MAC Pressed Blotting Powder

loci

Just have 2 quick questions...

1) Does it have pigments in there? The MA at the counter recommanded me to use medium-dark, and I have bought a Light one from someone else. I can't really see the different though...

2) The pressed poder is so hard that my BB face blender can't pick up any product at all. Should I get a new brush, or smash it into pieces? The only other face brush I have is 168 and 182.

Thanks!

spectrolite

I don't think that the powder is highly pigmented at all. It's meant to be virtually invisible on the skin. I would recommend using the one that is closest to your skin tone.

I used to use the pressed blot powder and I found that the 129 powder brush worked just fine. I've switched to the loose blot powder and now use the 187 brush to apply it. I find that I have more control with the 187 and the loose powder is easier to pick up and apply. It is also less likely to look cakey or chalky like it can if you use a powder puff or denser brushes. With the loose powder, there is also no fear of dropping and smashing the powder into millions of bits and pieces like I did with my last pressed Blot Powder
smiles.gif

goink

There isn't any pigment at all. It is an invisible setting powder. I remember a MA telling me that she used Dark on nc30's since it was the only one available in the photoshoot. It didn't alter any colouring.

I've tried both Loose and Pressed Blot Powder. I returned Loose though, since it oxidized on me. Pressed isn't hard for me at all. In fact, I get powder flyaways when I use the 129. I go through the Pressed fast though because of this.

fleckspeck

No pigment--I'm NW15 and I used Medium Blot Powder

I haven't tried the loose powder, but I have had no trouble picking up powder with my brush. I do tend to lose some and go through it fast though, like goink.

lara

The pigment level is 2-10% depending on which colour you select. The difference between light and medium is negligible, but there is a noticable difference between medium and medium-dark.

The powder shouldn't be difficult to pick up, but maybe the powder has been over-compressed or developed an oil skin. A quick fix is to take some sticky tape and 'pat' it over the surface of the powder - this will take the top layer off and hopefully make the product easier for you to use.

Meryl

I use the Light Blot powder. My favourite brush to use is the 134 and it picks up the powder quite easily... I can see lots being picked up on the black brush bristles.

I wonder if your powder has that oily skin that lara was mentioning...

loci

But I can hardly pickup anything even when I first bought it lol (medium-dark)
The light one doesno't have this problem though...

I need to use 182 to get poder on my brush, if I use BB blender, I'm really not getting anything.
By the way, is 134 good?

MAC_Whore

Lara was right about the pigmentation. It is only 3%.

If you still feel like the powder is too hard, MAC makes a loose blot powder. You can give that a shot.

Winnie

I use it in Medium and it is virtually invisible as it's not meant to add any colour. I use my 182 brush but for portablity I have a tiny Dior brush that was in some gift set because I don't like using the sponge included. Lara's tip is pretty good, I will be sure to remember to use that if I ever need to!

venacava

I use 182 on pressed Blot. Take care not to grind into the product too hard, that way you'll end up with far more powder than you need. Otherwise, 129 work just as well if you have dryer skin and do not require much buffing.

Btw, I'm NC25 and uses medium.

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by loci
By the way, is 134 good?

I like the 134 because it's big and a bit stiffer. If it were a floppy, super soft brush, it wouldn't pick up as much.

Now that I think about it, my Light Blot never gets finished. It starts to become difficult to pick up powder and when I find myself grinding my brush into the compact, in order to pick up powder... I usually toss it and buy a new fresh one.

However, a new one shouldn't be hard.