Mac - Out Loud & Lip Varnish Collections

ladybugz07

I am sad to hear the lip varnishes are replacing my beloved lip lacquers... I hope they are just as good, if not better!
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugz07
I am sad to hear the lip varnishes are replacing my beloved lip lacquers... I hope they are just as good, if not better!
smiles.gif

I am so confused! My MA told me that some of the lacquers are being d/c but not all of them and that the varnishes are LE. Either way, I am getting the lacquers I want on my next trip to MAC just in case. I plan to pick up a few varnishes too...

Winthrop44

It looks like the triangle of death is only next to some lacquer shades on the web site, so that's consistent with what your MA told you.

ladybugz07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
It looks like the triangle of death is only next to some lacquer shades on the web site, so that's consistent with what your MA told you.

As stated above, the triangle is also at the top of the lip lacquer page next to the lacquer title...

AudreyNicole

Dang!
Here is a live chat I just did with Vanessa
ssad.gif

audrey: Hi Vanessa! I just had a question about the lip lacquers
Vanessa: sure....
audrey: On the website there are triangles next to certain shades and then again at the top of the page
audrey: so are they all being discontinued or just a few sahdes?
Vanessa: They are being phased out so they are only available for a limited time.
audrey: and are the lip varnishes that are coming out permanent or limited edition
Vanessa: Items marked with a triangle are available for a limited time only.
audrey: ok
Vanessa: One moment, please, while I double check that for you.
audrey: thank you
Vanessa: They are available for a limited time only.
audrey: ok thank you. Do you know what the difference is between the lacquers and varnishes? From the description, they sound very similar...
Vanessa: MAC Lacquer is long-wearing liquid lip colour that delivers exceptional shine and opaque coverage. Brush it on your lips for full coverage with a luscious, silky-smooth finish.
Vanessa: Lip Varnish are not as thick and go on more smoothly.
audrey: and they are being launched on Thurday correct?
audrey: Do you know how much they will be?
Vanessa: Yes, that is correct.
Vanessa: $14.00
audrey: Perfect, thank you so much for your help!

MAC_Whore

I am so bummed they aren't on the site today! I was sitting in a meeting today and actually excused myself so that I could check the website. Of course I didn't tell them that.
lol.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugz07
As stated above, the triangle is also at the top of the lip lacquer page next to the lacquer title...

Well, I wouldn't go by that since it's also at the top of the lipglass page next to the lipglass title:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/template..._ID=PROD1 438

Audrey Nicole's live chat seems to resolve the lacquer issue though.

ladybugz07

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Vanessa: They are being phased out so they are only available for a limited time.

That really sucks! Well, thanks for getting to the bottom of it - I'd heard they were going to be discontinued for a while now, so it's not too shocking...
ssad.gif

MAC_Pixie04

the triangle next to the lipglass title has to be a screw up, probably because most of the lipglasses listed are LE, previously released LE shades, i'm sure it's just a mistake. but i've heard from 3 different artists at 3 different counters that lacquers are gonna be history so get em while you can