Mac Palettes

forevernars

I apologize if this question has already been asked before but I am curious as to why most woman/mac addicts use the 4 or 15 pan palettes to hold the mac shadows in instead of leaving them in there pots now I realize doing this would allow you to have b2m empties to get more makeup but is there a particular reason why most prefer there shadows in palettes? I have so many mac shadows but they are all pot form and have been asking myself lately maybe I should depot them like everyone else and put them in a palette but I love them being in there little containers so I dont know?

malaviKat

It is personal preference. Some people like the way colours look in palettes. You can also organize palettes in terms of colour combinations or by family which makes it easier to generate looks when you're in a hurry.

I find having my shadows in palette form makes them easier to store and/or travel with.

Jackie O

mainly because of the PRICE! when you buy the eyeshadow's in the palette form, they're $11, versus the individual eyeshadows which are $15. So in the long run, you are spending less money on all those eyeshadows by not having to pay for all the extraplastic packaging. And although by buying the palette forms, you aren't able to back to MAC them, but in the long run it's still worth it. Besides, you can B2M virtually anything, foundation bottles, the wipe packages, brush cleaner bottles, etc.

That's just something I really like to inform my customers, I hope I helped! And yes, it is extremely convenient when you're traveling with your makeup and you don't have to worry about 30 different little eyeshadow pots rolling around in your luggage, whereas palettes are stackable and more secure!

Junkie

Best answers ^^

Totally agree with being able to find eyeshadows easier. It was a task and a half before I started depotting - such a pain! The price difference can be a big deal too and its time consuming to depot - not to mention you risk breaking the eyeshadows if you rush/use the wrong tools/aren't careful. Esthetically, it looks more organized in palettes and you can pick and choose different palette combos when travelling/working.

malika

For myself, it's because I find it much easier to find the colour I'm looking for when they are in the palette.

When I had three MAC eyeshadows in a little makeup bag, I had to pick up each one to find the one I was looking for. Now that I have almost 50, and they are in a drawer, it would take me forever to do that. Plus it saves room and clutter AND money, like already mentioned.

The limited edition shades don't come in pans though, so they have to be depotted to put in palettes.

I really like when people have their eyeshadow pots in those nailpolish racks though! They look so pretty! I don't have room for that though.

Jackie O said you can't B2M the PRO pans, but I think maybe TiffanyD said you could. I'm not sure though
smiles.gif

VeXedPiNk

I use palettes for four reasons:

1. It's cheaper to buy the eyeshadows in pan form (I'm fairly sure they are still eligible for b2m as long as they have the original label/magnet on them).

2.It is so much easier to organize everything. Each of my palettes are colour-coded, so it's a lot easier to find exactly the colour I want.

3. Storage/Travel - it's a lot easier to have a few palettes as opposed to a huge bag of eyeshadow pots, especially if you are taking them anywhere (I take pretty much everything for trips - I like to have options haha).

4. Appearance - I LOVE the way my palettes look. Just opening them up and looking at all the colours is very esthetically pleasing for me

In the end, it's all personal preference.

LMD84

for the longest time i didn't depot and use palettes. now this is mainly because i don't like the way mac palettes look! i think they are blah looking and i wouold prefer a clear lid so i can see what pallete is what. so at first i bought a few quads and made a purple quad, blue, green and neautral quad.

then i kinda got depotting mania and just went for it. now i really like my shadows in the palettes. it's easier to store, cheaper to buy the shadows in pans and it keeps colours together much better
smiles.gif

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by malika

Jackie O said you can't B2M the PRO pans, but I think maybe TiffanyD said you could. I'm not sure though
smiles.gif

My local stores let us B2M the pro pans... (but I have never hit a pan on a shadow so it's kind of moot.) :p

jazmatazz

If I can see it easily, I will use it more often. Palettes allow me to see a wide range of my shadows and help me decide on suitable color combinations.

Buying the eyeshadows in pan form is more economical.

And biggest one for me, it's a huge space saver! I have so much makeup and pallettes are so slim it makes it all neat and easy to store. I love palettes and use them for eyeshadows and blushes.

The only two cons I can think of is it's hard to travel with palettes and there is a lot of fallout so they get a little dusty and need more maintenance than pots would.

I once went and depotted all my e/s so they could go in a 15 palette. I refuse to buy LE eyeshadows because I'm too lazy to depot again.

jazmatazz

I forgot to mention it makes me feel a little more like a pro
smiles.gif
Which I most definitely am not, hehe.

There's something about using my e/s in the morning from a palette that's really alluring.

lilibat

prefer palettes, the bigger the better. So MUCH so in fact I am making my own huge one to hold everything I use regularly. It'll be big and wood with lots of fancy filigree. Yup.

gildedangel

For me it is a lot easier because I like to see everything at once, I can organize it better, it is easier for me to store and it is easier for me to travel with since I travel home 5 times a year.

thiscarmen

For me, it's just so that I can use them all and have them all in once place, as opposed to having to dig through and find one particular colour. Makes my mornings a lot faster.

Latest posts