MAC - Style Black Discussion

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Here's a look I did with GPS + Cinderfella + Platinum....too lazy to post a full FOTD :/ please ignore my nasty bushy brows...my mom is my brow person and she's out of town
ssad.gif

IMG_8359.jpg

oooh and I didn't have fallout with Cinderfella either. Just used homemade mm with 239 and it was fine

You look beautiful!!!
What are you wearing on the lips?

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
You look beautiful!!!
What are you wearing on the lips?

Thanks, it's Cream Cup l/s and My Favourite Pink dazzleglass creme
thmbup.gif

MamaMAC

Quote:
Here's a look I did with GPS + Cinderfella + Platinum....too lazy to post a full FOTD :/ please ignore my nasty bushy brows...my mom is my brow person and she's out of town
ssad.gif

IMG_8359.jpg

oooh and I didn't have fallout with Cinderfella either. Just used homemade mm with 239 and it was fine

that MES looks so good. and whats on ur lips

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I will be at school until 5 PM
cry.gif
But I can count on my MA.

Man... I wish I had an MA... I kind of had one or two for a while but I stopped going religiously for a bit so I think they forgot me. Plus in Toronto you can hit about 10 different MAC locations without trying (I have one that's close to school and a different one that's close to home and that's within 25 minutes of each other) so while people know me, they don't really know me.

One of the artists that used to remember me at my home location is on mat leave now... so I won't see her for at least a year! (But she was really lovely.)

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
Man... I wish I had an MA... I kind of had one or two for a while but I stopped going religiously for a bit so I think they forgot me. Plus in Toronto you can hit about 10 different MAC locations without trying (I have one that's close to school and a different one that's close to home and that's within 25 minutes of each other) so while people know me, they don't really know me.

One of the artists that used to remember me at my home location is on mat leave now... so I won't see her for at least a year! (But she was really lovely.)

I have three in the same mall within 2 mins of each other....so weird!
MAC Pro, Nordstroms and Dillards...if one line is long just skip to the next counter lol

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
I have three in the same mall within 2 mins of each other....so weird!
MAC Pro, Nordstroms and Dillards...if one line is long just skip to the next counter lol

haha yeah we have a lot of counters too...

i don't typically go to the counters but they're good in case the freestanding stores run out of product.

i guess i'm not that memorable.. haha

i think i did freak one MA out though :p

Leven

I think the Aventura Mall down here has the most Mac ive ever seen lol.

1.A freestanding Store
2.Nordstroms counter
3.Bloomingdales Counter
4.Big Macys counter
5.Smaller counter in the same Macys( i have no idea what its for lol)

Its kinda awesome, because some run out of one product, so i go to the others to see if they have it (which they usually do)

only1angel

Wow, I miss a few months of specktra and have SOOOO many pages of catching up to do. My comp crashed down and took me forever to buy another one. But I'm glad to be back and catch up with the upcoming collections. All your FOTDS are gorgeous for this collection- definitely inspiring me for some looks!!!
thmbup.gif

Honestly I wasn't really excited for this collection and was pretty happy I wouldn't be spending $$ on a collection for a change. Well, I made the biggest mistake and stopped by my MAC counter. All I could say is WOWW
drools.gif
. This collection's AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!
Unfortunately my counter didn't have a lot of the products out yet, so I really only purchased what was out on display (which means gotta make another trip this week
choochoo.gif
)

Here's what I got:
Cinderfella- OHHHH MYYYY GODDDD
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
. I couldn't wait to try this out when I got home. I applied this over GPS and it created the PERFECT smokey eye. It's a look much darker than what I normally wear, so it was cool to try something new and I'm SO glad I got it. I think EVERYONE needs this!
I'm going to go back and get Blue Flame and Young Punk when they get them back in stock since I heard great reviews on these.

GreasePaint Stick- Would have never imagined I would even need this since I have a zillion black liners, but this really creates the smoked out effect without needing to smudge it. MIGHT get a backup of this.

