mac pro?

HanBox20

I know this should be in teh so you want to be an MA section, BUT lol no one seems to read that so im posting here too,

Is applying to MAC Pro any different than a mac store or counter?

martygreene

Moved to the appropriate sub-forum.

I would call the location you are interested in applying to and inquire as to their requirements for employment. I am uncertain if it differs from standard MAC stores or not.

a_parting_gift

MAC Pro? As in macpro.com? Yes, it's very different.

Basically, what you do - download and fill out their application and then submit two articles to proof that you are in fact an industry professional. You don't WORK for MAC, but they help you to learn and grow as a pro.

Henna_Spirit

Is it possible to sign up for MAC Pro even if you don't have industry certificates? I have been a make-up artist for the alst 4 years and run my own company, would that count as being 'profesisonal' enough?

a_parting_gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna_Spirit
Is it possible to sign up for MAC Pro even if you don't have industry certificates? I have been a make-up artist for the alst 4 years and run my own company, would that count as being 'profesisonal' enough?

Yes. If you look at the MAC Pro website, it lists the different types of things you can send in. I'm sure if you own your own company, you more than qualify.

martygreene

I believe the OP is referring to applying for employment at a MAC PRO store.

Henna Spirit, and A Parting Gift, I believe you are referring to the MAC PRO membership. For more information on the MAC PRO membership programme, I suggest checking out the FAQ forum- there is an extensive thread there on the programme.

HanBox20

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_parting_gift
MAC Pro? As in macpro.com? Yes, it's very different.

Basically, what you do - download and fill out their application and then submit two articles to proof that you are in fact an industry professional. You don't WORK for MAC, but they help you to learn and grow as a pro.

oh, I ment applying to like, work there. not for the pro card, I already have one, but thanks.
smiles.gif

HanBox20

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
Moved to the appropriate sub-forum.

I would call the location you are interested in applying to and inquire as to their requirements for employment. I am uncertain if it differs from standard MAC stores or not.

thanks, i'll give them a call.
smiles.gif