MAC Retro Matte collection (September 12, 2013)

erine1881

Ok beauty fellow beauty fans: someone posted that they saw the color swatches...... where oh where did you find these swatches? Can you please post a link for us? :flower: Thank you!
Agreed! Who ever saw the swatches please post it here for us all 
heart.gif
I think Erine saw the color swatches, but I'm pretty sure they are from her MAC source and not a website.
Where did you see the pictures or list of whats going to be in the collection.
Yes, i have the info.
Not sure if there are any of the original colours coming back, but here's a list of the shades that came out with the original collection: http://www.sokissandmakeup.com/mac-cosmetics-retromatte-lipstick/ It wouldn't surprise me if they brought back Moxie, since it was part of the "By Request" collection last year. As for the other colours... I remember ages ago hearing that they were thinking about bringing back Bronx. Not that any of this matters to me. My office is so dry that I couldn't possibly wear this formula. :cry:
Thank you for this, because this helps me with the RiRi collection, as TTT's WN is Verushka version 2!
OMG!!!!!!!!!! I'm excited! I wonder if Moxie will be repromoted again since it was apart of the original retro matte collection back in '99. Either way, this new deserves a happy dance break!:pompom: :yahoo: :nanas:
If moxie is in this collection then I must get it! I missed the By Request collection in general. I had no idea what I was doing. But man, a nude retro matte...if Mac does it well I will need backup.
I think my lipstick dreams just came true. I hope Moxie is including too, I NEED it!
I'm a newbie MAC lover since December, but I've fallen in love with Moxie when I saw it on Nikkietutorials... so if this collection has Moxie I NEED it. Quite really.
Moxie is NOT in this collection, based on my info.
I'm going to keep asking, but what does Mid mean? 
Medium, middle.

VampyCouture

I agree. I dont think nudes in the retro matte formula is going to be woc-friendly, but we'll see.

I'm interested in checking out:
dark coral
deep plum
orange
mid pink coral
you'd be surprised!

Matte nude lipstick is definitely a trend that takes some getting used to, on top of just finding the right nude that's flattering for your skin tone, but when it works, it works great and totally doesn't matter if you have a deep skin tone - heck, it's a look I think often looks BETTER on darker skin tones because it accentuates the lips, rather than just makes the lips blend in and disappear into your skin!

It's a new fashion now, but it's pretty retro. Check out photos of 60's and 70's makeup to get ideas about how to make it work with the right cheek and eye looks, hairstyles, etc.

Go check out the Apres Chic thread too - there were some awesome matte nudes in that collection that a lot of our deeper skinned lassies loved and posted plenty of full face photos of.
Thanks Liba!! I will give them a shot :)

tiger lily

I want to say I will skip this one because I really don't like the retro matte formula but I end up buying anyway because the colors get me every.time.

iATEaSEAmonster

I'm looking forward to finding a matte neutral that actually works for my skintone. Then again, that'll probably change since I tan rather easily (even with sunscreen), so who knows what my skin will look like then.

erine1881

Ok I still don't get it in reference to color...  not veruy dark or bright? not very pale or deep?  what is TTT's WN? 
If you look at some greens, juxt is light green. Swimming is mid-tone green, humid is dark green.
I'm looking forward to finding a matte neutral that actually works for my skintone. Then again, that'll probably change since I tan rather easily (even with sunscreen), so who knows what my skin will look like then.
Well, since sunscreen doesn't prevent tanning, you will change colour. But none of the colours in this collection are neutral, so you won't have luck with this one :(

erine1881

thanks for the reference. I didn't think sunscreen prevented tanning, someone mentioned it on fb and I was like HUH?  Plus I tan as soon as the Sun comes out regardless of how much sunscreen I have.  It was 80* for a couple of days here and I've already changed ot the point that my foundations are off.  It does sound beautiful this collex is going to be awesome. 
I can't tell you how many customers, when i asked em if they get darker in the summer, would reply "i do, even tho i use sunscreen" or "i don't tan my face cuz i use sunscreen". :blink: