MAC Studio Fix Collection (Sep 2016)

NaomiH

I'm curious about both products. I have The pressed Studio Fix powder foundation and find it way too heavy. If this is more of a setting powder, I may have to try. I'll be passing by an airport MAC tomorrow. I'll have to see if they're on display.

It's definitely more like a setting powder. It's very sheer and light weight.

NaomiH

Is it good for keeping you matte for awhile? I don't need much coverage, but damn I am shiny!

I wore mine for the first time today and it did seem to help some with my shine. I've been using the CC correct loose powder and this is much finer. Going to use it some more over the next few days and I'll report back.

Rinstar

I wore mine for the first time today and it did seem to help some with my shine. I've been using the CC correct loose powder and this is much finer. Going to use it some more over the next few days and I'll report back.

Thanks! I would love to find something that helps for more than 20 minutes :D

Monsy

i usually dont talk about price/size but this has only 8gr. my recommendation is just buy chanel loose powder which has almost 4 x more (30g)

alle685

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but MAC is coming out with new shades to the Studio fix Foundation. They will now have two shades been NC45 and NC50 (NC46 and NC47) which is what I had been hoping for,for YEARS!:D

Last edited:

filio

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but MAC is coming out with new shades to the Studio fix Foundation. They will now have two shades been NC45 and NC50 (NC46 and NC47) which is what I had been hoping for,for YEARS!:D

I read that too no more mixing nc 45 with nc50 yeey i hope there will be shades added to their other lines because waterweight is my favorite

alle685

I read that too no more mixing nc 45 with nc50 yeey i hope there will be shades added to their other lines because waterweight is my favorite

I agree! I hope they expand it to all their products but i will take this to start.

SatelliteDrmr

this is VERY SHEER think about prep and prime just much more refined and silky. it is almost translucent. it's nothing like studio fix powder foundation

It's definitely more like a setting powder. It's very sheer and light weight.

i usually dont talk about price/size but this has only 8gr. my recommendation is just buy chanel loose powder which has almost 4 x more (30g)

You all had me about to order, but damn... 8g? The airport location didn't have it, and also didn't know what it was. They didn't have much of anything, actually... Oh well, money saved.

shellygrrl

Staff member

I've got a separate thread up for the shade extensions (Studio Finish Concealer is getting extended shades, too).

MAC Studio Finish Concealer and Studio Fix Fluid Shade Extensions (date unknown)

Last edited:

luvlydee

so I went to mac and got studio fix fluid in C8. I thought I was going to have to mix it with white to make it lighter since I use c6 in face and body and c6 studio fix powder (although the powder is a tad light but c7 powder is a bit off in color for me). When the mua put c8 it on me it actually looked good. Now that it oxidized it is a bit dark but it still goes with me and It didn't turn orange like nc45. I might end up still buying a yellow mix to add a drop to see if adding more yellow will make it work even more.

luvlydee

Swatch of sff C8 without flash and with flash...

IMG_7104.JPG IMG_7105.JPG

Love that its deep enough without it looking orange, and love that its not so neutral that it turns grey

Latest posts