MAC Patina

wetwater

Okay, so I'm a MAC newbie and only have 4 shadows. I've been eyeing Patina for a while and I can't decide if I should buy this or not. I have many shadows from diff brands and have decided that I only want to buy really unique MAC shadows because I'm never going to finish up using what I have! I'm also not sure if this would look good on my skintone (NC35).

I really like the iridescent quality of Patina (some say it shows pink?), but I'm not sure if that even shows up much. For reference, I LOOOVE Vex for its iridescence.

So ladies who own this, speak out! Yes? No? Is Patina really unique and undupeable? How does it look on an NC35 (olive)? I'm looking to mainly use this as an everyday lid color. Feel free to tell me if you have another suggestion for a MUST-HAVE super-unique neutral shadow!

she

patina is ultra versatile, i would highly recommend it. my friend is also nc35 and it looks great on her, it's really nice on olive to dark skin. otherwise for an everyday shade you may want to look into a paint pot (i.e. bare study, indianwood, etc) they can be worn as a solid base or alone as a color. find one that matches what you're looking for and you can layer patina or any other shade with it. hope this helps!
smiles.gif

erine1881

patina works on every skintone. it can be used to create neutral, everyday looks, and also for smoky eyes with browns or blacks.it does have a slight duochromeness (not as much as vex tho) which makes it great to pair with a range of colours.

euphrosyne_rose

I just got Patina about a month or so ago and it's definitely one I'd keep around. I'm probably about an NC20 right now and it's just a soft, buttery texture that looks slightly cocoa/golden on me with that hint of bronzey pink duochrome to it. I think it's going to look different on different people depending on their skintone but I agree that it seems to be one of those "one color fits all" shades. I recently saw a video by Pixiwoo on YT where she used it as a wash of color on her lids in a simple, everyday look and she's got pretty pale skin. It looked fabulous on her. I think Patina would go well with just about anything you'd want to pair it with.
winks.gif

thiscarmen

I'm NC35 and I absolutely LOVE Patina! It's a bronzey brownish gold (ew, I totally just made it sound disgusting), but even though it's a neutral, it's a very unique colour. I love putting this on the lid, but focussing more on the outer part, and the put some Mulch or Typographic (or any crease colour, really) in the crease, put some Shroom as a highlight and then I'm good to go. Of course, it obviously can be worn on its own.

Patina definitely has to be my fave lid colour, hands down.

sedene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode to Joy
what does it look like on really pale skin? does it have a warm undertone?

It looks great on fair skin. It's just neutral. It can look cool-toned if I pair it with cooler browns like Satin Taupe, or more warm-toned if I pair it with bronzey colors. It's so versatile.

MacArtist

Patina is a great color! Very, very versatile, subtle looks, night looks. You are an NC35 so it will look amazing! One of my favorite ways to wear patina is with plumage, hotness !

MizzMelroseMood

Patina is a gorgeous shade, if you have olive,yellow,or even pale toned skin it will looking amazing on u! I wouldn't call it warm, it's like a neutral shade.

PurpleCherry

Patina is one I've been eyeing up for a while now too. I'm a complete neutral browns, golds, beiges and copper girl and I reckon paired with something warmer toned, it would be beautiful.

Once my bank balance is being a little kinder to me, Patina is my next e/s purchase!