it!

Thanks everyone for all your wonderful recommendations!

nichollecaren

Please let us know what you decided on, I had Gold deposit but thought it was too chunky...but with my newfound knowledge (here) it may have been the brush I was using...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha

MissResha, could you swatch this? pleeezzeeeee?

sapnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
Please let us know what you decided on, I had Gold deposit but thought it was too chunky...but with my newfound knowledge (here) it may have been the brush I was using...

MissResha, could you swatch this? pleeezzeeeee?

Am ab an NC 44 - 45.. will try swatch it for ya
smiles.gif
.. Copper is vEVERYYY pretty..its like a less orange and more copper Taj Mahal, if tht makes sense
smiles.gif
u wont regret gettin it! I do feel its a little hard in texture, but its cheap, and gorgeous alone and over rose/pink blushes

limararwot

It's been several months now, but for some reason I never got around to seriously looking at any of these products. I had seen them all in person and even swatched them, but when it came down to finally choosing one... I dunno, it just never happened. However, I did grab the Sunny By Nature MSF when it was released with the Color Craft collection, as well as So Ceylon, which I happened to find in a CCO a couple months ago! I tried Cheeky Bronze when I bought Sunny by Nature but it refused show up on my skin. Sunny By Nature is more subtle than other MSFs and gives my skin a really nice glow. So Ceylon, although not as matte as Sunny By Nature, also leaves a really nice subtle glow, but is more bronzy brown.

nichollecaren

I just bought the nyx Copper...its pretty, but the texture is a bit hard. I'm gonna try it when i get home with a brush and see if it goes on better