MAC - Nail Trend F/W 2010 Discussion

Rinstar

I don't usually like shades like that, but Earthly Harmony and Ingrid are so pretty with the shimmer! I'm definitely going to be sporting the greige trend this fall.

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Thanks Erine, Jade Dragon and Rain of Flowers for me
smiles.gif

Me too!!
th_DANCE.gif
And maybe, Blue Ming!!!

laylalovesmac

I think I'm just going to do Rain of Flowers. Jade Dragon is gorgeous
drools.gif
but I don't know how often I will actually wear green.
th_dunno.gif

splattergirl

just earthly harmony - I am a sucker for taupey shades and this one seems to have little particles in it which are cute. Last MAC polish I got was In the Buff, same interesting taupey shade.
I wish someone would compare them!
And I hope the formula will be a bit better than the previous Nail trend collection, I had Dirty Martini but sold it because its durability was much inferior to the other similar shade I had, RBL No more war which is worth every cent of $18 although I got it when they were on 50% dicount
greengrin.gif

Jade dragon reminds me of $OPI Absinthe makes the heart, seems a little dark on the swatch so I can't say 100% that I like it or not but if I have a near dupe, I won't bother, its not a taupey shade so I don't have to collect it even tho I like greens
smiles.gif
lol

btw its indeed weird, concubine being red on swatch and purple on promo...

panther27

My counter got these in
th_DANCE.gif
Earthly Harmony is really pretty,it's a taupe and it has gold glitter.I ended up buying Jade Dragon,Ming Blue and Rain of Flowers.Those 3 are
drools.gif
freakin gorgeous.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
My counter got these in
th_DANCE.gif
Earthly Harmony is really pretty,it's a taupe and it has gold glitter.I ended up buying Jade Dragon,Ming Blue and Rain of Flowers.Those 3 are
drools.gif
freakin gorgeous.

You'll have to let us know how the formula is.
yes.gif
Also, if you were only getting one, would you go with Jade Dragon or Rain of Flowers??? TIA!
cutey.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I think I'm just going to do Rain of Flowers. Jade Dragon is gorgeous
drools.gif
but I don't know how often I will actually wear green.
th_dunno.gif

I love how dedicated you are to purple!
tong.gif

The descripition of Ming Blue sounded unique, but on the nailswatch it doesn't seem to show the red and teal shimmer. Perhaps it's something camera can't capture properly?

LittleMaryJane

I keep thinking about Earthly Harmony so I'm wondering if I should just cave and get it.

Must be strong... Must be strong...

Are these FSS-only nps? I haven't seen them on display at my counter(s).

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I love how dedicated you are to purple!
tong.gif

The descripition of Ming Blue sounded unique, but on the nailswatch it doesn't seem to show the red and teal shimmer. Perhaps it's something camera can't capture properly?

Thanks!
lol.gif

Both Ming Blue and Concubine don't look as good as I thought they would in the swatches.

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
You'll have to let us know how the formula is.
yes.gif
Also, if you were only getting one, would you go with Jade Dragon or Rain of Flowers??? TIA!
cutey.gif

The formula is really good,I used 2 coats,so far no chipping.And if I had to choose it would be Jade Dragon,beautiful emearald green!
drools.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
I keep thinking about Earthly Harmony so I'm wondering if I should just cave and get it.

Must be strong... Must be strong...

Are these FSS-only nps? I haven't seen them on display at my counter(s).

No,these are at counters also,they come out Aug 26.I was able to buy them now because my friend at the MAC counter will sell to me early.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
The formula is really good,I used 2 coats,so far no chipping.And if I had to choose it would be Jade Dragon,beautiful emearald green!
drools.gif

Uggh! I think I will have to get both of them.
cutey.gif

So happy to hear the formula is good! Thanks, Panther!

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
No,these are at counters also,they come out Aug 26.I was able to buy them now because my friend at the MAC counter will sell to me early.

Haha! Oh! I obviously had the wrong release date on my calendar
blush-anim-cl.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
drools.gif

That's great news!!!
th_DANCE.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
My PRO store had this out today- just received it (they pulled out the displayer and brought it over for me to look at... I feel like I've been adopted there lately.

I picked up Concubine and Jade Dragon and I may go back for more. Was a little disappointed in the blue colour, but I'm fussy about those. Imperial Flower is really orange rather than red. But the colours are pretty and Jade Dragon is especially stunning.

bumblebees24

I was smitten with Rain of Flowers. That color is ridiculously gorgeous! It's a dark purple with blue shimmer so in the sun, you can see a different dimension. All of the polishes are about 2 coats.

jungleland

I'm very excited about this collectiom.. I'll probably walk out with 3 of those babies...Eartly Harmony is in for sure, I've to seen the the others in person!

shontay07108

Oh I had no idea the Fall nail laqueres were out at the pro store. I got Earthly Harmony and it's stunning. It's that taupe polish, but what makes it amazing is the reddish sparkle in it. It's not obnoxious, it just gives it the prettiest dimension. Can't wait to put this on. Jade Dragon is also breathtaking and I may get it later. Imperial Flower was more pigmented than I expected. I don't know if I'll get it later. The rest didn't really catch my eye. I've seen those colors before.

LMD84

jade dragon is stunning!
graucho.gif
Ming blue shall also be coming home with me!
smiles.gif
not too shabby! the other colours i feel like i already have.