MAC Staff Card Question

darkbeauty27

Hey guys, I finally got my Staff Card. Are we able to order off of the MAC Pro website or can we only purchase products from freestanding or Pro stores?

II3rinII

you can only shop at a store, not online. just for future ref., any new employee who does not have their staff card can still get an estee lauder discount (which is 30% off) when they show their pay stub. they will only get their full 60% off once they have their staff card. we used to be able to override the discount for new employees but not anymore =/. i didnt get my staff card until i transfered from a counter to a store (which was 8 months!!).

YSLGuy

Ive been waiting for mine for almost four months now. Three people on our team got thiers and the rest did NOT

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by II3rinII
you can only shop at a store, not online. just for future ref., any new employee who does not have their staff card can still get an estee lauder discount (which is 30% off) when they show their pay stub. they will only get their full 60% off once they have their staff card. we used to be able to override the discount for new employees but not anymore =/. i didnt get my staff card until i transfered from a counter to a store (which was 8 months!!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSLGuy
Ive been waiting for mine for almost four months now. Three people on our team got thiers and the rest did NOT

it took over a year and a half for me to get mine.
angry.gif

darkbeauty27

A couple of us at our counter had to contact someone above our manager in order to get ours. You might want to contact your Retail Operations Manager to get the ball rolling. That's what we did and we received our cards about a month after doing so.
smiles.gif

Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbeauty27
Wow, so I won't be able to get my discount at any MAC stores until I get the staff card, right? I haven't signed anything yet.
ssad.gif

(For reference I work at a MAC counter, not at a store)

I work at a Counter in Bloomingdales but I am a MAC employee it took me about 3 weeks to get my card but I would buy stuff at the Pasadena, CA store and they were able to look me up by my name. I dont know if it was because I was a MAC PRO card holder as well or if all employees and get looked up. I would call your local store n ask them if they can look you up that u havent received your card yet.

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celly
I work at a Counter in Bloomingdales but I am a MAC employee it took me about 3 weeks to get my card but I would buy stuff at the Pasadena, CA store and they were able to look me up by my name. I dont know if it was because I was a MAC PRO card holder as well or if all employees and get looked up. I would call your local store n ask them if they can look you up that u havent received your card yet.

I think this might vary by region. In my region, even though your name is in the computer you still can't get your discount unless you have the actual card in hand. I think they have become much more stict with the rules recently.

Ambonee

Hopefully someone can help...

I started working permanent on Halloween of last year and hadn't gotten my staff card yet as of the beginning of January (no big deal, I have a pro card) So my AM had me fill out some paperwork last week/maybe 2 weeks ago-ish. Tonight I went to do a PRO order and it won't let me log on to the site...so I called a friend to see if maybe the site was just being wonky but she can get on just fine.

I asked my manager if I would lose my Pro card once my staff card came and she said she wasn't sure. But I was told that we will more than likely be able to get Hello kitty (everything but couture and accessories) with our pro/staff discount...but if I don't have the physical card I can't use my staff discount and if my Pro discount has been deactivated I can't use that either...If I call the PRO number tomorrow will they be able to tell me why my access to the site was revoked? Do you think it may be because my staff card is on it's way? (wishful thinking) I really needed to make an order, does anyone know about how long from the PRO card getting deactivated that the staff card actually takes to get to the store?

Also, my store had to lay off someone due to budget cuts, it's based on seniority which means since I was second to last to be hired, I'm next. Does anyone know how hard it will be to get my pro card back, if God forbid they let me go? Will I have to re-apply?

Sorry for all the ??'s hopefully someone knows lol.

Yes my name is Amber and
mac_addict.gif

Ruby_Woo

They shouldn't deactivate your pro card, as you did pay for it and its different. I never got my Pro Card deactivated while being staff. As a matter of fact I still have it.

It takes a while to get your staff card, coming from a Pro store, I can tell you that they will not sell to you if you don't have your card on hand. That's how it was done at my location.

I was told there will be no discount on any Hello Kitty stuff. Where did you hear about the discount? thats cool if there is!

HTH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambonee
Hopefully someone can help...

I started working permanent on Halloween of last year and hadn't gotten my staff card yet as of the beginning of January (no big deal, I have a pro card) So my AM had me fill out some paperwork last week/maybe 2 weeks ago-ish. Tonight I went to do a PRO order and it won't let me log on to the site...so I called a friend to see if maybe the site was just being wonky but she can get on just fine.

I asked my manager if I would lose my Pro card once my staff card came and she said she wasn't sure. But I was told that we will more than likely be able to get Hello kitty (everything but couture and accessories) with our pro/staff discount...but if I don't have the physical card I can't use my staff discount and if my Pro discount has been deactivated I can't use that either...If I call the PRO number tomorrow will they be able to tell me why my access to the site was revoked? Do you think it may be because my staff card is on it's way? (wishful thinking) I really needed to make an order, does anyone know about how long from the PRO card getting deactivated that the staff card actually takes to get to the store?

Also, my store had to lay off someone due to budget cuts, it's based on seniority which means since I was second to last to be hired, I'm next. Does anyone know how hard it will be to get my pro card back, if God forbid they let me go? Will I have to re-apply?

Sorry for all the ??'s hopefully someone knows lol.

Yes my name is Amber and
mac_addict.gif

calbear

I continued to pay the annual fee for the PRO card and nothing was ever said about deactivating it due to my staff status. I still have it and it's valid.

miss_emc

Does anyone know if i can use my staff card in other countries? I'm not sure if my details will be in the overseas systems or not... I have my staff card and ID but not sure if i am still eligible for discount.

Zoffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_emc
Does anyone know if i can use my staff card in other countries? I'm not sure if my details will be in the overseas systems or not... I have my staff card and ID but not sure if i am still eligible for discount.

I'm in Denmark (Europe) and one of the girls I work with used her Staff card when she went to New York
smiles.gif
I think it was last year though.

MakeupChiKiiTa

your not allowed to have your staff card and your pro discount . if you had it last year it was voided i guess in january. i just got my staff card last week it took like 5 months but its was okay [: just ask your manager sometimes they will forget just keep reminding them

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_emc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoffe
I'm in Denmark (Europe) and one of the girls I work with used her Staff card when she went to New York
smiles.gif
I think it was last year though.

i was told by my former trainer that US employees can't use their card in other countries. not sure about pro card members.
th_dunno.gif

lainz

okay, for those of you that have not received your staff cards...the secret is to bombard corporate with your application...at least once a week. 3 of my coworkers and I faxed our staff card every sunday for a month and we got them today!!