MAC quads?

Mechta

At my mac counter here in the UK they have started to sell quads, I was going to by 2 eyeshadows and a paintpot but i thought maybe it would be better to buy a quad - but how much exactly are the quads?
Also what colours should i get? the two i was going to buy were Patina and Satin Taupe, what other two colours would go nicely with these? (I have NC15 pale skin right now ... no tan :( )
thanks for your help :)

LMD84

well you buy the empty quad for about a fiver and then you buy the shadows in the pans rather than the pots. the shadows are about £2 cheaper in pan i think. generally you don't save any more after you have bought the quad. but i like them because it is easy to organise and to take out with you. carbon and dazzlelight would also be good shadows to get!

Mechta

dazelight is pretty but idk about carbon i think maybe a darker brown would be better uggh is there a page for e/s swatches?

LMD84

dazelight is pretty but idk about carbon i think maybe a darker brown would be better uggh is there a page for e/s swatches?
yup you can go to the swatch section of the forum to see swatches of shadows and stuff. and carbon goes very well with satin taupe. although it is black it blends out very easily which just makes the colour fade loads. but if you want a dark brown maybe try brun shadow