Mac Pro Palettes discussion

pemily

I designed a label (black ink with white writing) Printed on sticker paper and cut and stuck on the bottom of the palette if anyone would like to see please let me know.

MACupGrl

Idea For labelling eye shadows on the palettes with the clear lid: i had some extra transparency sheets and printed rectangles the size of the palette. Cut them out and place it on top of the eyeshadows in the palette. (Similar to mufe palettes) I bought avery clear labels and printed out small squares with names of all my eye shadows. Cut out the squares and stuck them on the transparencies. Since the labels and sheet is clear, you can see everything thru the clear lid. Yes it took a lot of effort but i have ocd when it comes to labeling my makeup.
Omg! I wanna see! Show us a pic! I mean, if you took that much time and effort to make it look organized and neat PLEASE share. Let us admire it.

martiangurll

Printed on sticker paper and cut and stuck on the bottom of the palette if anyone would like to see please let me know.
I wanna see! I tried labelling all my palettes (I have 6 of the 15 pan MAC ones plus a Z palette and about 4 of the smaller 4 pans using a sharpie but when I finished I couldn't read it anymore--I am going to have to go back and redo all of them--frustrating. I love the new palettes with the clear lids but for me to switch over to the new ones would be too much $$$.

Anyone recommend a palette besides the Z palette for the bigger shadows? (like the EDES and the mega metals?)

I am torn whether to break up my quads or not... Pros vs cons?

erine1881

I wanna see!  I tried labelling all my palettes (I have 6 of the 15 pan MAC ones plus a Z palette and about 4 of the smaller 4 pans using a sharpie but when I finished I couldn't read it anymore--I am going to have to go back and redo all of them--frustrating.  I love the new palettes with the clear lids but for me to switch over to the new ones would be too much $$$. Anyone recommend a palette besides the Z palette for the bigger shadows?  (like the EDES and the mega metals?)   I am torn whether to break up my quads or not...  Pros vs cons? 
Mufe and coastal scents have palettes for bigger shadows.

ChosenOne

Totally nerded out today in preparation for Operation Depotting and made a spreadsheet of all my e/s, organized by color. Then made lists under that to plan out which e/s are going in which palettes. This way I can plan my depotting accordingly and do them one palette at a time. (like I said, NERD, lol) I apparently have 76 e/s...and that's only including the "regular" ones, not any EDES, mega-metals, mineralized, or anything else that came in a differently sized pot. Guess I need to go buy 5 palettes (I'm just going to B2M one or two e/s that I never use).

gracie90

Quote:
Totally nerded out today in preparation for Operation Depotting and made a spreadsheet of all my e/s, organized by color. Then made lists under that to plan out which e/s are going in which palettes. This way I can plan my depotting accordingly and do them one palette at a time. (like I said, NERD, lol) I apparently have 76 e/s...and that's only including the "regular" ones, not any EDES, mega-metals, mineralized, or anything else that came in a differently sized pot. Guess I need to go buy 5 palettes (I'm just going to B2M one or two e/s that I never use).
That sounds awesome! You should post pics of your finished palettes - I love seeing how everyone organises theirs!

ChosenOne

That sounds awesome! You should post pics of your finished palettes - I love seeing how everyone organises theirs!
Can do! I already have pictures of my three old style palettes (I've had those for a couple of years, and I took pictures right away because they were so pretty, haha) so maybe I'll post those later
heart2.gif

ChosenOne

So I don't seem to have a picture of one of the original three palettes I put together (the neutrals palette...I'll just take a pic of that one later), but I do have pics of the other two. They're not quite as well organized as I plan on making my new ones, but they've served me well over the past couple of years.

PINKS/PURPLES:

YELLOWS/GREENS/BLUES:

Can't wait to create fresh new ones with more shades of each color and even better organization!

gracie90

So pretty!! I only have one for colours, and one for neutrals. I'd love to have palettes each filled with one colour - like a green palette, a purple palette etc :D

ChosenOne

So pretty!! I only have one for colours, and one for neutrals. I'd love to have palettes each filled with one colour - like a green palette, a purple palette etc :D
That's my ultimate goal, lol. For my new palettes, I'm starting with just the 5 I need to hold all the e/s I already have. So it'll probably be a new pinks/purples palette, a browns/bronzes one, a blues/yellows ones, a neutrals one (including white, black, golds, and silvers), and a green one (discovered I have 12 green e/s just in the regular pots...more if you count the other formulas). Hopefully by the end of the year I can do a separate palette for each color, but if MAC keeps coming out with great collections, I might not be able to afford it!

gracie90

Quote:
That's my ultimate goal, lol. For my new palettes, I'm starting with just the 5 I need to hold all the e/s I already have. So it'll probably be a new pinks/purples palette, a browns/bronzes one, a blues/yellows ones, a neutrals one (including white, black, golds, and silvers), and a green one (discovered I have 12 green e/s just in the regular pots...more if you count the other formulas). Hopefully by the end of the year I can do a separate palette for each color, but if MAC keeps coming out with great collections, I might not be able to afford it!
Those are great ideas! I'll admit that I get caught up in the LE madness so much that I often forget about all the great perm e/s that are always available :/
There are no collections that I want to haul from now until at least April, so I may pick up some perm stuff instead :)

ChosenOne

Those are great ideas! I'll admit that I get caught up in the LE madness so much that I often forget about all the great perm e/s that are always available :/ There are no collections that I want to haul from now until at least April, so I may pick up some perm stuff instead :)
Thanks! And same here on nothing I really want until April, but I'm trying to go on a no-buy until then! Except for a couple of things from the Sephora/Disney Jasmine collection in March
angelic.gif

pemily

the labels are on sticer paper, they blend in fine and match the black of the palette the flash just makes them look horrible

I also added a pic of my palettes above :)

ChosenOne

the labels are on sticer paper, they blend in fine and match the black of the palette the flash just makes them look horrible

I also added a pic of my palettes above :)
Awesome! I love seeing everyone's methods for labeling the new palettes.