MAC Store in Redmond, WA opening in Oct? Is it true?

ZoeFerret

I overheard some ladies at the MAC counter saying that there is going to be a MAC Store in the Redmond Town Center opening in Oct of this year ( 07 ). Is it really true? I sure hope so- going to Seattle's U Village is a pain and Redmond is like 10 minutes away from me. Before I get my hopes up- anyone here can confirm this for me? I was hoping it was going to be a Pro store- but maybe that's too much to ask for
smiles.gif

susanks1

I hope so. My son lives in Newcastle and I go over there ever few months. I have always been surprised that there isn't one in Bellevue Square.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanks1
... I have always been surprised that there isn't one in Bellevue Square.

I know! That has always boggled my mind!

I hope they throw one in Redmond. My mom lives in Kirkland and that would be seriously convenient!
th_sign_woot.gif

coachkitten

I live in Redmond and this would be the best freaking news EVER!!!!!! Oh my Lord this would make my year!
smiles.gif

ZoeFerret

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanks1
I hope so. My son lives in Newcastle and I go over there ever few months. I have always been surprised that there isn't one in Bellevue Square.

Yeah- no kidding or at least somewhere on the Eastside. They should open one in Alderwood Mall- that would be nice too.

I heard this Redmond opening from the SA @ the MAC counter in Bellevue- so hopefully she's right.

malialoke

Personally, I wish they'd start opening stores a bit farther north. I'm in Bellingham, so it's an hour and a half drive to the closest MAC counter at Alderwood.

Anita

I wish there was one further north also..I live on Whidbey Island and I have to drive to Alderwood Nordstrom. I wish Macy's here carried MAC. I am surprised there isn't one in Bellevue Square either. The only MAC store I've been to around here is in Vancouver.

lahdeedah

I would be so completely stoked if they opened up a store in Redmond!!!! Please oh please let this be true! Oh, and let one of these stores turn into a pro store... pretty please!
eyelove.gif

susanks1

I e-mailed MAC and this is the response I got back:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in M.A.C.

In response to your inquiry, please be assured a M.A.C counter would be
opening in Macy's in Redmond on October 15, 2007.

We trust the above addresses your concern. We hope that we have the
opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Fanta Kamara
Global Consumer Communications

I was hoping for a freestanding store since there aleady is a counter at Nordstroms where I live.

MAC_Whore

That's great! Who would have thought that back in the day that little old, sleepy Redmond would have a MAC counter. Man things have changed on the eastside!
smiles.gif

ZoeFerret

Ahhhh... that's kinda sux. I guess the lady the MAC Counter in Bell Square was wrong- I'd rather have an actual store than another counter. It's not that exciting.

Heck- on second thought- maybe that's not toooo bad. I think I will apply to work for them- after my baby is born and I get things settled. I feel less intimated applying to work at Macy's Counter than a freestanding store. Plus you would would get a discount on Macy's stuff too.....

banjobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita
I wish Macy's here carried MAC.

Don't give up! The Macy's near me in Silverdale got a MAC counter about a year ago. They rearranged the WHOLE fragrance area of the store to make room for it. My friends and I were pretty surprised they went to all that work!

iiifugaziii

hey all washington ladies. there's going to be a macy's puyallup opening up as well next year and a mac store in southcenter mall next year!

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiifugaziii
hey all washington ladies. there's going to be a macy's puyallup opening up as well next year and a mac store in southcenter mall next year!

An actual MAC freestanding store in Southcenter?

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiifugaziii

No talk of Bell Square though? Man, talk about heaven if they ever did put one in Bell Square. With Bell Square's mother-of-all-Sephora's Sephora. That would be divine!

coachkitten

I wanted to bump this because I went to RTC today and the MAC counter is still under construction. Anyone know a confirmed date of when the counter will open? TIA!
smiles.gif