MAC Next to Nothing Face Colour and Powder (April 2017)

Icecaramellatte

After a few days of testing the new foundation, I bought it and the powder today. Both in Light colour.
What convinced me?
Beautiful blur effect on the skin, long lasting fresh look and insta-filters look :)
I want to buy also both brushes. The powders brush is very comfy and soft - love it!

I'm curious about the brushes.

NYCBeautyJunkie

Would anyone happen to know if this 'face colour' oxidizes? I'm NC50, NW45 in the summer when I tan; I've noticed MAC MUA's with my complexion tend to use Dark Plus but based on pics I've seen, it looks kinda light? I will swatch it in store, but I wanted to know that even if it does swatch funny, whether it will oxidize and be okay.

patentg33k

Would anyone happen to know if this 'face colour' oxidizes? I'm NC50, NW45 in the summer when I tan; I've noticed MAC MUA's with my complexion tend to use Dark Plus but based on pics I've seen, it looks kinda light? I will swatch it in store, but I wanted to know that even if it does swatch funny, whether it will oxidize and be okay.
]

It does oxidize on me, as much as one shade (over Timecheck primer). I agree --this formula does swatch light. An SA insisted on using Medium on me, even though at my darkest I'm a light plus. Now it's oxidized.

I did snag a sample of Light Plus to use at home tomorrow, to see what happens.

The issue is whether this will also oxidize and go orange. The medium is def. pulling way too warm on me. I can't wait to see what happens with the Light Plus when I try it tomorrow.

patentg33k

I'm curious about the brushes.

The big one is nice and soft--it doesn't have feel harsh like some synthetic ones do. It's plushy too--it feels like a generous brush.

There's a little ripple in the bristles which I was told helps it pick up and hold powder better. Don't know if that's true, but it does a nice job.

Monsy

I know you and me usually wear the same color and Light plus i think would be better option. Omg i hate when SA match with darker shades.

patentg33k

I know you and me usually wear the same color and Light plus i think would be better option. Omg i hate when SA match with darker shades.

Home again!

Agree-Monsy, I washed off the Medium and now I'm testing out the Light Plus. I may be slightly deeper/warmer that you, but it's a nice match. I'll revise this response in a few hours to let you know if it oxidizes.

Last edited:

Winthrop44

Here's the ingredient list if anyone else needs it.

Next To Nothing Face Colour
INGREDIENTS: DIMETHICONE [] WATER\AQUA\EAU [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE [] PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE [] GLYCERIN [] DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT [] HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEEDCAKE [] HORDEUM VULGARE (BARLEY) EXTRACT\EXTRAIT D'ORGE [] CERAMIDE NG [] DIMETHICONOL [] TRIBEHENIN [] PALMITOYL HEXAPEPTIDE-12 [] C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE [] POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE [] SODIUM CHLORIDE [] PEG-10 PHYTOSTEROL [] PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRATE [] CHLORPHENESIN [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] [+/- MICA [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77492) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77499) [] CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288)] <ILN42915>

patentg33k

Here's the ingredient list if anyone else needs it.

Next To Nothing Face Colour
INGREDIENTS: DIMETHICONE [] WATER\AQUA\EAU [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE [] PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE [] GLYCERIN [] DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT [] HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEEDCAKE [] HORDEUM VULGARE (BARLEY) EXTRACT\EXTRAIT D'ORGE [] CERAMIDE NG [] DIMETHICONOL [] TRIBEHENIN [] PALMITOYL HEXAPEPTIDE-12 [] C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE [] POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE [] SODIUM CHLORIDE [] PEG-10 PHYTOSTEROL [] PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRATE [] CHLORPHENESIN [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] [+/- MICA [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77492) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77499) [] CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288)] <ILN42915>

I spy TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) []. This must have some SPF, but it's not yet rated for labeling for it with the FDA.

Monsy

Home again!

