MAC Pro - Chromaline Discussion

BunnyBunnyBunny

Launching sometime in October is a new Pro item - Chromaline. I have no idea what these are but they will be 16.50 each and the colors are as follows:

Pure White
Black Black
Primary Yellow
Genuine Orange
Basic Red
Rich Purple
Marine Ultra
Landscape Green

These are the same names as some of the normal Chroma Cakes. So maybe they're small versions of them? What do you think? Do you guys use Chroma Cakes ever?

nelyanaphonexia

oooh. if they are pencil forms of the Chroma Cakes I will be all over that.
greengrin.gif

JustDivine

The product was used quite a bit at London Fashion Week by Charlotte Tilbury and James Molloy....and I've seen it pop up in press releases for the magazine I work for....

"Charlotte Tilbury created an electric purple eye covered in lipglass which made the girls eyes look plastic. She used M.A.C Chromaline in Rich Purple which is the product of the season so far."

BETTY-HOME.jpg

For Betty's show, Sam ditched mascara and blusher and relied upon MAC's Red Chromaline pots for lip colour (start stocking up now!), and brow liner scored through models' natural eyebrows (ditto!).
(photo and blurb courtesy of graziadaily.co.uk)

From Seventeen.com:
"I can't wait to line my eyes with some of that! It's a cream gel that comes in fun colors like violet and yellow, and you can use it as eyeliner, shadow, or body paint. Perfect! Just in time for Halloween, you can get your hands on it this month (it's literally shipping into stores as I write this)."

franimal

Thanks for posting the pic....Looks pretty but I don't think I would enjoy having lipglass smothered on my lids

Ruby_Woo

Ok another item I'll have to ask at work about. I haven't seen this,and we still haven't received the cakeliners. hmm. Im excited for these though!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by franimal
Thanks for posting the pic....Looks pretty but I don't think I would enjoy having lipglass smothered on my lids

Yeah, that is one of those NSFRL looks. As in "Not Safe For Real Life"
smiles.gif

yeah its probably a smaller version of the chroma cakes for the face i'm guessing? chroma cakes are most used for professional body paint so i'm very curious about this collection!
tong.gif

GlamYOURUs

Yeah they sound like chrome cakes in pencil form. Hmmm interesting.
Reminds of me crayola crayons. The thicker kind. lol

kimmy

what do you use the original chroma cakes for?

these sound like something i might want to look at, but if it's more of a body paint thing i don't see why i'd need to...

MAC_Fafinette14

The only thing I know regarding Chromacakes is that the colour Landscape Green is used for the musical Wicked to create the character Elphaba's unique skintone. Other than that, I'd look up on the MAC Pro website. HTH.

Latest posts