Mac Promo Items Value?

Piaqua

I just began to want to collect these, but I am really lost as to their value... I'd like info on the values of posters, promo kits, postcards, anything really. Thanks so much
smiles.gif

FlaLadyB

the value is really in the eye of the beholder. I collect so these items are something I want. Others...well, they could care less and think they are worth nothing. If you are beginning to collect let me warn you.....it is an expensive undertaking. ha...I should know!! I spent over $400 not too long ago for 18 postcards. Rare ones, granted, but you have to be in that mind set if you are REALLY going to collect

I add duplicates of cards as inexpensively as I can from those who would otherwise throw them away. I use them as swaps or to sell so I can get more of the cards I want. Money- Paypal comes in to view quite often.

I don't collect posters only because I have no where to put them. Promos- always.

Remember one thing..once they are out and then MAC goes to the next collection- that is the last you will see of anything.

If there are any other questions I can help you with, just ask.
smiles.gif

[email protected]

midnightlouise

Like FlaLadyB said, it's really how much someone will be willing to pay, but you could always check the market value on ebay (although I think ebay is kind of a microcosm for inflation lol!) and of course the ladies on here should have lots of ideas for you!

mspixieears

Definitely second what the ladies above have said (of course, it ain't fun till I get to add my two cents...).

I feel, though others may not agree, that one can also be as 'rigid' with the price of something depending upon the condition an item is in. So, I'd be more likely to pay a buttload for something in impeccable condition, and would offer to sell something in that condition for a price that would mean it's not so open to price offers.

But if something is in not so good condition, my 'strictness' if you like, decreases as the condition does, as do my expectations of what I could get for, say a postcard that's beat up and in wide circulation/availability. Mind you, if it's rare enough and beat-up as hell, I'm still probably stupid - uh, I mean dedicated! - enough to pay a decent wad of dough.