MAC newbie needs some veteran help??

ultraviolet

So I went to MAC today for the first time in FOREVER and fell in love all over again
eyelove.gif
So I wound up with graphblack technakohl, melba blush, prrr lipglass, and studio finish concealer (nw30 to tone down redness) and studio fix (nc30) I was wondering if you lovely guys and gals had any recs on eyeshadows, lippies, whatever that are must haves? thanks all!

xoxo

chameleonmary

my recommendations:

shimmer shadow - phloof, shroom
nice neutral base shadow - retrospeck, malt
pigment - vanilla, shimmertime, tan, choc brown, teal
lipglass - viva glam v
lipgelee - sapilicious
neutral or pinky lipstick - hug me, high tea

theyre some of my personal faves!

ultraviolet

Oh my gosh I saw viva glam v lipglass at the counter and LOVED it but was only able to get one at the moment (i got prrr which i do really love) thanks for the recks i'll be sure to check them out!

kimmy

i really think that neutral eyeshadows are a must...like dazzlelight and nylon. bronzer is also a must-have, imo.
smiles.gif

ultraviolet

I agree. I'll probably still get one or two crazy colors though hehe. I meant to check out bronzers the other day but when the lady finished doing my face makeup I actually didn't feel I needed any which is really suprising considering i'm a bronzer addict. I was really suprised I was in the 30's and the blush I got (melba) made me look like I had a healthy tan glow. Although, bronzer is always nice for contouring as well....ugh I want it all!

NaturalSister19

I would say if you can find YOUR shade in Mineralize Satin Finish Foundation, that would be a must (Dry-Normal Skin Only)

Creme Mattifant or Prep+Prime (it makes all of your other make-up look that much better)

Base Light Eye Paint - this truly works on EVERYONE because it's neutral. Apply VERY sparingly, and your e/s will blend like a dream.

Cleanse Off Oil - you will see your skin improve with regular use.

Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer - it's just the best and applies like silk.

ultraviolet

I'm really happy with the foundationa and concealer I got but I heard that some people don't like studio fix in the summer months? I don't really use it heavily though, only like a finishing powder to set the concealer and even it all out. Hmmm. I actually was thinking about the cleansing oil because i'm having trouble getting of my new liner! The MA wasn't joking about it being long lasting! haha. I think i'll check reviews because a primer would be nice as well....I just don't want my face to feel any greasier than it already gets . I'll probably check out the matte gel, prep and prime and strobe cream. I'm lemming coppering shadow but am not sure if it'd look as hot on me as it does in the pot
winks.gif

BlahWah

If you're looking at something to keep greasies away, get the prep&prime SPF. The regular one is for filling in lines, as I've been told by a MA. I've been using the spf one and love how my face turns out, esp. with a mattifying moisturizer. I'd actually suggest getting Mineral SKINfinish Naturals in Medium (or Medium-Dark if you're tanned) instead of StudioFix powder, which greases on me easier. MSF naturals give a sheer coverage, tho, in comparison, but perhaps easier to wear in summer if you just need to even out. SF will be great for fall/winter for sure. =)

Coppering's actually a really wearable colour b/c you can use it with neutrals or colours, wear it sheer or packed on for hotness! Perhaps ask an available MA to try it on you next time you're there.

And the cleansing oil is fantastic for getting eye-makeup off, especially if you end up gettng a LiquidLast Liner down the road. That stuff seriously adheres to your skin!

A few colourful suggestions for e/s:
Aquadisiac
Tilt
Steamy or Shimmermoss
Hepcat (don't have this [yet] but it's quite popular)
Amberlights (but get Cosmic and/or Firespot from the recent Moonbathe collection if you can instead!)
Stars 'n' Rockets

Colourful pigments:
Kelly Green (which is similar to Wondergrass e/s, LE with C-Shock)
Old Gold
Violet
Teal

I didn't mention any LE items (well, not really) cuz they may be hard to hunt down, but some beautiful items are among them if you can still find them. Have fun!

ultraviolet

Thanks for all the help ladies! I wound up with love nectar lustreglass, politely pink lipstick, and for eyeshadows I Just got all pretty neutrals this time around...but I'm gonna go to the actual MAC store in Seattle (hopefully!) for my b-day and maybe check out the CCO. BTW I got coppering, fab&flashy, honey lust, sable and mythology <3

stephie06

hi ultraviolet! you know what's so weird? one of my first purchases at MAC was the same eyeliner and blush you just mentioned! and we have the same shade in foundation
smiles.gif

here's my recs:
for the crease = wedge and bamboo. very neutral and you can use it for any look really
base = stillife paint or beige-ing shadestick (the shadestick is a MUST)
e/s = freshwater, juxt, parfait amour
iridescent powder in belightful

i hope this helps! i'm glad you're into mac!
smiles.gif

ultraviolet

That's crazy stephie! lol, but I must say I am really loving that blush and eyeliner <3 Well I definatley know who to go to if I need ideas on what shades will work with my skintone!