Volcanic Ash Thermal Mask-
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
That's seriously all I need to say about this lolol. This mask is amazing. PRETTY PLEASE MAC MAKE THIS PERMANENT???
thmbup.gif
yes.gif
. I've never used any type of thermal mask before, so it was pretty neat feeling my face almost on fire hahahaha. It felt like it was doing something positive for my skin. My face felt so smooth and clean after. I went to get more of this and they were sold out
ssad.gif
. I hope they get more because I'm seriously going to buy everything they have in stock lololol. I am a skincare (and makeup) freak. I have a huge shelf with just face masks and peels lol. And honestly of all the ones I have, this one is probably one of my favorites. I have $80 masks and this one tops those! This is my favorite from this collection (as you can tell lol) Seriously RUN and get your hands on this!

Volcanic Ash Exfoliator- I heard great things about this and ended up getting 2 of them. I liked how it took the dead skin away being as I have dry patches on my skin and can't use powder foundation if I don't exfoliate. This took away any flakes I had and my face felt smooth. The only drawback IMO was the scent. Did anyone else notice the scent??? It smells like old perfume
nonono.gif
. I have many other exfoliators, and while I liked the results of this one, I still got the same results with my other ones as well, so this isn't something I would die for. I definitely would choose the thermal mask over this any day. But they work great together so I will keep the 2 that I bought and MAYBE buy another one if I get used to the smell.

But I NEED more of the thermal mask ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by traxter
Maybe they can make the GPS a tad bit creamier.
yes.gif

I agree. As much as I like the GPS, I did feel it was a bit dry. I'd prefer it creamier as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakurasamaLover
I think that people who are crazy about the GPS should try the Chromaline. It's like better then Fluidline or Paint Pots or Shade Sticks, available in incredible colors: smudge and water PROOF. And since they are crease and waterproof the eyesafety is really non significant in my opinion (not that I care, but for peopel who do). Or for people who are really afraid about the warnings, the black, white and dark blue one are eye safe.

But serisouly people; try those! They are really smooth, pigmented and resistent to about anything.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't tried the Chromaline yet.

Quote:
ssad.gif

IMG_8359.jpg

Wow, you look gorgeous!
thmbup.gif

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I'm not a fan of the shadesticks either. Red Velvet & Sharkskin are the only 2 I own & I don't really use them too much. Too dry & funky sometimes. I know, if you warm them up they are supposed to work better - but hey, I don't want to have to have foreplay with my makeup in order to use it
lol.gif

My friend who works at the counter said that the shadesticks are shady
th_LMAO.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
My favorite MA got Application Certified with these lips :3

Nightmoth + The black mattene

appcert.jpg

Chad that looks wonderful on you!!! Sexy Goth boy! Where's your lip piercing?

OfficerJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
Chad that looks wonderful on you!!! Sexy Goth boy! Where's your lip piercing?

I took it out while she was working on me so it wouldn't be in the way
greengrin.gif

SmokeSignal16

Yeah so I finally have a day off and I LOVE my stuff! I got to use my GPS and I am in love
love.gif
, I will def gettin one or 2 more! I also used Young Punk
love.gif
and I had no fallout whatsoever, but I did pat the color on with my brush on top of the GPS to get maximum bling if that makes any difference. And then I added UD Zero on waterline w/ Rave pearlglide liner on the bottom lashline and my eyes looked intense! I also used pervette lipstick w/ Blackfire glimmerglass and it looked pretty neat, almost like lavender whip in a way but not quite. This has to be in my top fav collections this year! I think we'll need a smily soon...lol

shontay07108

So, is it official that the black mattene is better than the amplified creme lipstick? I was thinking of giving it a go even though my urban decay black lippie is poppin. The UD one is semi sheer and can be layered to be more opaque, but I'm thinking I need a more in your face black.

hmm...

nursie

things sold out at my counter as of today: gilt by association,volcanic ash mask,vae,young punk,gps.