MAC Sharpener = Weapon Of Mass Destruction

miss_bailey

The MAC sharpner (the smallest one) kills my mac pencisl! Has anyone else had this problem or is it just the way I sharpen?, it is breaking and splintering the pencils in a way I've never seen before or experienced with any other sharpener.

sambibabe

Grr, sounds like a major PIA! I was reading this make up book and the author/MUA suggested to put pencils in the freezer before sharpening them. I have been doing this for Clinique Happy solid perfume pencils and it helped. Back to your problem.. I haven't had any problem with my sharpener, but it is new. If it is breaking your penciles, then you need to change the blade or sharpen it a bit?

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
I only got it on Christmas! It is breaking the actual wood making it all jagged. I cant work it out!

Damn is it new? Did you try to tighten the screw?

lukinamama

It is really strange.I have to use Mac sharpener in order to have my pencils sharpened in proper way.If I use any other sharpener it is breaking my pencil.

Shoegal-fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukinamama
It is really strange.I have to use Mac sharpener in order to have my pencils sharpened in proper way.If I use any other sharpener it is breaking my pencil.

Weird! It is the only one that works fine for me too!

jaclynashley

Are you applying alot of of pressure and pushing it all the way in?
This has never happened with my MAC sharpeners but with cheap drugstore sharpeners.
I would definately take it to a MAC store to get it checked out.

panda0410

I dont use MAC sharpeners.... my last one ate my pencils too!! Now I have a Clinique and a NARS sharpener - I LOVE my NARS sharpener!! I use the NARS sharpener preferentially but neither have ever chewed a single pencil
winks.gif

M.A.C. head.

I bought the MAC sharpener a few months ago and haven't used it since. The same thing was happening to my pencils. So I went right back to using my drugstore ones, and I haven't had a problem. It sucks, the MAC one is so cute, with the little cleaner thingy and all LOL

ohnna-lee

I would take it back to the store and see if you can get an exchange, It is defective. And I am not usually the one to say take it back, but every once in a blue moon QC slips.

AdlersMommy22

mine does the same thing with my pearlglide liners, it makes me so sad..
ssad.gif
esp since its only a like.. $4 sharpener... its so cute!
smiles.gif

.... i dont know what works either but i had a feeling when i read the topic of this thread that you were having the same problem as me... grrr...

MrsMay

I dont have a mac sharpener (yet) however I use my Chanel sharpener (came with the lipliner) on my pearlglide pencils without any problems...

spectrolite

I have the baby Mac sharpener and I think it's the best >_< I have never had a problem with it. I use it with my Kohl Powers and lip pencils with no dramas.

Sanayhs

I've got both sizes of MAC sharpeners and have never had issues sharpening any kind of pencil, be it MAC pearglide, UD 24/7, MUFE Aqua Eyes...

miss_bailey

I wouldnt mind if it was rounded but the minute I put my pencil in and turn at all I hear is crunch.
I think its back to the Dior one that came free with the eyeliner for me which is a shame the MAC one is so handy.

Latest posts