MAC studio lights

toofaced

Can someone explain the studio lights to me? TIA
th_worship.gif

caffn8me

Yes, they are indeed. They were discontinued by M·A·C over a year ago but the Touche Eclat is a good alternative. Be careful not to overuse them on undereye circles as it's possible to end up looking like an inverted panda on photographs if you're not careful.

Here's the M·A·C product description;
Formula: liquid in a pen dispenser

It delivers a sheer, luminous wash of colour and light diffusing particles. It can be used to highlight and brighten any area of the face and body. Apply Studio Lights over moisurized skin, Concealer or M·A·C foundations​

spendtoomuch

studio lights

I can't seem to find out much about the studio lights? Are they any good. Can I use this instead of concealer under the eye. Don't know if I should order one or not.

user46

Re: studio lights

to be honest, i've tried it, and i didn't like it. i mean, i found that it did nothing for under my eyes. a regular concealer would work better IMO

kyoto

Re: studio lights

Hi, I'm an NC50 and have studio lights Skin Lure and I love it. I don't use it as a concealer, but as a highlighter. Think of it in terms of shading and contouring and where the light will naturally hit your face. I use it on the bridge of my nose and below my eyes with a concealer brush and love the way it looks. I'm sure other people may use it differently, so maybe they'll chime in.

thewickedstyle

I got Frangipan, which is genius under the eyes (over my concealer) and around my nose where it gets red. I also got Ideal Pink, which I use as a highlighter ( the "Cs" around the eyes, bridge of the nose, and browbone). I like them a lot; also the beauty powders released in the same collection.

Leilani78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
LOL I only saw the pics of them and thought they were nude lipglosses!

i thought the same thing and then i read about and went oooohh. LOL

Angelah

I compare these to Bobbi Brown's Eye Brightener. I loooove them.. not used as concealers.. but as brighteners/highlighters. They are really good for creating dramatic contours on the face. If you try using them as a concealer, you might be disappointed.. so get one and try it out as a highlighter instead, they are amazing
smiles.gif

TRASHdecor

Studio Lights

Sorry if there is another thread on this but anyways..
i was going through my mom's makeup collection and i see mac foundation and zoomlash and i was like yay mom! lol but then i saw a concealer looking thing that says studio lights, I asked her if she ever uses it and she said no. so i got it!
greengrin.gif
i was wondering how to use this product? I heard of some people using it as a highlight? I have it in the color SAND.

TIA

BunnyBunnyBunny

Re: Studio Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRASHdecor
Sorry if there is another thread on this but anyways..
i was going through my mom's makeup collection and i see mac foundation and zoomlash and i was like yay mom! lol but then i saw a concealer looking thing that says studio lights, I asked her if she ever uses it and she said no. so i got it!
greengrin.gif
i was wondering how to use this product? I heard of some people using it as a highlight? I have it in the color SAND.

TIA

Like you heard it is a highlighting concealor. You apply your foundation/concealor like normal and then you apply the Studio Lights under your eyes, forehead, cheekbones, etc. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of them. See if it works for you!

MACgirl

I personally went Bats**t for these! especially ideal pink! The way i use them is under my eyes i dot two little dots under my eye, then two dots of select moisturecover bside each dot and blend with a bigger brush (preferably the 190, or the new brush that came out with sonic chic works amazing!), it blends beautifully and seamlessly. The fact that the pink in this studio light acts as a skin brightner works amazing to deflect light off tiny lines and wrinkles. I would use very little at a time, and if used alone dot the product with the tip of the finger and press it on as opposed to rub. I've learned if used sparingly it can be used on top of powder produtcs on the high planes of the face. I love the fact that it gives me a soft focus finish.