MAC PRO Store Recommendations

Liya2007

Hello all,
I’m super duper excited to be going to the MAC Pro NY for the first time (first time ever in a MAC Pro store)
yahoo.gif

Before I go I would like to make a list of the things that I need to check or I will have heart palpitation then get totally lost.
th_dunno.gif

So I would love to hear what are your favorite things from MAC Pro, what are your musts and don’t miss stuff. I think what I’m most excited about is the eye shadows and pigments.
mac_haul.gif

mac_wishlist.gif
The only must things on my list for now are the mixing medium & the damp Qtips. Come on Specktra’s tempt me … and help MAC to
mac_atemywallet.gif

hello_kitty

Re: MAC PRO Store

Bio-Green is a nice pro e/s color, I really like it. I can't remember what else I got there when I went, it's been awhile.

The store can be tricky to find, just to warn you. My husband called them twice as we were standing in front of the building going "WTF?" Haha.

SassyMochaJess

Yea it is tricky to find. The one i went to was on the 2nd floor of a small bldg. But I only got a blush when i went its called rhurb. Really pretty pink color. Hope that helps

GlamQueen21

Electric Coral-Very pretty pigment! I love the color so much that you can use it as a blush.

Reflects Very Pink-Must have the pink glitter pigment! It's gorgeous!

I've never been to a MAC Pro store before but I've heard that they have hard-to-find shades that you'll never see on the regular line and I hope one day that I'll visit the MAC Pro store.

Ruby_Woo

Chromalines, Black Black pigment, Peachstock lipstick!(fave nude ever!)
Have fun!

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
Bio-Green is a nice pro e/s color, I really like it. I can't remember what else I got there when I went, it's been awhile.

The store can be tricky to find, just to warn you. My husband called them twice as we were standing in front of the building going "WTF?" Haha.

I’ve heard of Bio-Green, I have to check it out then and BTW I love greens. And thanks for the warning about the store it’s good to know before going to prepare the hubby
winks.gif

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMochaJess
Yea it is tricky to find. The one i went to was on the 2nd floor of a small bldg. But I only got a blush when i went its called rhurb. Really pretty pink color. Hope that helps

2nd floor of a small building!! Thanks for the tip I bet I would’ve gone round in circles until the hubby gives up!! Strange don’t they want walk-ins?!!

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Electric Coral-Very pretty pigment! I love the color so much that you can use it as a blush.

Reflects Very Pink-Must have the pink glitter pigment! It's gorgeous!

I've never been to a MAC Pro store before but I've heard that they have hard-to-find shades that you'll never see on the regular line and I hope one day that I'll visit the MAC Pro store.

Thanks for the recommendations. I hope you will go to a pro store soon.

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
Chromalines, Black Black pigment, Peachstock lipstick!(fave nude ever!)
Have fun!

Oh thanks you reminded me of the white Chromaline, I need a white base so i'm gonna check it out to decide between it and MUFE white flash color
th_dunno.gif

oracle1

231 Brush( My fav)
Soot & Sky Blue e/s's
The NYC Pro store allows you to get two free pigment samples !!!!!!!
yes.gif

**And, if you have e/s B2M empties they dont need to have the metal tin pan in the e/s when you turn them in. Beacuse so many make-up artists go there they dont follow the same rules as the regular stores
smiles.gif

hello_kitty

I've posted this before a long time ago, but to help, here's a picture of the building:

MACPRO.jpg

You have to get buzzed in, there's a panel and you press the MAC button. Then go in, elevator to second floor and there it is! Definitely strange, first time we completely failed at finding it, so the 2nd time I took a picture for future reference!
smiles.gif

oracle1

The building they were in before wasn't any better, lol You had to sign in and then walk up several flights of stairs. At least this one has an elevator
smiles.gif
The showroom at the new location is so much bigger than the previous one, I guess they just outgrew the space.

hello_kitty

Guess it definitely keeps just the browsers away who want to try on pretty lipsticks and not buy anything.
smiles.gif

The room is very nice, and I love the studio off to the side!

Liya2007

Thanks for all the info, this really is a big help. and the samples that is a cherry on top (or should i say two
smiles.gif

hello_kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liya2007
Thanks but I can't see the picture
ssad.gif

hmm... weird. sometimes if someone is at work, they can't see my pictures because i host them from a personal server, and those get blocked. hmmm

here's the direct link: http://heidi.f3h.com/MACPRO.jpg if maybe that helps.

ssad.gif
let me know if you can't still see it, and i can try uploading somewhere else

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
hmm... weird. sometimes if someone is at work, they can't see my pictures because i host them from a personal server, and those get blocked. hmmm

here's the direct link: http://heidi.f3h.com/MACPRO.jpg if maybe that helps.

ssad.gif
let me know if you can't still see it, and i can try uploading somewhere else

Oh sorry I thought I replied to your message!! Thanks now I can see it ... that was strange.

ohshnappp

Check out the metal pigments (Gold, Rose Gold, Platinum, Copper). They seriously look like powdered metal - unlike any metallic shadow you've seen.
Also, if you're interested, it's a chance to pick up a sculpting powder.

HustleRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liya2007
2nd floor of a small building!! Thanks for the tip I bet I would’ve gone round in circles until the hubby gives up!! Strange don’t they want walk-ins?!!

HAHAHA, this reminds me of the first time i went there. me and my friend stood out there in the rain confused as all hell. we kept looking at the address we had written down and the address on the building and was like "no way this is it???". after like fifteen minutes of standing there a girl walked out and looked at us and asked us what we were looking for and we told her and she was like oh it's on the second floor. we felt so dumb!!