Agree-Monsy, I washed off the Medium and now I'm testing out the Light Plus. I may be slightly deeper/warmer that you, but it's a nice match. I'll revise this response in a few hours to let you know if it oxidizes.
I always think that you are more neutral than me because I am VERY yellow

patentg33k

I always think that you are more neutral than me because I am VERY yellow

Maybe so :) So, I'm going to give light plus a tentative yay. The coverage is light and it doesn't do any color-correcting obv. (so acne marks need their own concealer). Still, it literally literally looks like I'm not wearing any foundation. There's no texture to this, esp after I gave it a spritz of Avene water (I'm sure fix or whatever you would use works too). But it does improve the look of my skin quite a bit.

I think the closest foundations are Waterweight (which does have more coverage and WW is also more detectable on the skin) and that vert first Armani Maestro (the oil-based sheer one). As Winthrop44's ingredient list shows, the first ingredient is dimethicone. That's the real difference with this--and probably how they are achieving the blurring. But it doesn't feel suffocating, heavy or pore-clogging. It really does feel just like skin.

I'm not sold on the powder yet. It might be a great powder, but the store application that I had this morning was probably too heavy and too dark. In the car mirror, it didn't look good. Maybe I'll see how people's reviews come out on here before committing to it.

Hope this helps someone! :)

LadyBug13

Another Youtube review-->This one is super helpful for figuring out the coverage because she has freckles which got covered more than I thought they would. Three pumps used. Very different coverage level compared to the prior review. SNEAK PEEK: MAC Next to Nothing Face Colour + Next to Nothing Powder Review | samantha jane - YouTube
I was thrown off the fact that Dark in the face colour matched her perfectly. I figured that would be my shade since I'm darker that she is.

LadyBug13

IMG_3180.JPG

Instagram

Faces By Alexis used the Studio Fix Fluid in NC44 with the Face Colour in Medium Deep. I was initially confused as she and I have a similar skintone, with me being NC45/C7. But if this is really oxidizing then I would probably be ok with Medium Deep. It would have been nice to see her with just the face colour on.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I spy TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) []. This must have some SPF, but it's not yet rated for labeling for it with the FDA.

Titanium dioxide can also be used as a colourant, to my understanding. There's also no Zinc Oxide in the ingredients. Usually if there's a significant amount of SPF, and they're using physical sunscreens, they appear together, or with at least one synthetic sunscreen.

(I have another foundation that has no SPF. Titanium dioxide is listed as a "may contain" ingredient, and there's no zinc oxide present.)

patentg33k

I was thrown off the fact that Dark in the face colour matched her perfectly. I figured that would be my shade since I'm darker that she is.

Karen MBB has posted swatches of all the colors-- I don't know if these are helpful?

MAC Next to Nothing Collection Face Colours, Pressed Powders and Fan Brushes - Makeup and Beauty Blog

EDIT: So I wore my Light-Plus sample of Next to Nothing this morning, pre-gym and now I'm wearing my Armani Maestro post-gym. TBH, I prefer the way that the Maestro looks on my skin. I think I'll just stick to that for now at least till it runs out (which will be soon).

Last edited:

bybare

I should be matched to Dark Plus (NW43) My girlfriend got this already and she said it is soo sheer she might as well not wear makeup at all. I was then confused as to what the Instagram filter claims then lol

elegant-one

I got a sample of light today & tbh I don't like how it looks on me at all. I tried fingers & brushes but it turns a slight weird yellowish shade on me. It just doesn't match my skin tone at all. I'm going to get the powder in light plus (light was too chalky looking). The powder had a beautiful glowy diffused look & was very pretty...at least on my hand. I really liked how it looked.

Mac-Guy

I got a sample of light today & tbh I don't like how it looks on me at all. I tried fingers & brushes but it turns a slight weird yellowish shade on me. It just doesn't match my skin tone at all. I'm going to get the powder in light plus (light was too chalky looking). The powder had a beautiful glowy diffused look & was very pretty...at least on my hand. I really liked how it looked.
Nothing But Yellow. Lol.

Latest posts