MAC Starring You Holiday Collection (2019)

Icecaramellatte

I used the light Extra Dimension Skin Finish Palette this morning and it worked just fine for me. The blush colors showed up quite well. I probably should have mentioned that last night. This palette is not that light. Actually, I don't know that I would call this light. Maybe just lighter than the other palette. But the other palette has a bronzer in it and this one doesn't. I used top left extra dimension skin finish blush in dipped in stars and the bottom right white looking extra dimension skin finish highlighter in Hi-Siquency.

I'm just now looking at the packaging and I like it but I think they could have done better. I only say that because for me, this is the stand out product of the collection. The embossing of the dark on the product itself I love but . . . The pink glitter coated compact has been done before. . . .but where. I know have something somewhere with it. Right next to it I have the Anastasia loose highlighter in pink glitter top that is an exact match but I know I have a compact somewhere too, I do like the clear out packaging with the stars on it but I'll probably throw that out. I think they should have put this with the main collection and put it in a plastic packaging with a clear top kind of like the eyeshadow palettes to show off the star embossing. Something hefty. This feels like gift packaging. I'm not mad at it though, Oh wait, I think if I look really hard, I can make out a star pattern in the glitter coating, but I'm not sure,

As for the online pre sale. I just logged in and saw stuff sold out. I refreshed and now it is showing as available. What gives? I saw the stuff on the bottom as sold out. I didn't notice one of the kits at the store and now I kind of want it. It was sold out when I first looked. Also the SA at the store told me the lavender palette was exclusive to the store. I still think I'll pass on it. But just letting you know it may be just store and Mac site only.

Tempted to order a few more items.

Miss Dynamite

oh sorry I did see that and completely forgot

Yeah, still don't have all the info, no idea why MAC is being so weird about it this year. Usually they send all the info at once, but this year, Temptalia only got info for the first part so far. I'm really sick of all this super secretive crap, makes me wanna buy stuff a lot less.

Rinstar

Yeah, still don't have all the info, no idea why MAC is being so weird about it this year. Usually they send all the info at once, but this year, Temptalia only got info for the first part so far. I'm really sick of all this super secretive crap, makes me wanna buy stuff a lot less.

Same I definitely bought way more back when we had the info in advance.

Icecaramellatte

I was going to use my second palette today and looked at the names. I realized one was familiar and looked it up. it is Snowflushed. The highlighter from last year that was converted from the previous released eyeshadow. So unless they have already had a blush called Cloudy Copper blush. That is the only new shade in the darker palette. I probably would have bought it anyway but I don't know if I need to use it today. I'm trying to use all my new products and since these are not new shades I can move this down the list but we'll see if it goes with today's look, I'll use it. Kinda bummed about that though.

Icecaramellatte

Did anyone see the 2 highlighter/fancy brush/gloss sets on IG? I didn't see these at the holiday party I went to. What is Mac doing this year? They usually release everything at the holiday parties. I know they only had 2 spellbinder shadows and the bronze highlighter. I'm wondering if they did this everywhere or if it had something to do with the store I went to. I don't like it. I wanted to get everything at once. I guess it could be possible it is a store exclusive but if so that would be messed up because it looks really good. Right up my alley. I haven't heard which shade it is. Hoping they are not something I already have. I'm going to check out the post above and see if I see I pic of this but I don't think I did. Need to find out when this is releasing.

Here a few pics I found:

BeautyFan55

Did anyone see the 2 highlighter/fancy brush/gloss sets on IG? I didn't see these at the holiday party I went to. What is Mac doing this year? They usually release everything at the holiday parties. I know they only had 2 spellbinder shadows and the bronze highlighter. I'm wondering if they did this everywhere or if it had something to do with the store I went to. I don't like it. I wanted to get everything at once. I guess it could be possible it is a store exclusive but if so that would be messed up because it looks really good. Right up my alley. I haven't heard which shade it is. Hoping they are not something I already have. I'm going to check out the post above and see if I see I pic of this but I don't think I did. Need to find out when this is releasing.

Here a few pics I found:

I think one is a Macy's exclusive. The gloss is new I think, but the highlight is show gold. I think the other set had whisper of gilt, not sure which store that is from. I went to a freestanding MAC store and they only had 4 of the glosses, and 2 of the shadows and the golden highlight. I was shocked, I'm glad I ordered online before anything sold out. I don't think the store had all the lipsticks either.

Icecaramellatte

I think one is a Macy's exclusive. The gloss is new I think, but the highlight is show gold. I think the other set had whisper of gilt, not sure which store that is from. I went to a freestanding MAC store and they only had 4 of the glosses, and 2 of the shadows and the golden highlight. I was shocked, I'm glad I ordered online before anything sold out. I don't think the store had all the lipsticks either.
Oh gosh! How many show gold's and whisper of gilts do I have? They do this for every holiday. It looks so pretty. I'm a sucker for hearts and stars. Ugh I don't know. I may indulge anyway. We'll see. Thanks for the info.

Miss Dynamite

Oh gosh! How many show gold's and whisper of gilts do I have? They do this for every holiday. It looks so pretty. I'm a sucker for hearts and stars. Ugh I don't know. I may indulge anyway. We'll see. Thanks for the info.
It's not Show Gold, that is in the light Extra Dimension palette. The Macy's set has Whisper of Gilt and a new Dazzleglass, the other set has a new Extra Dimension Skinfinish called Starquake, which looks like a much pinker Beaming Blush to me, the Dazzleglass is also new. The Macys one comes out November 3rd and I think the other is November 7th at MAC.

leonah

the pink one called starquake looks a lot more pink but it looks nice. but I can't see swatches of it anywhere?!

leonah

I just ordered the pink kit. if it's too deep of a pink I'll just use it as a glowy blush

Latest posts