Mac Pro Palettes discussion

MRV

I have clear lids because most of my e/s are depotted into quads. I like them like that. You can easilly grab all the e/s for a collection. My perms (a minority) are depotted into (3) 15 pans, and I don't use them as much. The Mega Metals are also depotted into 8 pan, but everything else stays in singles, including the special packaging e/s.

Edelmc

I wouldnt be able to handle half half...
once I made a four pan pallete and it absoloutely kills me looking at it seriously!!! no names on the back LOL, i have considered buying the four individuals just to keep my stuff uniformed...
same with blushes, I made 6 pan with the cremeblends and sent them back and bought individuals (I felt they were drying out more, I now think its just the formula).... everything is just prettier in individual... it's just the storage factor that is killing me, how to store so I enjoy the most :)
I got a great tip from a specktra member in the storage and stats forums for storing individual shadows, blushes etc.....Start holding onto the cardboard boxes the products come in. Once you have a few cut them in half and stick the boxes together side by side so that the cut faces are opening outwards. You can then store your shadows so they are easy to see and access without them rolling around....

pemily

once I made a four pan pallete and it absoloutely kills me looking at it seriously!!! no names on the back LOL, i have considered buying the four individuals just to keep my stuff uniformed...
same with blushes, I made 6 pan with the cremeblends and sent them back and bought individuals (I felt they were drying out more, I now think its just the formula).... everything is just prettier in individual... it's just the storage factor that is killing me, how to store so I enjoy the most :)
I got a great tip from a specktra member in the storage and stats forums for storing individual shadows, blushes etc.....Start holding onto the cardboard boxes the products come in. Once you have a few cut them in half and stick the boxes together side by side so that the cut faces are opening outwards. You can then store your shadows so they are easy to see and access without them rolling around....
That is good! By cutting in half I would make up for the ones I have thrown out! Only down side is, you wouldnt be able to see what is what without pulling out

Piarpreet

me too :)

I agree with that. I used to depot all of them but then when the bigger ones came out with Jeanius and Peacocky, I stopped depotting and found I used the in pot shadows more. Now, for travel, it will be too bulky. Not sure how to reorganize & always fear to depot and ruin the prettiness. I am torn.

martiangurll

The quads drive me crazy though because I have about 15 of them some premade and some put together by moi, & they stack fine, but then the stacks are always falling over. My decision there is do I organize by colors that can be used in coordination to do a look or organized by colors, greens and purples, etc. It makes the OCD flare up I tell you. If those darn Z palettes were not so tacky I would buy about 10 of them and go to town depotting and putting it all together by color tone to make it easy. Then I would have clear lids, uniform palettes and stackable. But since the only one I have has a cheetah print on it, ten cheetah palettes? I would feel so Hollywood. Then, another tough decision, if I depot all the regular e/s, what do I do with the MES? I am scared to depot those--they are prone to shatter I read. I guess it is easier to ponder on these issues than to try and narrow down lists from upcoming collections without many swatches.

Mac-Guy

You can get the Z Palette in black now: http://www.zpalette.com/wposc/product_info.php?products_id=29

The quads drive me crazy though because I have about 15 of them some premade and some put together by moi, & they stack fine, but then the stacks are always falling over. My decision there is do I organize by colors that can be used in coordination to do a look or organized by colors, greens and purples, etc. It makes the OCD flare up I tell you. If those darn Z palettes were not so tacky I would buy about 10 of them and go to town depotting and putting it all together by color tone to make it easy. Then I would have clear lids, uniform palettes and stackable. But since the only one I have has a cheetah print on it, ten cheetah palettes? I would feel so Hollywood. Then, another tough decision, if I depot all the regular e/s, what do I do with the MES? I am scared to depot those--they are prone to shatter I read. I guess it is easier to ponder on these issues than to try and narrow down lists from upcoming collections without many swatches.

martiangurll

I know, but then what happens to my singleton cheetah? I don't think I can part with her. I could save her for all the mismatched stuff, like big sized shadows, and nonMAC depots I suppose...

Mac-Guy

I know, but then what happens to my singleton cheetah? I don't think I can part with her. I could save her for all the mismatched stuff, like big sized shadows, and nonMAC depots I suppose...

"The good ones in the pot, the bad ones in the crop." (Cinderella)

pemily

Martiangurll I'm so glad it's not just me!!!! My bf thinks I'm crazy with my OCD! We have spent weeks looking for lights for my vanity mirror, trying to cut foam to hold my lipstick lol It's so stressfull! But I'm not going to make any rash decisions I will regret later lol

Edelmc

That is good! By cutting in half I would make up for the ones I have thrown out! Only down side is, you wouldnt be able to see what is what without pulling out
Here's the thread I was talking about. With alot of the products you can see part of the pan so it's easy to spot things. I am thinking of changing from 15 pan palettes to quads and using this system. That why I have clear lids and organisation! http://www.specktra.net/t/135947/ambonees-vanity-make-up-storage-pic-heavy

martiangurll

http://www.specktra.net/t/135947/ambonees-vanity-make-up-storage-pic-heavy

I think I just had a virtual orgasm. Thanks for sharing your ideas. I probably will go with some Z palettes. Maybe some zebra, pink, black and cheetah just to mix it up, we can't let the OCD win too much and I like the clear lids to see in there, plus it can accomodate any size e/s in case they change them again. I like the idea of organizing by color (and finish!), label everything for ez identification and cutting the box in half to make the products stand on end for easy idenfication. This is going to take a lot of work, but it will be a labor of love.

martiangurll

"The good ones in the pot, the bad ones in the crop." (Cinderella)

I thought I was the only one who liked Cinderella! (almost as good as Ratt)
punk_.gif

Mac-Guy

I think I just had a virtual orgasm. Thanks for sharing your ideas. I probably will go with some Z palettes. Maybe some zebra, pink, black and cheetah just to mix it up, we can't let the OCD win too much and I like the clear lids to see in there, plus it can accomodate any size e/s in case they change them again. I like the idea of organizing by color (and finish!), label everything for ez identification and cutting the box in half to make the products stand on end for easy idenfication. This is going to take a lot of work, but it will be a labor of love.

Don't jinx it.

iheartmakeup412

I have clear lids because most of my e/s are depotted into quads. I like them like that. You can easilly grab all the e/s for a collection. My perms (a minority) are depotted into (3) 15 pans, and I don't use them as much. The Mega Metals are also depotted into 8 pan, but everything else stays in singles, including the special packaging e/s.
I depot all my shadows into quads also. I have 30 quads that are color coordinated and I like that the lids are clear. If these new pallets had clear lids I would've switched.

iheartmakeup412

Quote: Originally Posted by MRV

I organize my quads by color blues, greens, browns, etc.

paparazziboy

so i saw the visual today the didnt have the actual palettes to see. but they are nice. they are all black but some of the insert are clear inside such as the wells for lipsticks, cream color bases, for the shadows its the same but you now have the option to have 24 shadows as they are able to be on both sides to the palette with a clear divider to separate both sides.

Piarpreet

this makes me wanna buy lipstick by the gram...like u buy color in powder in india (dye). give me 0.1 of EVERY color!
so i saw the visual today the didnt have the actual palettes to see. but they are nice. they are all black but some of the insert are clear inside such as the wells for lipsticks, cream color bases, for the shadows its the same but you now have the option to have 24 shadows as they are able to be on both sides to the palette with a clear divider to separate both sides.

Leven

ooooooh, so do these palettes have wells we can depot cream based products into like a Japonesque palette?

not bad

Latest posts