MAC Perm Employees

Ruby_Woo

Hey! So I thought I would let all of you guys know, that we can now use our discount online through the MAC Pro site
th_DANCE.gif
. Just register your staff card if you have any further questions feel free to PM me. Im not sure if its been announced, but I know that we were only able to order through the phone before onlye (besides going to a FSS). I just found out today! So yay! For anyone w/o a Pro near by or even a store.

Hope this helps all of my fellow employees
smiles.gif

II3rinII

the email we got said that at that time only artist working in stores could register and not partnered locations, but that was april 15th. have they opened it up to everyone yet? i work in a store so i already registered and tried it out, we def get our full discount!! but im curious if my friends that work in the partnered locations like belk and dillards are able to order on there yet. keep us posted.

II3rinII

agh!! what the duece?? i just tried to sign in and its saying im not valid???!!!! i used the correct password and everything, for some reason i cant access my account any longer, have you guys tried it recently??

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by II3rinII
the email we got said that at that time only artist working in stores could register and not partnered locations, but that was april 15th. have they opened it up to everyone yet? i work in a store so i already registered and tried it out, we def get our full discount!! but im curious if my friends that work in the partnered locations like belk and dillards are able to order on there yet. keep us posted.

works for me! i'm at macy's, so it should work for everyone. ours never said stores only, just all perm non-nordies north america emps.

Quote:
agh!! what the duece?? i just tried to sign in and its saying im not valid???!!!! i used the correct password and everything, for some reason i cant access my account any longer, have you guys tried it recently??

when you sign in, you have to use the canadian zip code that was on the memo. what sucks is that everytime i sign in i have to go and edit my info, cuz with that canadian zip it changes it to canadian dollars. so i have to just switch it from a canadian to US address, keeping the canadian street address, and it flips it back to US dollars. its a pain in the ass, but much better than calling up to order. plus we can spend more online too!
th_wink3.gif

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
works for me! i'm at macy's, so it should work for everyone. ours never said stores only, just all perm non-nordies US emps.

when you sign in, you have to use the canadian zip code that was on the memo. what sucks is that everytime i sign in i have to go and edit my info, cuz with that canadian zip it changes it to canadian dollars. so i have to just switch it from a canadian to US address, keeping the canadian street address, and it flips it back to US dollars. its a pain in the ass, but much better than calling up to order. plus we can spend more online too!
th_wink3.gif

OH MY LORD I just saw this and was SOOO excited! But then I read this and my heart sank.. I work at a counter in Nordstrom.. so I can't use the site? I'm so confused. That sucks.. because every time I wanna order stuff (there is not even a store in my state!) I have to call and order it that way.. it sucks because then I have to have a list ready, (I always forget something!) and we have to call before 3 pm because of time zones so I always have to do it on my day off. Such a pain!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
OH MY LORD I just saw this and was SOOO excited! But then I read this and my heart sank.. I work at a counter in Nordstrom.. so I can't use the site? I'm so confused. That sucks.. because every time I wanna order stuff (there is not even a store in my state!) I have to call and order it that way.. it sucks because then I have to have a list ready, (I always forget something!) and we have to call before 3 pm because of time zones so I always have to do it on my day off. Such a pain!

that does suck that nordie's emps can't do it. i don't understand why.
th_dunno.gif
you have the same staff card as us, go to the same update as us, why can't you order like us?
th_dunno.gif
must have to be that you're employed by nordies maybe?

i'm sorry.
ssad.gif

VioletB

Quote:
that does suck that nordie's emps can't do it. i don't understand why.
th_dunno.gif
you have the same staff card as us, go to the same update as us, why can't you order like us?
th_dunno.gif
must have to be that you're employed by nordies maybe?

i'm sorry.
ssad.gif

I know that is so weird! I wondered why my CM didn't mention any of this to us before I read it on here.. Damn. That sucks so bad.
ssad.gif
I totally would place an order right this minute!! Come on MAC don't you want my MONEY??
smiles.gif

VioletB

PS.. I just tried signing in with my staff card and it doesn't work?? I used to be able to sign in to read all the updates and literature on the site but now I can't get in at all. The last time this happened to me my staff card was rejected and for some reason I had a new one (with a new number) issued to me a couple days later. This is so weird? Do you guys think it is just because of all this newness going on with staff cards?

