MAC shipping screw up...

OnaFyre

Just had to share....

So, I ordered all three MSFs and 2 of the Mineralize e/s (the green one and the Burning ambition one) probably within an hour or two of the stuff going online. I paid $5 for 2 day shipping. They attempted to deliver the stuff yesterday, but no one was home. I then decided I really wanted it so I went to the FedEx hub in town and picked up the package after work. I thought the box was a little small, and heard the stuff rattling around in there and started to worry because the Mineralize stuff is easily broken. I opened it up, got excited about the little packing slip and started moving the packing paper.

Imagine my dismay when I pulled out:
1 Sinnamon Lusterglass
1 Oh Baby Lip Glass
1 Turquatic Eyeshadow
1 Lithograph Fluidline

WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!

Oh my god was I pissed... I was HOT! So, I called the 800 number and told them the situation. I was very calm and didn't get really bitchy, but I was sure to convey my frustration and disappointment. The lady thought that my order and someone else must have gotten mixed up (even though someone checks each one and initials the Packing slip by hand....). We were both glad that there were still MSFs to send me.

So, MAC is sending me my correct order overnight, refunding my shipping, and I get to keep the mistakenly sent items! I'll never use the e/s, but the other stuff I will, so score for me. And score for the lucky person who got my order! So, if anyone is looking for the order above (I would really think its someone from this site or otherwise mac obsessed to get an order of Lithograph 2nd day shipping) and got mine, then BONANZA for you and I hope you call and get your stuff too.

cathythi

oh wow.. thats great they were nice and are gonna fix it..:jump: i wouldve been soo upset.. i get my package today, shipped 2 day also.. im hoping they dont mess my order up and that the msf arent broken..

alurabella

WOW! I would be so angry... I mean, until I found out I got to keep the stuff... hehe
smiles.gif

princess

MAC really has some of the best customer service around, they let you keep the stuff they sent wrongly? Good for you!
smiles.gif

Doesn't apply for my part of the world sadly. Heh.

Sanne

It really suck when you get the wrong package, but damn MAC sure is genorous (sp?) when you comes to making up for the mistakes! lucky you (now)

OnaFyre

Ya, at this point, I'm just hoping that my original order doesn't all broken up in transit. After going thru all this, I'm not looking forwar to a bunch of broken products that I have to ship back. So, I'm just going to keep positive and assume things will be fine... and it doesn't matter anyway because I'm going to my counter this afternoon to get all the stuff I really want and the shipped stuff can be backups.
lol.gif

cathythi

I got my package and thankfully nothing was broken, but the box did look like the fedex guy was playing football with it. Also I had to go to fedex to get it because I didnt hear them ring the bell, the note they left said the items were 'dangerous goods'. I had a good laugh, yes a dangerously expensive $400 package.
th_e2cloud9.gif

Wontpayretail23

Glad they let you keep it and were able to track down the items you did want. Honestly they could have sent you a pre-paid label and had you send it all back but policy is they'd have to trash it anyways. So great ending to the story! Thanks for posting this.

lola336

thats awesome..lucky you that you get to keep the stash! MAC sent me a broken SF once and they sent me another for free. they are very generous when it comes to that. I <3 MAC. and since u dont like the eyeshadow..u can even sell it...hmm..like to me..hahah....but seriously. if u dont think ur going to want it..let me know..i would love to take it off your hands!
smiles.gif

Life In Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathythi
I got my package and thankfully nothing was broken, but the box did look like the fedex guy was playing football with it. Also I had to go to fedex to get it because I didnt hear them ring the bell, the note they left said the items were 'dangerous goods'. I had a good laugh, yes a dangerously expensive $400 package.
th_e2cloud9.gif

Wow $400, goodness!
icon_eek.gif

Latest posts