MAC Prep n Prime or Sephora Photofinish?

ShexyKristin

Which of these primers are better? I want good mattifying power and stay power.
smiles.gif

MAC_Pixie04

I tried Prep + Prime a few times and it made me feel greasy very quickly, and the fact that it has little pearl particles in it don't flatter oily skin at all.

If you mean Smashbox Photofinish primer, that one didn't do much for me either, having oily skin. Contrary to what many have stated, it's not oil-free (mineral oil free, yes). I like the Photofinish Light primer, which has more of a lotion-like texture, but is very smooth and stays matte, it's 60% water and oil-free. I also really like MUFE All Mat primer, which has a similar texture to Photofinish, but not as slick and it's also oil free, it has incredible staying power, but it's a tad overpriced IMO @ $45.

MACATTAK

I like Mac prep & prime better. Smashbox Photofinish seemed more oily to me, and made me break out. I think they are both pretty mattifying and both are good at staying power. It would basically come down to which you prefer
smiles.gif

ShexyKristin

Thanks for the info guys.
smiles.gif
I've tried Smashbox's (Now I remember the name ahah I was blank before) Photofinish before and it's alright but not crazy good so I wanted to try Prep n Prime, but I wanted to see what you guys thought first.
smiles.gif

BlahWah

I haven't tried Photofinish Light yet (and now I really want to!) but the original Photofinish made me incredibly greasy after 1/2 hr and P&P didn't make much difference either way. I really like the P&P spf, tho. Somehow it's more matte on me and keeps my face looking decent for 1/2 a day. That with Vichy Normaderm lotion and Select spf foundation have been the best combination for keeping my face matte.

rouquinne

my November column at Naturally Curly was about primers. this is going to sound really strange, but this is something i hear from Americans all the time (the product isn't sold in Canada):

The name that unexpectedly pops up when discussing primers is Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel; an inexpensive product that shares an ingredient list of silicones and polymers with most of the pricier products named above. (For a list of primers at all price points complete with reviews, check out BlogdorfGoodman at blogspot.com – 40 Days & 40 Nights of Primers.)

glam8babe

i really wana try the mac one! i have smashbox's but i cant wear it all the time as i break out easily. i do have oily skin and it doesnt make it look bad maybe those of you who have oily skin and think it makes it look oilier are using too much? you only need a tiny bit! i wanna try the light version when it comes to the UK but i wanna try mac as it would b easier for me to purchase often

rouquinne

most primers are composed of mostly silicones, and that's exactly what the Monistat Anti-Chafing gel is too.

Latest posts