MAC Nail Lacquers discussion

MACina

icon_eek.gif
....somehow it surprises me that MAC will offer so many permanent nail polishes!

But good for me...I do not have to hurry.

Icecaramellatte

i have to get the ones that came out with venomous villains since i missed them the last time

I was thinking the same thing. But where is Bad Fairy? I see Mean & Green and Formidable but no Bad Fairy. I did get Bad Fairy last time but not the others. I loved the color so much that I didn't want to use it for fear of running out. I did somehow end up with two bottles of Soiree. I don't recall any other names. Is everything else new colors?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
i have to get the ones that came out with venomous villains since i missed them the last time

Yep, I'll get Formidable, since I couldn't get my hands on it when VV came out, my order got canceled because it was sold out. I was so mad, LOL. I already have Mean&Green, but I rarely use it because the brush is ridiculous, the bristles are sticking in all kinds of directions. I really hope MAC improves the quality of the brushes with these new perm shades.
So the only definites for me are Formidable and Snob, I'm looking forward to see swatches of the rest. I already have Soiree, which is nice, but I don't think I need a backup.

Pinkdollface

I was thinking the same thing. But where is Bad Fairy? I see Mean & Green and Formidable but no Bad Fairy. I did get Bad Fairy last time but not the others. I loved the color so much that I didn't want to use it for fear of running out. I did somehow end up with two bottles of Soiree. I don't recall any other names. Is everything else new colors?
There are a lot of repromotes. All the colours that are in the permanent line now are in this collection. Also i think Spirit of Truth is from Wonder Woman and Quiet Time and Deep Sea are from MMO i think. I don't know about the others.

Rezel

Happy about Soiree but no Bad Fairy? I wanted that so badly but our stores here only got 3 of each polish. Was able to get Mean and Green but I liked Bad Fairy more.

singer82

Soiree!!!
yahoo.gif
th_happy1.gif
It is my FAV polish! Excited about the ones from VV too. I too am sad bout Bad Fairy, I was so sad I missed out on it.

Anti-Fashion - Mid-toned purple with pearlized pigments (Frost) - sounds sweet too!

paparazziboy

this collection will be online and permanent in MAC stores and Nordstroms only. so the stores and Nordstroms will be the only ones receiving them to purchase in person

martiangurll

I was wanting to try some of the VV polishes, so this is a win. I just didn't want to purchase them at ridiculous prices.

MACerette

Does anybody know if and when this collection will come out in The Netherlands? Will the laquers only be sold in FSS or at counters too?

Pinkdollface

Does anybody know if and when this collection will come out in The Netherlands? Will the laquers only be sold in FSS or at counters too?
I'm guessing august or september? It will be released at nordstrom and mac stores in the US first, but later on it will be available everywere so i think we will get it everywere as well.

MACerette

I hope so... I got the Trind Nail and Cuticle balm today. Fingers crossed that they will make my nails polish proof...

Knope2012

I might get Formidable and skip everything else. I have a ton of nail polish and MAC doesn't last very long on me. I've been wearing a Sinful Colors polish ($2) for two days now with only a tiny chip, and I know if I was wearing a MAC polish it would be mostly gone by now. I do love Bad Fairy, but I have the same formula issues with that.

LMD84

do i want to buy any of these polishes? i always love the look of mac polishes but they always disappoint me when i get them because of bad application :(

martiangurll

do i want to buy any of these polishes? i always love the look of mac polishes but they always disappoint me when i get them because of bad application :(
What if the MAC polish was layered over a polish with good application and a great top coat over to extend the life???

Knope2012

What if the MAC polish was layered over a polish with good application and a great top coat over to extend the life???
I'd only do that if the color was amazing. I can get a Butter London or Deborah Lippmann polish for around the same price, and with the rise of indie polishes, I could probably find something as equally amazing with a good formula. I've had the same polish on for a week now with only one chip, and there's no way that would work with a MAC one.