MAC Parrot Eyeshadow

Wontpayretail23

Alot of talk on MUA about L'Oreal HIP eyeshadow duo on Showy being a parrot dupe. I didn't believe it. But today at walgreens the tester was showy so I swatched it on my hand and went straight home to swatch MAC Parrot next to it. Here's the stunning evidence.

L'Oreal HIP Duo in Showy on the Left, MAC Parrot on the right:
100_0857.jpg

It shocked me how close they are. You really can't tell a difference. Sadly it seems the L'Oreal has more pigment! I was lucky a lovely MUAer cut me a deal for $45 for my parrot (Thanks Caprig!). If you missed out on MAC Parrot I'd definately pick this up for the $6.99.

ledonatella

Wow, the L'oreal is just a tinge bluer. I still say Cargo Aegean is the closest I've seen, it has the right mix of blue and green at least for me and is comparable texture wise. IsaDora has a copy that's very very close too, but it's not as good of quality. But sadly, nothing will ever be as good as the real thing! It's funny, I wore mine the other day and it looked crappy on me for some reason so it made me not miss it so much.

depecher

I have tried finding this on the L'Oreal website and in the store. I can't find it in either place.
ssad.gif
I must be the blindest person ever.

Cruella

I think it is a limited edition item. I had to go to 3 stores yesterday to get it but I was thrilled when I tried it on. Did anyone notice how the bottom opens up and there is a mirror & 2 little applicators?

coachkitten

I saw that @ target this last week and wondered exactly what it looked like next to parrot! I really appreciate you doing this!!!
smiles.gif
I am going to have to get that shadow now! Thanks!

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by depecher
I have tried finding this on the L'Oreal website and in the store. I can't find it in either place.
ssad.gif
I must be the blindest person ever.

I saw it at Target and they also had L'oreal hip loose pigments as well. I would try Target if you still can't find it. Hope that helps!!

depecher

Thank you for the heads up about Target. We don't have Walgreens in my city. We are getting a CVS when it changes over from Sav-On. I live in such a backwards town. lol

Wontpayretail23

I went back to walgreens and purchased this today and 3 others. They were $6.99 each and if you purchase them at the cosmetics counter alway ask the sales person if they have coupons. Walgreens has sales insentives on cosmetics so they do anything they can to make a cosmetics sale and usually have a box of coupons. I got an additional $4 off. CVS has BOGO 1/2 off but that sale ends today. Hope this helps someone. I posted swatch pics of all the duos I bought in my MUA profile (ReesaRN23)

thegirlgotsoul

Target has a deal going on till Tommorrow, I think, which is buy 2 of the shadows (or any other HIP products I think) and get a $5 Target giftcard free!

I am going to go buy them all tonight, before they are gone!

pugmommy7

well you girls are lucky! i got mine at Eckerd today and it was $12 !!!!!!!!! I bought it b/c I was in a haze picking up meds for my sick family-myself included... and later thought about how crazy a price that was!
i am going to dig up that reciept and return it and get one elsewhere!

ambidextrous

There is a Lancome Color Design Shade that could be close to Parrot (I can't compare cos I've never seen Parrot in real life). Just if you mind testing another one..