MAC, prom & my husband.

xoleaxo

MAC was a madhouse today! i totally forgot that it's prom time for all the high schools, so fridays and saturdays make for worthless trips to MAC. i walked into the store & there were about 5 girls getting their makeup done (side note: why do all high school girls do the same prom hairdo? half up, half down with tight, hairspray soaked curls? ughh..). anyway, there was not ONE free MA.. i stood around swatching e/s and no one stopped to ask if i needed help, even though they came to pick up e/s from the stand. i was also disappointed because the e/s stand was missing ALLLL the e/s that i wanted to swatch.
ssad.gif

the real reason for this post: my husband! i guess i have been specktraing and talking about makeup way too much because as i was swatching e/s, he said "that's dull, maybe it will brighten up if you use a base under it?" LOL. after that he stopped and got that "wtf, did i just say that?" face. FUNNNNNYYY.

anybody else's husband/bf too influenced by us and our makeup?

purrtykitty

Too funny! My husband just gives me his uncensored opinion about how my makeup looks. Once I must've had what he considered too much eye stuff on, because he said I looked 'whore-ish'!! Other than that, he says I've got too much. "NEVARRRRRR", I say!

chocolategoddes

well, my brother only says things about makeup to mock me. Like,
"Oh you could really spruce up that eye look with some highlight in the innercorners." And I'm like,"FUUUCK YOU!"

xoleaxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
well, my brother only says things about makeup to mock me. Like,
"Oh you could really spruce up that eye look with some highlight in the innercorners." And I'm like,"FUUUCK YOU!"

that's so funny!

chocodcocoa

Your hubby is too cute!

My bf likes picking lip gloss and lipstick colours for me =) He's in love with nude lips like I am =)

xoleaxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocodcocoa
Your hubby is too cute!

My bf likes picking lip gloss and lipstick colours for me =) He's in love with nude lips like I am =)

cuuute! my husband was picking out all kinds of red lipsticks for me but i don't think red lips works for me at all! too bad for him.. ha ha.

macchristyy

im going to my prom and im not planning to do a half up and drench my curls in yucky hairspray
ssad.gif
hahah.

i have a friend whos a guy who thinks he can do makeup better than me.. whenever i complain my lipgloss/lipstick dissapears to fast he always says "tisk tisk shouuuulda worn that lipliner girlfriend!"

benzito_714

my husband and i went to mac and he insisted that i get electric eel e/s. i passed and that e/s was on my mind for an entire week. since i didn't get it i let him try and apply my eye makeup and it looked like i had a black/blue/purple bruised eye.
i am glad that he understands my love for make-up it makes it easy to explain when he catches me at 3 am trying a smokey eye.
cutey.gif

brownsuga lady

My husband knows that I have an obsession with makeup. He always compliments my looks and even noticed the bold lip/neutral eye or bold eye/neutral lip rule. He adds to my sickness by buying me MAC giftcards here and there for no special reason. I love he.
heart.gif

CantAffordMAC

wow that is sooooooo funny that he said that! At least he pays attention and knows his stuff.
winks.gif
Keep him around...
greengrin.gif

I've never been to MAC at prom time. I didn't go to MAC for my makeup, I actually did it myself. At my high school, the hairstyle was up. In curls. Booooooooring. I loved my hairstyle. lol

allan_willb

im so sorry that happened to you id go back on a slow day and let the mgr know.

and thats great news from your hubby

ud be suprised ive seen some men come up to the counter and pick out es with there wife or gf its fun

neeshie

I was packing for a conference and had difficulty choosing a dress for a black tie do I had.
My sister looked at my husband in amazement when he said I should take the blue dress cos I just bought an eyeshadow that matched it!!

Hilly

My man is always like, "nice blending dear" which is funny because he doesn't even know what blending is!

poconos15

I'm currently At-Home Domestic Project Manager (ahem...unemployed), but I still manage to put on a full face of mu everyday...when he gets home, he'll say, "Close your eyes" so he can take a look at what I've done all day. His rating system normally goes something like this:

Nice - That looks like you could wear that to work
OR
NICE - That looks like you wanna get some

The 2nd comment normally makes me wonder if I really stepped out of the house with my mu like that...

kaexbabey

hahah all of these posts are funny! my husband sometimes tells me when i went crazy with my blush or if my eyeshadow is too much. one time after he bought me my heatherette haul, he was mad at me because i went over my limit =X whenever i do that he goes on and on about "why do you even need that..blah blah".. and the next morning when he THOUGHT i was still sleeping i heard him say "ooh it is nice packaging.." and "mm smells good" .. he was talking about the lipstick smelling good lol.

Pnk85

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaexbabey
hahah all of these posts are funny! my husband sometimes tells me when i went crazy with my blush or if my eyeshadow is too much. one time after he bought me my heatherette haul, he was mad at me because i went over my limit =X whenever i do that he goes on and on about "why do you even need that..blah blah".. and the next morning when he THOUGHT i was still sleeping i heard him say "ooh it is nice packaging.." and "mm smells good" .. he was talking about the lipstick smelling good lol.

girlhaha.gif
th_roll1.gif
rofl.gif

I've seen mine look through my traincase when he thought I wasn't paying attention & when he buys me new makeup he will always ask me if I added it to my inventory list in excel......

panther27

Once in a while my man will come to the counter with me and he will look at the colors and comment sometimes.I think it's soooo cute!!When the chromeglasses came out he was like,I like this one,it's hot!Or sometimes he will sit on one of the stools.So funny!!

BlahWah

My husband has 3 general responses:

"That's sexy....!!" (Usually smokey or kohl-rimmed eyes)
"That's cute/homey." (Usually neutral looks)
"Augh!" (usually colourful looks, especially w/ teal, blue or purple)

lol, he doesn't usually say the last one unless I ask him, and that's my concise translation of his comments. He doesn't want to become too interested in my m/u because he thinks I'm already interested enough for the both of us! He's getting more okay with me asking about the looks I try out, tho. =P