MAC Retro Matte collection (September 12, 2013)

MissTT

I'm NC15 and I use Coffee Walnut too BUT it might actually wind up working well even on very dark skin because it's so green. That olive green in it will interact in a very shadowy way - not so much by adding extra darkness but by darkening and dirtying what's already there. If you have an MA test it out on you along with Richly Honed, you can see which one will work better, especially if you were concerned RH was going to lean too orange (a lot of those contour creams did). I've seen Coffee Walnut on a gal who had to be NW50 and you could definitely see it in action - it was subtle, but hell, that's what you want in a contour nine times out of ten anyways. It's worth experimenting!
I'm not near a Pro store so I can't try them in person unfortunately. Thanks for your CW comments. I'm sure I'd be much more compelled to work a subtle contour rather than a high contrast one. It's just more realistic for my lifestyle. Maybe this Fall I head to Chicago to try them in person.

Quote: Originally Posted by stacekang

OK so I saw this pic of Runway Hit on Instagram on this beautifulllllllll woman and just have to share it since I haven't seen many photos on here of this lipstick on darker skin tones.

I think everybody should jump on the Runway Hit train!
This settles it. I'm getting this shade. Although I wonder if I'll like it in the Retro Matte formula? It may look too flat on me. I don't know...

MACina

Here's Flat Out Fabulous on me : (you can read my review on my blog too if you want, link is in my signature)

I don't like it, it's a pretty colour but it's not my style.

I think that it looks stunning on you, PrettyKitty
love.gif

liba

Thanks for your suggestion.

I'm not near a Pro store so I can't try them in person unfortunately. Thanks for your CW comments. I'm sure I'd be much more compelled to work a subtle contour rather than a high contrast one. It's just more realistic for my lifestyle. Maybe this Fall I head to Chicago to try them in person.

This settles it. I'm getting this shade. Although I wonder if I'll like it in the Retro Matte formula? It may look too flat on me. I don't know...
Don't worry about Runway Hit looking flat because it's matte - the color is very rich and multi-dimensional. That's the great thing about this whole collection - all the colors are very vibrant and complex looking, which compliments the texture really well. I can't wait till tomorrow to go pick up my own tube!

Good luck on finding a contour that works for you…it's a huge PITA until you find something that clicks, and then there's still getting the placement just right. When it works, though, it WORKS.

elegant-one

pompom.gif
Just got High Energy
pompom.gif

lol.gif
Its freakin Gorgeous on! Thanks for enabling me peeps!
It's a slight orange red coral. It reminds a lot of one of my all time favorite lipsticks - Chanel's Enthusiast. LOVE

elegant-one

Here's Flat Out Fabulous on me : (you can read my review on my blog too if you want, link is in my signature)

I don't like it, it's a pretty colour but it's not my style.
Oh PK...let's go sit on my loveseat & chat about this shade on you ...............................
bangin.gif

lol.gif
th_kiss.gif
You look FABULOUS in this shade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To get a softer look, I gently use the side of the pencil & lightly kinda brush it on instead of using the tip & getting full on bam color. I love these shades both ways though

MissTT

Quote: Originally Posted by liba
Don't worry about Runway Hit looking flat because it's matte - the color is very rich and multi-dimensional. That's the great thing about this whole collection - all the colors are very vibrant and complex looking, which compliments the texture really well. I can't wait till tomorrow to go pick up my own tube!

Good luck on finding a contour that works for you…it's a huge PITA until you find something that clicks, and then there's still getting the placement just right. When it works, though, it WORKS.

You're making RH sound divine. Did we find out if it is truly LE? I'm trying not to spend for the rest of the month, but I need to contact my Nordstrom SA pronto if I've only got one shot at this lipstick.

Princesa Livia

I've just reviewed a couple of products on my site! I'm in love with Trust In Red - such a beautiful red colour! :)

Runway Hit coming up shortly - that's a beauty too! :) xx

Prettypackages

Thanks for your suggestion.

THis or I can pick it up for you.