MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

Mac-Guy

I so wish I was invited to an event. Those of you who have invites- enjoy :)

Call your local MAC and ask about the event - or better, go there directly. They might be happy to put you on the list, especially if you are a loyal customer that buys most products in store. Have fun.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I would think they would, I was planning on calling them. Will update as soon as I know!! Oh and (from experience) if you plan on doing a big mac haul there ( and if you do fuelperks at giant eagle) buy a macy's gift card before going so you can get discount/free gas from MAC
cheerleader.gif

I never thought of that! Thanks for the awesome tip!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Well, out of my own stash:

• Call Me Bubbles: Light tan (Satin) = Chanel Beige Lame
  • Fresh Daily: Orange (Frost) = Chanel Tiger Lily, UD Jones, orange in NARS Cheyenne duo
  • Brash: Frosty reddish copper (Veluxe Pearl) (Repromote) = Aztec Brick
  • Full of Flavour: Coral (Matte) = any matte coral blush IMO, I don't wear coral on my eyes.

Not exact dupes of course, but close enough to what I already have to warrant not picking up the quad. One of my plans for 2012 (and for my stash in general) is to not buy a new shade of anything if it's even remotely similar to what I already have. It'll be interesting to see what I use up this way.
angelic.gif
Hm... I have Beige Lame and plan on picking up Tiger Lily when the Chanel collection launches here. And I have a good coral from Inglot. And I have Brash from it's previous release... So maybe I don't need this particular quad. I am tempted by all three, though...

Also, thought this might be useful to some people:

l to r :: Aztec brick, Brash, Coppering, Mythical

I find theses look a little more pink/ red in person than in the picture, but it at least gives an idea of how they compare one to the other. Brash basically falls between AB and Coppering in terms of colour.

HebrideanSprite

Hey Romi, Flaunting It is my fav. of the Kissable Lipcolours that I own, here is the blog post I did on it http://hebrideanspritebeauty.blogspot.com/2012/01/flaunting-it-kissable-lip-color-swatch.html
and one of the three swatch pictures :D I'm about NC10 with medium pigmented lips

Mac-Guy

It's probably a question of wanting all the colors in one quad or if you would be happy to pick and choose the e/s from your existing stash. If any of the e/s are calling your name, I'd say go for it.

Hm... I have Beige Lame and plan on picking up Tiger Lily when the Chanel collection launches here. And I have a good coral from Inglot. And I have Brash from it's previous release... So maybe I don't need this particular quad. I am tempted by all three, though...
Also, thought this might be useful to some people:

l to r :: Aztec brick, Brash, Coppering, Mythical

I find theses look a little more pink/ red in person than in the picture, but it at least gives an idea of how they compare one to the other. Brash basically falls between AB and Coppering in terms of colour.

EmbalmerBabe

I wonder why MAC quit sending promo material out? I have not received anything in a while and I buy a TON of product. I would love a promo mailer for this collec. Also very excited to see the 2012 summer collec!

LMD84

I wonder why MAC quit sending promo material out? I have not received anything in a while and I buy a TON of product. I would love a promo mailer for this collec. Also very excited to see the 2012 summer collec!

i think it is all done at random to be honest. i have bought so much for many years now and think i have only ever been posted out one or two cards and such

QueenOfSnark

Nice swatches katred! They're definitely helpful. :3 Going to stay strong and ignore the quads, but I'm wishing MAC would release (and make perm!) more single colors. If these quads were split into individual pots I'd definitely buy a bunch more.

Thia Winter

I plan on picking up a few things from this collection. I want to see the tendertones irl before I decide...I'm probably passing on the quads, but I didn't get any kissable lipcolors before so I'm planning on a few of them, as well as at least one of the fluidlines. The majority of my Feb. money will probably go to the Vera collection though.

SweetJoy

i think it is all done at random to be honest. i have bought so much for many years now and think i have only ever been posted out one or two cards and such

I used to get a TON of promos, and so did my roommate, and now that I've moved it just...stopped. I gave them my new address and everything. I really wish they would start sending again because sometimes I'm not into the products of a certain collection but I like the theme or the promo pictures (ex: Glitter & Ice). I really hope I end up getting one for this collection!

StyleBlack

I'm pretty sure there's a promo card for this collection that will be mailed out. I've seen some kind of fold over card thing with all the products; I assumed that is what gets mailed out (?).

martiangurll

Nice swatches katred! They're definitely helpful. :3 Going to stay strong and ignore the quads, but I'm wishing MAC would release (and make perm!) more single colors. If these quads were split into individual pots I'd definitely buy a bunch more.
I wish they were. I am just not crazy about the quad groupings at times. there is always at least one color I won't use or is a dupe for something I have. The great thing about teh quads is they rarely sell out, so if you do a pass, you can go back for one. I think I got Lady Justice about 3 months after WW came out with the early blogger reviews saying it was all chalky and such. And, I think it is STILL in the goodbyes section LOL.

We still don't have any swatches???
eeksign.gif
wtff.gif

This is getting a bit down to the wire.

All this talk of Tendertones is getting me titillated. I still have one that has flavor left in it, I found in a purse I recycled the other day. I was impressed. It was still juicy too. I am thinking of skipping the quads and the bright lippies and getting all of the TT + BU of each. And this time I am getting BU of the Kissables as well. I can't believe those are selling for > 35$ some places. Wow.

Mac-Guy

I don't mind dupes in quads as it is inevitable that a quad will have a highlighter and/or darker crease color. However, I'm not too happy about repromotes in quads, but I appreciate to have a set of colors for traveling. I could certainly arrange my own quads, but I also love the names - at least most of the time.

I agree that the quads tend to stay longer, but that's probably due to bad reviews (which IMO is a very subjective point), but I blame more the large collection that makes people more aware of the costs of MAC. It's easy to spend 15 bucks on an e/s, but if one has to pay close to 40 dollars, it requires some re-evaluation. I still think that the quads are a good deal as you get four colors. From this collection, I plan to get two quads.
flower.gif

We still don't have any swatches???
eeksign.gif
wtff.gif

This is getting a bit down to the wire.

All this talk of Tendertones is getting me titillated. I still have one that has flavor left in it, I found in a purse I recycled the other day. I was impressed. It was still juicy too. I am thinking of skipping the quads and the bright lippies and getting all of the TT + BU of each. And this time I am getting BU of the Kissables as well. I can't believe those are selling for > 35$ some places. Wow.