MAC Snowball / Snow Ball collection (Holiday 2017)

Mac-Guy

No clue, this collection has been a total mess. First them letting Trendthief and her little friends buy out most of the collection before it was even released, most stores not even getting all of the items, certain items not getting released at all, people having to search around to figure out what item was released on what site. But there sure is plenty of stock on EBay. Honestly they should just do a complete rerelease of all items, and put everything on MAC's site.

These stacked releases are always messy. I can see why they do it in several parts as there are so many items. But it just makes the release more confusing, especially when items are missing.

kaira

Macy still has the whisper of gilt kit. There is also a $10 off $50 beauty purchase promotion ending tonight.

PrettyTwisted

So we were shopping around in Macy's & hubs bought me the pink 3pc brush set because he thought it looked girly & he knows I love pink:cloud9::heart:. The brushes are really really thick & very soft

Yes! I’m very happy with the mini brushes, I would love a short handle 242 lol

mac_aiken

Usually we are still very excited by the holiday release and the thread is pretty active. Things seem to have died down quickly and the thread is so quiet. Did everyone get what they wanted or are people pissed and over it with MAC? Just curious.

Mac-Guy

Usually we are still very excited by the holiday release and the thread is pretty active. Things seem to have died down quickly and the thread is so quiet. Did everyone get what they wanted or are people pissed and over it with MAC? Just curious.
I would say that this thread has been pretty active in comparison to other recent collection. It is as good as it gets these days. I don't think it has to do with MAC per se, rather the forum in general has been very quiet.

style-addict

Just speaking for myself here- yes, definitely pissed! I saw the trendmood thing the night before the actual release- I didn't thnk much of it. Surely MAC wouldn't put up all the eyeshadows the night before the official release. By the time I got to work the next day and it launched, the shadows were gone. I got Whisper of Guilt (for a friend, I'm not too interested in it).
All I wanted were the eyeshadows. And I'm assuming we wont get a restock.
This collection launch has been a HOT MESS!

leonah

got all the eyeshadows today in the mail while I was at store and picked up a backup of stylishly merry and also the lippies elle belle and rouge en snow finally :) might pick up WOG later if I have a discount because it's pretty expensive here and the size of WOG is smaller than the regular lineup of ED highlighters, 7.5 vs 9 grams of product. will probably pick up the pink lip bag too later if it's still around

GreenEyedAllie

got all the eyeshadows today in the mail while I was at store and picked up a backup of stylishly merry and also the lippies elle belle and rouge en snow finally :) might pick up WOG later if I have a discount because it's pretty expensive here and the size of WOG is smaller than the regular lineup of ED highlighters, 7.5 vs 9 grams of product. will probably pick up the pink lip bag too later if it's still around
Wish I could grab a backup of SM! It really is special!

elegant-one

I would say that this thread has been pretty active in comparison to other recent collection. It is as good as it gets these days. I don't think it has to do with MAC per se, rather the forum in general has been very quiet.

Well, I'm never quiet! :marchmellow::rofl:

leonah

Wish I could grab a backup of SM! It really is special!

aaww I wish I could get one more for you! I literally grabbed it here the second it launched in store today :rolleyes: yes it's so pretty and love the strong duochrome effect. wish they made more shadows like this!

Miss Dynamite

Just speaking for myself here- yes, definitely pissed! I saw the trendmood thing the night before the actual release- I didn't thnk much of it. Surely MAC wouldn't put up all the eyeshadows the night before the official release. By the time I got to work the next day and it launched, the shadows were gone. I got Whisper of Guilt (for a friend, I'm not too interested in it).
All I wanted were the eyeshadows. And I'm assuming we wont get a restock.
This collection launch has been a HOT MESS!

Yeah, I saw it too and I didn't worry because I figured if anybody did order, MAC would cancel those orders because the collection wasn't even released yet and couldn't be found anywhere on the website without that link. Plus I had no money on my card yet because the car decided it didn't wanna run. They were all sold out by the time I got the email that the collection was released.

PrettyTwisted

Just wanted to mention I have asked MAC on IG if they were restocking items and they always say “no plans to restock” and then they go ahead and restock. So it might well be the case with this collection, hth

VAL4M

This weekend I finally got my hand on the lipstick i'm glistening at a MAC pro store in my city. they had only 2 eyeshadows single left the white(ish) and the black, I asked the SA what's going to happened with the event if they had no more stuck to sell? she said they asked to the head office for more product to sell at the event only but still didn't received any confirmation to their request. I just rolled my eyes and left. I hope for them that the Holiday event won't be held because i'm sure those expecting to buy something from that collection will be frustrated to not being able to buy anything .

Haven

I think that the overall enthusiasm with Mac has been on a steady decline.

Collections/products haven’t been moving like they used to. The focus of Mac seems to be less on the quality and uniqueness of the products.

When products were popular and collections would sell out fast, Mac would screw with its customer base. Loyal Mac fans would have to resort to sites like eBay to get more popular products. That turned a lot of customers off as well. I stopped buying a lot of Mac for this reason.

Now with this collection finally there are products that Mac fans are excited to get, and Mac is screwing with its customers yet again.

Also there is a lot of competition from brands who cater to their customer base. Brands whose perk programs actually mean something.

aradhana

i missed pretty much everything. but to be honest i'm not that upset. i have an appointment for an event at my local hudson's bay in a couple of weeks - hoping they will restock a few things for that, but it's not the end of the world if not.

this collection seems very pretty but at the same time, i have so much makeup in my collection, i think it's hard to find much of anything without a reasonably close dupe...

i use to feel like mac didn't send me enough updates by email -- now i just wish they would leave me alone. they email at least everyday, about a collection which is basically not in stock. i do not understand the point. if these emails are automatic, they need to turn them off!

lipstickaddict

This weekend I finally got my hand on the lipstick i'm glistening at a MAC pro store in my city. they had only 2 eyeshadows single left the white(ish) and the black, I asked the SA what's going to happened with the event if they had no more stuck to sell? she said they asked to the head office for more product to sell at the event only but still didn't received any confirmation to their request. I just rolled my eyes and left. I hope for them that the Holiday event won't be held because i'm sure those expecting to buy something from that collection will be frustrated to not being able to buy anything .

It's ridiculous isn't it?! You look absolutely beautiful in your new profile pic. :heart:

Latest posts