MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Baby1black

Did any woc get taupe shape blush and is it showing on their skin. T described equilibrium and pressed amber as the closest is that correct? If it is something that will not show on woc I will not try to hunt it.

champagneshadow

Hey all...well to my dismay I missed out on Party Parrot. I've been trying to hunt ot down in my area but no luck. Do any of you know of any stores that may have it and may be willing to ship? This is getting desperate lol!!!

Medgal07

one of my favorite lipstick of this collection is Absolute Power (with REDD lip liner) and I normally don't wear red....:)...
Wow...so pretty
pretty.gif

Prettypackages

If you've cracked the code, then please let me know what it is. I just chalk it up to a combination of indecisiveness and poor impulse control.
girlhaha.gif

I need to cut back in 2013. While getting together the swatches of Pink Pigeon, I've come to the realization that I may have too many lipsticks. The case where I keep my MAC, NARS and Revlon lipsticks is overflowing. I need to find something else to keep them in now.

Maybe I spoke too soon. It doesn't seem like too many in the photo.
AWESOME!

what bag is that?

Medgal07

eyelove.gif
Just tried on Firm Form, I really like it! I'd probably want to wear a more opaque black l/s or eyeliner underneath it, but it's actually much more opaque than I thought it was going to be. I love how the gold warms it up, and makes it more complimentary towards my skintone than the average black would be. It also makes my eyes pop strangely enough, the gold with the brown in my eyes just work well together. I really like black lipstick already, but the gold shimmer just makes it that much more interesting and flattering
Making me want to try a look with FF for New Year's Eve...once again, busting out of my way to conservative box for a change!
yahoo.gif

Icecaramellatte

If you have picky coloring around the eyes that usually can't handle cool neutrals, All Woman is a dream because the colors don't come off as warm when applied, but don't shift to unflattering bluish shades like most truly cool greys and taupes usually do. Even the white applies attractively icy, but doesn't clash with my yellowish skin (I'm always hunting for the perfect snow white - a tough task for me). All the colors work great with my green eyes, too, which shades like these don't always do.

I usually stay away from neutral shadows that aren't brown, since it's hard to find ones that are just right for me, but I feel like I've got the perfect spectrum now with the Carine Desert palette and All Woman.

If your coloring isn't so fussy, AW isn't such a big deal. I'd say the same thing goes for IS, which might be sent from heaven if you're so pale and NW that most greys and taupes look too dark and swampy on you, but not a necessity if you don't have special needs.
I have that same problem with greys - many of them just look blue on me. So strange.

Haven

I hunted down Taupe Shape. I must say that it seems much more "user friendly" in my novice hands than Notorious. I didn't have the blending issues with TS that I had with Notorious. Still trying to make Notorious work though.

Now I need to resist the quads from this collection. I already have ever UD Naked palette, so I really do not need to buy another neutral shadow for a long time.

Love Strong Woman and AP from this collection too. SW is much more wearable for me than Heroine.

Prettypackages

lmao.gif
THAT'S IT!!!!! "A combination of indecisiveness and poor impulse control." Case in point, this morning after getting yet another E-mail Ad from MAC I thought, why not...I ordered the All Woman Eye Shadow Quad, Warm Companion Lipstick (blame prettypackages for that one) and Fireside MES because I was drawn to the colors. I know I said I was done
ohboy.gif
hence the CC code!
I love your lipstick case. I'll need to revamp my setup in 2013--sooner than later...in addition to the lippies from Apres Chic & Strength, I just got two new Chanel lippies! See ya at the soup kitchen partner!
friends.gif
*jumping up and down* YAY!!! I'm an enabler!!! I hope you like it!

Prettypackages

Quick Sizzle is also my favorite out of the three. I don't have a BU for it because I thought it would be close enough in color to Girl About Town. Big mistake. That was before I understood the effect that different finishes can have on the wear, feel and look of lipsticks.
it's my fave too! Hopefully we'll find it. if it comes out, or I see it in a CCO, I'll pick one up for you. :)

Prettypackages

Haute Altitude and Gentle MB (tried it on at the counter)
Haute Altitude (didn't purchase cause I felt I had similiar colors, but it looked okay)
Pink Pigeon from Iris Apfel Collection
they all look gorgeous on you. Especially PP. Let me know if you figure out the dupe for HA. I know I have something like it. I just haven't figured out what yet.

Prettypackages

I've been "liking" so many posts, I got Like-Blocked!
rules.gif

Mid-tone dirty mauve/taupe with a light application for me - then with an extra layer, it turned into the perfect replica of my 90's Poppy King lipstick - 100% taupe, the definition of 90's taupe. It's reminding me of every darn office cubicle, carpet color, and business lady gear from that era. Oh the nostalgia! I had a Poppy King matte that looked exactly like Cozy Up too, so I'm having double nostalgia tingles.

I stuck a little of the pale pink Mineralize balm on top and it totally erased the brown cast and brought it into the rose taupe zone, which is even nicer. And because those balms blot down so well, I was able to bring it back down to a satin finish effect while still keeping the lightening from the balm. Wow, I'm having a next level makeup experience here
thud.gif
I don't usually get this worked up. :p
loving the balms!

Prettypackages

I got 2 of my lippies today. And one of someone else's. it had my address on the outside, and their packing slip on the inside. I thought about calling MAC, but then I thought the other person might never get their lipstick if I do that, and I have their address and phone number, so I just called them and told them I'd send it along to them. I thought about how sad I'd be I someone else got mine. Gotta build up the makeup karma, lol. I LOVE PaPa!!!
that was so awesome!