MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)

pinkpaint

BU'd my beloved PaPa!! Missed out on PiPi, which I skipped during IA... And maybe that's ok. There was a reason I skipped PiPi the first time around. And I'm hoping that reason is still valid... whatever it was.
I wish I would have backed up PaPa. As soon as I swatched it and my grandma said "That is YOU!" lol, I wished I had one more. I skipped PiPi, too. It looks gorgeous but I'm slightly olive toned and those bright cool-toned pinks never flatter me. I guess it's money saved.

RaymondKurzweil

Just picked up Absolute Power and want no other red ever again. Here it is on NC40/Nars Barcelona skin with the brightest flash known to man. Apologies now for the extreme close-up and getting intimate with my teeth and gums.

I am giving serious consideration to driving all the way back out to my MAC store just to get another tube. Also picked up Taupe Shape and Cozy Up, which is what I wanted Nars Honolulu Honey to look like, but that's for another thread.

admmgz

I guess I'm the only one that's not fully satisfied with my lippies :( I thought they looked good on in the store- maybe their lighting makes everything look better lol I don't really like the tones of SW on me in daylight... and AP didn't quite knock my socks off. The only one I really fell in love w/ is Pink Pigeon.

LadyMisfit

I don't really like the tones of SW on me in daylight... and AP didn't quite knock my socks off. The only one I really fell in love w/ is Pink Pigeon.
I didn't get AP so I can't give you my feedback on it. But SW is beautiful. What didn't you like about it?

dolleyes

For Party Parrot I used NYX's Hot Pink. I got a nice red lip with Absolute Power & NYX's Plush Red.

CartoonChic is the lipliner expert around here so I'm sure she'll post some more recommendations.
Thank you so much! Will check those out.
heart.gif

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I wish they would restock. I've been wearing PiPi and PaPa from IA a lot lately, and I think I do need a BU after all.
love.gif

duckrodeo

I have Impassioned do I still need Party Parrot?
Depends on how you feel about Impassioned. Would you like a matter and brighter version of it? Then you may want Party Parrot.

I actually prefer PP over Impassioned. They both swatch the same on my hand, but they're not dupes on my lips. Applied Party Parrot is more coral/range and definitely brighter. Impassioned looks like Fusion Pink on my lips, both applied are a bit red.