MAC- Spring Color Forecast Discussion

Susanne

There are news about the new color collection for February 2010 (March internationally)! These prices are in Euros.

On March 6 2010 another collection will be launched – Spring Color Forecast – containing new great products such as 2 Eyeshadow Quad, 2 new perfumes, new blushes, the Blush Ombre’s.

Here are the details:
Color 1
  • Eyeshadow: Rosy Outlook, Very Violet, Lala, Da Bling SRP € 15
  • Lipstick: Phlox, Bubblegum, Laugh A Lot, Pink Burst € 17.50 SRP
  • Lipglass: Hush Hush Rose, Electric Fushia, Culture Clash SRP € 17
  • Blush Ombre: Rose Azalea SRP € 22
  • Nail Lacquer: Galor Pink SRP: € 11.75
  • Fragrance: Pink Aura SRP: € 26
Color 2
  • Eyeshadow: Hot Hot Hot, Star Harvest, Nano Gold, Perky SRP € 15
  • Metal Pigment crush: Stacked 2 SRP € 28
  • Plush Lash Mascara: Plushblack SRP: € 15
  • Lipstick: Color Me Coral, Fresh Salmon, Victorian, Rose Maiden SRP € 17.50
  • Blush Ombre: Ripe Peach SRP € 22
  • Nail Lacquer: Malibu Peach SRP: € 11.75
  • Fragrance: MV2 creations SRP € 26
Color 3
  • Eyeshadow Quad: 3 Color SRP € 37
  • Lipstick: Radiccio, Deep Berry SRP 17.50
  • Lipglass: Wind Lavender, Purple Rage SRP € 17
  • Blush Ombre: Vintage Grape SRP € 22
  • Nail Lacquer: Imperial Spendor SRP: € 11.75
4 Color
  • Eyeshadow Quad: 4 Color SRP € 37
  • Lipglass: Wind Lavender, Purple Rage SRP € 17
  • Lipstick: Country Beige, Almondine SRP € 17.50
  • Blush Ombre: Spring Shine SRP € 22
  • Nail Lacquer: Imperial Splendor SRP: € 11.75
Source: Preview on the MAC 2010 Spring Collections – New info, prices and launching dates | Chic Profile

Sounds exciting! What do you think?

Janice

converting this into a discussion thread since we only have prelim information as this appears to be a VERY large collection.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmakeup
Am I allowed to start a thread for this collection in the swatch forum or does a mod have to?

I believe that you can start one and then a mod will modifiy it with the guidelines if they need to.
smiles.gif
Can't wait to see swatches!!

Susanne

I am a bit disappointed that there won't be a real Barbie / Fafi / Hello Kitty follower collection next year, but this collection seems to be very promising as well.

iheartmakeup

when I think about it I only have a few e/s and beauty powders from barbie, blushes and maybe 2 lipsticks from fafi and only 1 blush and 1 lipstick from HK. There wasn't a heap I was interested in or what I had I swapped away.

the spring forecast collection is way better and is more about the product than the other collections IMO.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I am a bit disappointed that there won't be a real Barbie / Fafi / Hello Kitty follower collection next year, but this collection seems to be very promising as well.

me too. however i am still hoping that later in the year we'll get something like disney!

but yes this collection sounds like it will be amazing - crushed metal piggies for goodness sakes!!
yahoo.gif

i had better get saving now for this bad boy!
smiles.gif

iheartmakeup

iheartmakeup

the lighting in these pics is terrible but it goes to show how metallic some of these pigments are- this is in a very brightly lit room but with no flash, swatched dry with no base

crushmetalnoflash.jpg

crushmetalnoflash2.jpg

I think the more earthy toned pigments like these are quite (or very!) metallic but the pinks and purples aren't particularly metallic in my opinion- the finish is similar to regular pigments. But I've only had a tiny play aorund with them so far. really pretty colours though.

here's a very quick eye using the pinks and a tiny bit of the purple-

just a word of warning- I got some of the light purple in my eye and it hurt like nothing else! I was close to taking my whole face off and going naked for the day it hurt that bad! :S

guess1.jpg

guess2.jpg

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne

Me too, but Spring Color Forecast it's going to be huge!!! It really sounds promising and exciting!! I can't hardly wait for those crushed metal pigments!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
however i am still hoping that later in the year we'll get something like disney!

Yes, let's keep hope!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
oh my goodness! those pigments will be mine! they look awesome!
thmbup.gif
yahoo.gif

Yes!!! They're gorgeous! They're to be mine as well!

iheartmakeup, thanks so much for swatches and pics!! So sorry for your eye! I hope you're feeling better.

panther27

Yeah,I'm kinda disappointed about there being no anniv. collection,but it looks like the products in this more than make up for it!I cannot wait for the color descriptions
th_DANCE.gif

brokenxbeauty

This collection sounds awesome! Do we really have to wait until February?
ssad.gif
Lol, well at least we will have time to save! I can't wait to learn more about this collection.

romi79_2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmakeup
the lighting in these pics is terrible but it goes to show how metallic some of these pigments are- this is in a very brightly lit room but with no flash, swatched dry with no base

crushmetalnoflash.jpg

crushmetalnoflash2.jpg

I think the more earthy toned pigments like these are quite (or very!) metallic but the pinks and purples aren't particularly metallic in my opinion- the finish is similar to regular pigments. But I've only had a tiny play aorund with them so far. really pretty colours though.

here's a very quick eye using the pinks and a tiny bit of the purple-

just a word of warning- I got some of the light purple in my eye and it hurt like nothing else! I was close to taking my whole face off and going naked for the day it hurt that bad! :S

guess1.jpg

guess2.jpg

Oh I love these colors, I`m digging the pinks and purples lately, can you tell us what shades u used-names,i like the outer v color a lot