MAC - Style Black Discussion

kabuki_KILLER

I'm in need of some more dark lipsticks and glosses. I just got Cyber not long ago haha. It doens't last me that long, though. And I do need more true blacks and something more blue-ish. And of course those eyeshadows and the volcanic scrub.

**sigh** I'm going to be so broke.

Nzsallyb

does anyone else get a wee bubble of excitement when they think of this collection? the MES look amazing!

this collection will hit NZ in september (it is the CoC anniversary right?), so alot of time to save (but hopefully no damned price increases again!)

this looks like the collection of the year (sorry Hello Kitty)

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzsallyb
does anyone else get a wee bubble of excitement when they think of this collection? the MES look amazing!

this collection will hit NZ in september (it is the CoC anniversary right?), so alot of time to save (but hopefully no damned price increases again!)

this looks like the collection of the year (sorry Hello Kitty)

oh i'm not afraid to say it. HK sucked ass! i didn't buy a thing from that collection! i'm in love my cute-ster and mimmy (thank goodness for gratis), but nuttin' was really floatin' my boat.

this collection, however, is pure ecstasy!

VintageAqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontKnowMomo
I actually love those promo images!
I've wanted a necklace with teeth on it like the one in the second picture foreverrrr.

Thats the first thing I thought when I saw the promos too! Han Cholo has one but it's like $600! Think of all the MAC you could buy with that.

VintageAqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
oh i'm not afraid to say it. HK sucked ass! i didn't buy a thing from that collection! i'm in love my cute-ster and mimmy (thank goodness for gratis), but nuttin' was really floatin' my boat.

this collection, however, is pure ecstasy!

Finally!!!! Erine, I'm glad to hear that someone else thought MAC was way off the mark with HK (please no daggers!!!) but I'm totally floored by this collection.

I'll be gladly dancing around in my shimmery cape listening to david bowie applying such beauties when I take them home!

panther27

Quote:
th_LMAO.gif
no i didn't mention this already. these are meant for the eyes, so there isn't any irritation. obviously some people might have issues with the shimmer, but its all good.

Thanks babe,I love shimmer!
th_wink3.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageAqua
Finally!!!! Erine, I'm glad to hear that someone else thought MAC was way off the mark with HK (please no daggers!!!) but I'm totally floored by this collection.

I'll be gladly dancing around in my shimmery cape listening to david bowie applying such beauties when I take them home!

we pretty much sold thru HK the first time around, but then they restocked us and we are sitting on so much shit! we've got over 40 of EACH eye palette and about that many of each powder as well. and of course no one is buying it, so its just sitting there. mac really made a mistake producing so much of that crap for a company that's cutting costs right now. not too smart there.
nope.gif

Mabelle

i wasnt feeling HK either. I'm usually not a fan of the huge anniversary collections. I think i got Dark Blue green pig and the brownish glitter liner from HK.
From Fafi i got a lip glass. The rest i thought was shit ugly.
Even Barbie was meh to me.

Im very excited for this!

GlamQueen21

HK was a fun collection and I did go crazy with it big time (I think some of you remember me getting backups of Cute Ster and Mimmy). This collection is really going to be a hit!

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
Absolutely!
winks.gif

However if the budget allows it I will still buy Baby Goth Girl just for the name.. even when the color is dupeable or sheer.
tong.gif

I do buy makeup just for the name sometimes. It just feels right to own the product.
winks.gif

I like the first promo pic.

VintageAqua

Quote:
we pretty much sold thru HK the first time around, but then they restocked us and we are sitting on so much shit! we've got over 40 of EACH eye palette and about that many of each powder as well. and of course no one is buying it, so its just sitting there. mac really made a mistake producing so much of that crap for a company that's cutting costs right now. not too smart there.
nope.gif

Very true, I think they anticipated HK and MAC collectors to be more excited about it, which indeed many of them were but I love MAC and grew up with HK and couldn't bare myself to spend the $$$. I think some of the quantity pressure comes from EL if I'm not mistaken. They will probably try to pull the remaining profit from the CCOs and discounters after RTV. Strange it hasn't gone back yet, but I remember NN hanging around for close to year at my store for some reason.

As much as I'm a visual fiend, I'll take QUALITY OF PRODUCTS over LE PACKAGING anyday so fall 09 is reigning supreme for me!
th_DANCE.gif

Mabelle

Erin, is Glit by Association similar to the zipper colour (the bronze/amber) in RSS mineral eyeshadows. I know that you said the texture was close, but i was wondering about the colour.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
Erin, is Glit by Association similar to the zipper colour (the bronze/amber) in RSS mineral eyeshadows. I know that you said the texture was close, but i was wondering about the colour.

they're close. for some reason my swatch of GBA hardly had any black in it, when in reality there's more black and less colour in all of em. i say f**k the zipper and go for style black!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
I Want It.

i need it. i must have it.

malaliath

So I just did a quick estimation of what it is going to cost to get all the things I want when this collection is released.

thud.gif

I really shouldn't have done that.

(not that the amount will make me edit my list at all. Oh no.)

Miz Pina

^ Exactly! It sounds like so many won't want the black lip products so I'm like hmmn those might end up at the CCO but I know I will be all veruca salt "I want them now!"

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
VioletB, long time no see <3

I am really excited for this collection. Its like Smoke Signals gone goth. HOT!

Hi babe!!
smiles.gif

When we were demo'ing the black lips on each other at update we were listening to some Beyonce song..

I suggested we should listen to the Cure.
smiles.gif
I had to. I couldn't resist.
smiles.gif

LMD84

i super excited for this collection - more so than any of the others. do you think that you could wear the black glosses on their own? or would they make your lips look dirty? i plan on rocking them over red lips but just wondering about how else i could wear them!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i super excited for this collection - more so than any of the others. do you think that you could wear the black glosses on their own? or would they make your lips look dirty? i plan on rocking them over red lips but just wondering about how else i could wear them!

IMO, they are too sheer to be worn alone. I really do think that you need to layer them over a liner or lipstick.

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageAqua

HK was nice in terms of colours, but overrated. i am glad i didnt overspend on it.

David Bowie
love.gif
MAC should totally do a collaberation with him