mac postcards??

a914butterfly

what is going on with MAC postcards?? i havent seen any at my local counter in a long time and i have ordered from mac online and no postcard. Is MAC discontinuing them?? i mean i spend so much freakin money on mac, the least they can do is make us some postcards!!

lola336

i know i was wondering this too. i asked teh MA's at my store and they dont know what happened either. strange..i liked them
ssad.gif

astronaut

I remember they used to have postcards lying around at the MAC counters a while back but ever since I started buying MAC obsessively (lol) they don't have them anymore! A few months ago when the MAC store opened, they had some Viva Glam post cards, which I asked if I could have them. I asked my regular MA if they have any postcards for every time a new collection came out and she said that they haven't been getting them sent to them. I also went to my MAC counter and asked my friend who works there and she said that they haven't been getting them either but she's been getting them from being on the list at the MAC store. I have never had MAC send me anything in the mail thus far. I want postcards damnit!

kymmilee

i can't remember where, or whether or not it was a reliable source, but i heard that they are discontinuing them in the U.S.
weeping.gif

Stormy

I asked at my MAC store yesterday and they didn't have any at all.
ssad.gif
I really wanted to start collecting them, guess I will have to swap for them if I want them. All I have right now is a really pretty Lure one.

melliquor

I was thinking the same thing. The last one I have seen is Moonbathe. Cshock and Flashtronic never came in over here. Neither did Rushmetal, Painterly and 3D. I really hope they don't discontinue them. They are so pretty.

claresauntie

I never saw any at our counter aside from the Viva Glam ones we had until Novel Twist. I've been working there for 4 months (that's what? 712 collections?!
winks.gif
).

oddinary

They still make them here (in Hong Kong). My other 2 most recent are C-shock and Moonbathe.
I picked up a Flashtronic card today. If you search for "Flashtronic" on MUA pictures, you should find my pictures.

I have the 3 part summer collection mailer that reads SUMMER 2007 on the reverse, but I'm sure some of you ladies have that too. I kinda wish there was a Balloonacy card, though.

IvyTrini

I have not seen the postcards in almost 1 year. I think they have generally stopped producing them to give away to customers. I don't know why. Maybe to save trees or something. I loved collecting them and now I just save the images.

silverblackened

They still have them in Singapore, too. In fact, most recently the "BRR", "HELLO", and "GREETINGS" postcards have been in the displayer by the cashier for anyone to pick up, alongside the postcard for the latest collection or so.

coachkitten

I miss the postcards so much! I wonder if they stopped producing them in the US because of people selling them?

I am a huge postcard collector and I would have loved a C-Shock & Painterly postcard.
ssad.gif

I sure hope them bring postcards back!!!

blueangel1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymmilee
i can't remember where, or whether or not it was a reliable source, but i heard that they are discontinuing them in the U.S.
weeping.gif

Oh noes! I hope not...The last postcard I ever got from them in the store was the BLM postcard, aside from the summer 2007 mailer and Strange Hybrid invite they sent me. I'm devastated since I love collecting their postcards
ssad.gif

OrangeLuvinChik

I thought I was the only one not getting the post cards! I miss the postcards too! Just when I was starting to get into them. The last time I got them was probably last year. I kept asking the counters for them, and the MA misunderstood me and gave me those black regular postcards, like she handed me 5 of those! I wonder what's going on? :confused:

astronaut

I remember when I bought my first MAC product, lure was out. I didn't even care for the postcards but the MA just put it in my bag. I was like, what the hell is this? I'm surprised I still have it. I didn't really care for it since I like the closeup pics like BLM, moonbathe, c-shock, etc. Lure was just boobies. I don't want boobies! I want makeup! lol

piperbaby

I love the postcards too. The Barbie on is just beautiful and I had to buy that one. As much as they are making from us they could still send them.

ExquisiteImages

I haven't seen any postcards over the counter neither ever since Lure. And then they had some Barbie round cards on the counter. I've just received the Smoke Signals mailer a week ago though.

xbrookecorex

My MA told me that Mac's not putting out postcards in the US anymore (except for when you get lucky and get one in the mail) because they don't like how they are free items and people go and sell them on Ebay. They think that in Asia, people use them for their own decorative/art purposes, and not to make a profit like the Americans do. This is clearly not the case because all the Mac postcards up on Ebay are from Thailand/Singapore/etc.

Anyways yeah, I've been keeping myself up to date by buying them on Ebay, because I'm crazy. There's been Strange Hybrid, Balloonacy, C Shock, Moonbathe, and Flashtronic.

Latest posts