MAC Petticoat!!!

MacAddict_Sami

Soooo... I just bought this MSF for the first time and I think I might regret it... I am not sure how I would use it...I am an NC45 for reference. So if anyone could offer any suggestion, it'd be GREATLY appreciated!!!

TIA

TISH1124

I wear it on top of other blushes...almost like a highlighter/bronzer ...I don't like it on my skintone solo...NC45

kimmy

since it's an msf, imho it's better for highlighting that for using as a blush alone unless you've got a lighter skintone. you can try brushing it over your cheekbones, bridge of nose and your chin and see how you like the effect it has on your overall look with that placement.
smiles.gif

myystiqueen

ohh... i was about to post the same kinda thing.. but the difference is that i haven't bought it but i have put the only one left in myy local mac pro store on hold for me... i'm going to get it by next thursday...

i didn't even know the exact color of petticoat... i only ordered it because i heard so many raves about it... but actually,, does it have a pink tint into it? or just peachy-beige color??

i'm NC-35 and i don't really like using pink blush... so will it work for me??

oh.. and also.. is it sheer or..?

AdlersMommy22

Im an NC30 and I use it as a blush all the time. I love how it looks... Im not a huge fan of pinks and am not too impressed with the lightness of pink swoon that i got from manish but i put this over it because it has a bronzeness to it.. and its gorgeous!
smiles.gif

Mercurial

I love Petticoat but it shows up quite strongly on me (NC15). I use the 187 to apply and then a buffer afterwards. Once buffed it leaves a lovely highlighting sheen, very pretty!

foxyqt

the best way to apply MSFs is to spray the 187 brush with Fix+ and then swirl it on the MSF and buff it ^_^ i wasnt sure how to use MSFs before but when i read about this method and tried it, it worked great for me!

benzito_714

i tried it three times and i just didn't like it. I just kept telling my MA-everyone loves so this and i want to love it too. it was just ok. as for a highlight it was just too strong and when buffed (to my liking) it just wasn't worth the $21. i did get a dupe from New York Color (N.Y.C.) from their new chroma color line and for $2 i couldn't pass it up.

nicoleh619

Benzito_714...How are you liking the nyc dupe of petticoat? I think its called moonstone. I like it although I haven't used it much. I just wanted your perspective...I also wanted petticoat but wasn't sure how it would work for my nc50 skintone.

cetati

I am NC30-35ish, and I like Petticoat. At first I used it as a blush but to get it to show up as a blush enough for my liking I had to use SO much of it and it not only got too shiny but also rubbed off easily due to having so much of it on me! I don't like wearing a thick layer of anything on my face so this was a problem. I had the same problem with Smashbox Soft Lights and I didn't like it being too shimmery and glowy.

Now I wear it like so:

1) Apply a small amount of pigmented blush on the apple of my cheeks and blend out a little with the same brush. I use NARS Orgasm or MAC Dollymix for this.
2) Use a 187 (About to switch to the 181 though) brush to blend in Petticoat (or the Smashbox Soft Lights) lightly over the blush as a highlighter and also expand the area where blush is applied to get a more natural glow where the color is concentrated on the apple of my cheeks due to the first blush I applied.

FiestyFemme

I just got Petticoat, but I'm using it for a highlighter. I'm actually pretty fair (like NC15) but this works for me!
Today I did Stark Naked on my cheeks with the 116, then Petticoat along the tops of my cheekbones with the 109.
Pretty!
smiles.gif

benzito_714

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleh619
Benzito_714...How are you liking the nyc dupe of petticoat? I think its called moonstone. I like it although I haven't used it much. I just wanted your perspective...I also wanted petticoat but wasn't sure how it would work for my nc50 skintone.

i love it. it doesn't give me too much shimmer just a nice glow-which i was looking for in petticoat but didn't get. petticoat looked so chunky and glittery on me-i just couldn't even though i wanted to. i want to get the other nyc highlight but the chroma color line hasn't gotten to d.c. yet.

i_love_mac

I dont hate or love it, Petticoat and I'm NC400 and its okay. I use a blush before I apply the Petticoat on its just a sheen pinkinsh color over my blush

IDontKnowMomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl about town
im nc25-30 and i can use it on its own it looks like a natural pink flush its really gorgeous!!

same :]
I love it.

*JJ*

i'm so in love with petticoat! the only thing i ever bought a back-up of. i hope they make it permanent!