MAC Pro Palette advice?

imthebeesknees

So I am a pro pallete virgin! ha! The only Mac palletes I have are the quads, which I have quite a few. So I decided that I am going to quit buying the quads and start building up a pro pallete collection.

That being said, I noticed that all you ladies have yours orginized by color. I am planning on owning quite a few, so I was wondering how I should start. I don't 'need' any colors specifically, I just want to get my collection started. ...so which should I start with?? And do you ladies mix different finishes together or just do a matte pallete, satin, ect?

LC

Re: Pro Pallete advice?

i do all mine by color as well..

light pinks, dark pinks, blues, teals, greens, yellow/golds, light beiges, dark beiges, medium browns, dark browns, black/silver, greens, pinky purples, blue violets, oranges..yeah i think that's it.

but i mix the textures, it's easier for me to just keep the colors together. and i know a lot of people who keep their limited edition and rare colors in separate palettes, but that to me seems more difficult to be able to find colors you need, you know?

FiestyFemme

Right now I have 3 palettes with the dividers out, and they are arranged by neutral, warm, & cool. I definitely mix finishes, but I really like my system... it's easy to find exactly what I'm looking for!

Lyssah

I don't have pallets but i orgainse my pots in my trancase the following way.

Top shelf - neturals,
Mid shelf - Tones (Black, Grey, White), Yellow, Orange, Green
Mid shelf 2 - Aquas, Teals, Blues, Purples.
Bottom - Purple, Pink

To me each shelf is like a pallet.

LMD84

i have 4 mac palettes and aren't really done by colour! the firstis a neaural palette with anything from black, silver and golds and browns. then my other palettes have a mix of colours in them. one row will be green, the next purple and the next blue.... so mine are all muddled!

however i do have quads where i group colours together. i have favourites ones! like my 4 fave purples, blues and greens, etc

chocokitty

I have 8 pro palettes. I actually depot my quads to put the e/s in the pro palettes. I organize mine by color -- despite if it LE or Pro or different textures such as blue, green, purple, light brown, darker brown, grey/black etc. But I have one palette that is just for highlight colors which is a mix of colors. This system seems to work for me.

my_adored

I did all my shimmery neutrals first. Came out looking beautiful. (If a palette itself can be beautiful...I'm a dork..) The other is Pinks, Blues, and Purples. Next I am doing matte neutrals. Maybe try something like that.