Ruby_Woo

Quote:

I work at a store, but my friend who works at a Macy's says she was able to. I didn't hear the vm, my friend just said to try it and I did.

You know how when you look up an employee in the system it says "Markham,NY" well when I registered my card, thats what I entered for the zipcode.

Once it took me to the next level, I entered all my info and including my home address and it worked.

I added a product to my cart to see if it gives us our full discount, and it does! Yay! No more "we're out of stock right now" wooo! hehe well at least for a few things like the duo fiber brush. I noticed, however from working at Pro that not everything is on the website. Like Platinum pigment and such.

Let me know if it works for you Erin, try it w/ the Markham zipcode.

smiles.gif

User67

I have been having trouble logging in, every time it gets to the part where I enter my birth date it says that I have entered the wrong date. I e-mailed MAC pro & they said that there is something wrong with the system where it's not updating birth dates & the problem should be fixed by this week. That makes no sense to me because my co-worker who got hired at the same time as me & got her staff card at the same time logged in with no problem & even people who were hired way after me have also logged in with no problem. I have a feeling that I will not be getting on the site anytime soon
ssad.gif

II3rinII

Quote:
works for me! i'm at macy's, so it should work for everyone. ours never said stores only, just all perm non-nordies north america emps.

th_wink3.gif

well on the 19th i registered with my staff number and my zipcode, it let me continue and i made up a password and even put items in a cart to test the discount, it worked. but then last night i tried to sign back in, with my correct number and password and it said invalid. so emailed them, hopefully it will get fixed. does anyone know the markham zip by chance?

User67

Quote:
well on the 19th i registered with my staff number and my zipcode, it let me continue and i made up a password and even put items in a cart to test the discount, it worked. but then last night i tried to sign back in, with my correct number and password and it said invalid. so emailed them, hopefully it will get fixed. does anyone know the markham zip by chance?

Okay, so it's not just me having issues....

Hennys

I logged in last week and even made an order.

Now I can't log in at all. It says my information is incorrect.

I always had problems with the site when I was a Pro member, too.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
Let me know if it works for you Erin, try it w/ the Markham zipcode.

smiles.gif

do you happen to have that zipcode hun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyla2120
I have been having trouble logging in, every time it gets to the part where I enter my birth date it says that I have entered the wrong date. I e-mailed MAC pro & they said that there is something wrong with the system where it's not updating birth dates & the problem should be fixed by this week. That makes no sense to me because my co-worker who got hired at the same time as me & got her staff card at the same time logged in with no problem & even people who were hired way after me have also logged in with no problem. I have a feeling that I will not be getting on the site anytime soon
ssad.gif

hey, at least you have a place to enter your bday. it tells me to enter my bday, but there's no spot to do so.
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
PS.. I just tried signing in with my staff card and it doesn't work?? I used to be able to sign in to read all the updates and literature on the site but now I can't get in at all. The last time this happened to me my staff card was rejected and for some reason I had a new one (with a new number) issued to me a couple days later. This is so weird? Do you guys think it is just because of all this newness going on with staff cards?

i reread the memo today and it says that those that can't order online, such as nordies employees, can no longer view info that required a log-in. so that means you, as a nordies employee, can no longer view pro-to-pro categories like artist tips, meet the artist, etc.

that's a double blow for you.
ssad.gif

II3rinII

ok so i just tried again with all my regular info and it still didnt work. weird. last week i was able to sign in and create an order, now im invalid. i dont know the markham zipcode, but i didnt use that when i initially set it up. i emailed them but they havent gotten back to me yet. this is annoying. hey erin have you tried to sign on again recently? what zip did you use? do you have the canadian one, maybe will try that one.

erine1881

Quote:
ok so i just tried again with all my regular info and it still didnt work. weird. last week i was able to sign in and create an order, now im invalid. i dont know the markham zipcode, but i didnt use that when i initially set it up. i emailed them but they havent gotten back to me yet. this is annoying. hey erin have you tried to sign on again recently? what zip did you use? do you have the canadian one, maybe will try that one.

just did 2 seconds ago and it worked.

the markham, ontario zip is L3R4C1.

but again, i had to go edit my member profile, and while keeping that address and zip, change it to US instead of canadian. man that's a pain in the ass to do each time!