MAC newbie, looking for ideas please?

LoopyLoo

Hi everyone. I have been lurking for a while and am a full MAC addict now, thanks to Spectra and all the great tips and advice I've read. I have built up my MAC collection to include:

Vanilla, Shroom, Naked Lunch
Wedge, Satin Taupe
Star Violet, Satelite Dreams, Purple Haze, Quarry
Plum Dressing, Twinks
Swimming, Moss velvet, Sumptuous Olive
Print, Carbon
Bitter, Aquadisiac (impulse buys, those ones)
Painpots: Delft, Moss Scape, Painterly
Creamcolourbases: cooled pink, antiqu bronze, pearl, shell
I have loads of lipglasses and nude lip colours from MAC.

I now need some ideas/inspiration about what to do with the colours I have and "must have" colours I'm missing.
th_dunno.gif

I'm NC35, green eyes, dark burgundy hair. I'm 40 years old and need a good bit of colour or I look ashen/grey, but I don't want to end up looking like a pantomime dame either. Teal colours seem to look quite nice on me, btw.
Please help me MAC experts!
winkiss.gif

I also have UD Book of Shadows and the purple velvet and silver UD palette.

highonmac

Freshwater eyeshadow and goldmine is missing in your collection as well as humid. They are all stunning colours and combinations for them is great. You also need rubanesque pp :) Its one of my faves, but you have a very good start. If you like teal, that get teal pigment! Its stunning, along with vanillar pigment and golden olive. Oh my I can go on!

gildedangel

Burnt burgundy is a great matte pigment, you should get stars and rockets, humid, beautiful iris, silver ring, coppering, and constructivist paint pot. I hope this helps!

kittykit

These colours will go very well with some of the ones you've already owned.

Beautiful Iris, Humid, Aquavert, Tilt, Shimmermoss and Silverthorn.

HTH
smiles.gif

ForgetRegret

You'll also need Fantastic Plastic CCB (they still make that, right? I stocked up...), Electric Eel (because I think every girl needs it), and Jewel Blue e/s...also, Blue Peep fluidline. ...and since you've got green eyes, pick up Passionate and Sushi Flower e/s...they look amazing with green eyes.
smiles.gif

LoopyLoo

I have bought neally EVERTHING recommended - thanks girls. I have now filled 3 pallettes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

makeupmag

If you like teals, try Steamy. This has a lovely tone and sheen that go well with other greens and blues. Gorgeous Gold would be wonderful to set off these colours too.
smiles.gif

chiara

I'd suggest you get some gold eye shadows since you don't have any, like goldmine or woodwinked (this one flatters any eye color imo). And if you are into teal colors, definitely get teal pigment!