MAC pressed powders dilemma

miztgral

Hi all, here's my dilemma:
I usually apply tinted moisturizer before my compact powder. (Powder usually go on T-zone and chin only) So currently I'm contemplating getting a MAC pressed powder and I don't know which to get! Currently on my list:
1. Studiofinish pressed
2. Select Sheer pressed
3. Blot powder pressed

The MAC website says that blot powder is put on after liquid foundation. Is it true? I only put compact on my oily T-zone to matte the area, so Studiofinish seems good? Anyone uses Studiofinish here? I can't seem to find the review for it... :confused:

THANKS all in advance!
smiles.gif

maxcat

I use blot to, well, blot my makeup when I start greaseballing through it after a couple of hours. It doesn't deposit more product on the skin - it just soaks up what you've got there and falls away. If you're looking for it to knock down your Tzone and not put on more color I'd reccomend blot.

BinkysBaby

I use blot powder, pressed powder, and sheer select powder. I MUST use blot powder because I'm super oily and it takes away the oil without leaving a "I've been reapply powder all day look" The pressed powder give okay coverage but it does not go on as smoothly as the sheer select. The sheer select glides on and has moderate coverage (a good amount for me for an everyday look). And you said that the review about blot powder says that you have to apply it over foundation; well I apply it alone all the time and it works perfectly. LIke Maxcat said, for matting your t-zone, blot powder will be perfect. I never leave home without it!

tiramisu

Blot powder hands down. I've used all three on your list during each season and I'll never go back to the others...they seem to shift on my skin over the course of the day, and pressed blot pwder never does!!