MAC pay rate(not exact rate but around)?.......

ViV04

Hey girls!
heart2.gif

I am soooo sorry to ask this
ssad.gif
but...I really really want to work for MAC and I know it's not easy to find out how much you girls get pay. Do they pay freestanding, counters, freelance, and permanent the same? I've been having this question in my head for a long time. And I search all the posts to see if anyone say how much they get pay(no one wants to tell) I know it's terminable breach of contract to reveal pay rates.... but I really want to know cause I have to pay lots of bills and to support my two kids. You don't have to tell me the exact rate just around.......Thanks!

Around(per hour):

1)$12 or under

2)$13-$15

3)$15+

giz2000

Actually the pay ranges start at (1) and end beyond (3)....it also depends in what region of the country you're in...some regions get paid higher or lower. Also, freelancers don't get a discount in every region either...

ViV04

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
Actually the pay ranges start at (1) and end beyond (3)....it also depends in what region of the country you're in...some regions get paid higher or lower. Also, freelancers don't get a discount in every region either...

Thanks for the info! I'm in NYC planning to apply for the ones in SOHO.... so it's still going to start at (1)? It's tooooo low....
ssad.gif

ViV04

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
In SoHo you would probably start at 3.

Really???? Thats good! Even the counter ones? Dose anyone here work at SOHO?

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukiyomi
Thanks for this post. Does the same apply to Freelancers?

It may depend on the area, but freelancers get paid less than counter/store employees...and you might not get the discount either...:confused:

NaturalSister19

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
It may depend on the area, but freelancers get paid less than counter/store employees...and you might not get the discount either...:confused:

Here in Michigan, my freelance hourly was higher than my MAC Artist hourly is.

tsukiyomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSister19

I live in SC. Does anyone know about SC Freelancers?

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSister19

I wish...it tends to be lower here...
ssad.gif

MisStarrlight

Freelancers fall under #3 as well here.

As a freelancer, I made the same amount as I do now as a permanent artist...but I have heard of some freelancers making $1-2 more/hour.

ViV04

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
Freelancers fall under #3 as well here.

As a freelancer, I made the same amount as I do now as a permanent artist...but I have heard of some freelancers making $1-2 more/hour.

Where in nyc do you work at?

calbear

When I freelanced - I got paid less than a counter artist when I was covering someone's shift ('on call' hours) but if I was working an event I got paid more than a counter artist ('freelance' hours).

It really does depends on sooooo many different factors.

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViV04
Where in nyc do you work at?

I work in the Queens/Brooklyn region, but the Manhattan region has our old MRO so things are very similar between the regions.

miinx

In the DC/MD/VA area, most MAs start right at around #3. If you work for Nordies at the counter however, you will start a bit lower - but you make commission as a Nordstrom employee, which will generally bring you about even with other counter and freestanding pay, and during holiday season and other busy times of year, you'll be generally making more.

FacesbyNiki

As perm I was in the 2's @ a Nordies, but as a freelancer I'm in the 3's.

And for the discount, just get a Pro Card. It's better.

MissVanessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViV04
Really???? Thats good! Even the counter ones? Dose anyone here work at SOHO?

I don't work at SoHo but I work on the 4th floor at Macy's Herald Square and I definitely make more than #3. And I'm at at a counter. I have a friend who works at the Flat Iron store and she makes the same.