MAC Solar Bits= Lorac Glam Rocks

EmbalmerBabe

I dont know if this is the correct place for this post,
just posting in case any one cares to read.
I just purchased Lorac Glam Rocks in the copper color,
they also have a golden color and white type color.
They are all highly metallic and remind me of the new MAC
Solar Bits. I saw the swatches in the swatch forum here and
my coppper Glam Rocks looks EXACTLY the same.
Glam Rocks even comes out in little bits.
The Glam Rocks is a great product by the way.
I am still excited to get Black Ore. Just a trivial factoid here
about these products.

aziajs

I mentioned this in the Neo Sci Fi thread. I have the Glam Rocks but I think that the solar bits are different. Just from the description they seem moist and easily spreadable. The Glam Rocks are dry and are a little bit more difficult to spread. I also think that the Glam Rocks are a little flaky and this seems to be very smooth.

EmbalmerBabe

They are moist? That is interesting, I am def.getting Black Ore, it looks great on the model in the pic. The other colors I think I could live with out,I have so many just like it. Bronzes you know, I've got a million. I can't wait to see these though, the containers look huge like the lip conditioner!One Solar Bits should last a lifetime! Or longer!

MAC_Whore

Aside from the Solar Bits thing, I was noticing how my LORAC Glam Rocks in Metallic Pearl sound like they would be a great dupe for Solar White in the upcoming Cool Heat collection. I have never seen Solar White, but the descriptions sounds spot on to Metallic Pearl. Metallic Pearl is a fairly close dupe for White Wheat as well.

I don't have an issue with the chunkiness of Glam Rocks. I just tap a bit out into the lid and push my (clean) brush into it to blend the formula into a smooth consistency. Then I apply it.

HOTasFCUK

I think if they have that "moist" feeling to them, its going to be really great to smudge them together or blend them in really nicely! Can't wait!!

aziajs

Ok...so I FINALLY made my way to the MAC store to check out the Solar Bits. I have to eat my words. They are exactly like Lorac Glam Rocks. It would be a novel concept if Lorac hadn't already done it. I didn't find them to be moist at all actually and that surprised me considering everything I have heard. So, if you have Glam Rocks I really think you can pass on the Solar Bits. The plus side is that the Glam Rocks are a permanent product. But, they only come in Gold, Copper, and Pearl whereas MAC has 4 color choices and they are a bit different.

iluffyew769769

I haven't seen them yet, but they should be here Tuesday. I'm excited. I will have to get some glam rocks too just to see for myself!

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbalmerBabe
They are moist? That is interesting, I am def.getting Black Ore, it looks great on the model in the pic. The other colors I think I could live with out,I have so many just like it. Bronzes you know, I've got a million. I can't wait to see these though, the containers look huge like the lip conditioner!One Solar Bits should last a lifetime! Or longer!

I really like this one. I played with all of them and this one is my favorite. On my skin it looks like someone plugged Buried Treasure into an electrical outlet and then melted it. It's also seems to be the least chunky. I may need to play around with them more.

BunnyBunnyBunny

The Solar Bits feel "moist" and "creamy" because they contain silica as a main ingredient which really helps them adhere to skin oils and helps them blend. The bad side of this is that some people are in fact allergic to silica. These would definitely not be recommended for any use on the face for those that may have a reaction.

Relating to the topic, I have been noticing MAC taking ideas and sort of ripping off other brands's items this year. =(

Edit: and also, someone mentioned that they disagreed with the "moist" and "creamy" adjectives. The reason you guys may be feeling a "dry" product as opposed to the "creaminess" is because it is relative. Solar Bits are creamy when compared to textures of Pigments, or other brands' loose pigments. It's just relatively creamy than other dry loose powders.

Latest posts