MAC - Style Black Discussion

Hypathya

I love SB GPS!!
love.gif
It was the starter of my huge GPS addiction!
greengrin.gif

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver
I have another question:

Since the glosses weren't all that, do you really need a gloss over BK l/s?

I find that I don't particularly like gloss over my creme sheen l/s.

I really want the look posted above to really stand out and the clear gloss does add a little bit of dimension.

A black gloss over BK is sexy as hell
girl_devil.gif

I'd say it makes a big difference if you have filled your lips in completely with a lip pencil. If you only lined the edges or didn't use a pencil, you could get away without it for a grunge look, but it isn't so easy to apply BK evenly, so pencil over the whole lip is a better bet usually.

There's a great black lip tutorial video on the MAC site - check it out!

Fiberluver

liba - thanks!

I checked out that video a bunch of times and I love it! I'm glad its still there.

I tried to emulate Nadine's technique but of course she moved too quickly and they don't always list ALL of the products they use.

Fiberluver

I love YP and GBA mes.

I didn't get the black or blue ones.

The blue one reminded me of Deep Truth so I left it alone.

I usually go after the unique products in a collection and I felt that GBA and YP were the standouts.

I just realised that you can get an amazing precise line with GPS using the MAC 209 - I've always loved them as eyeliners - don't know why I didn't think of using a brush before!

GlamQueen21

Today I received both Blue Flame and Gilt By Association MES!!! They are gorgeous!!!!! All I need is both Cinderfella and Young Punk MES and this collection is complete for me.

BadBadGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
Okay, this is related to Style Black albeit its a tangent. For anyone craving some black lipgloss, I just checked out Urban Decay's holiday spread and it looks like they have black lipgloss with sparkley stuff in it. Could it be a dupe for one of these lipglasses???

Thank you for reminding me about that. I knew UD had something I wanted, I just didn't remember what. I saw the Lip Junkies swatched on Temptalia, but passed on them since they were so sheer. Then again, she seems to swatch lightly at times. I need to try this in person.

Lambie_mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Today I did the most gorgeous look with Gilt By Association!!!!

Ooooh.. any pics?
winks.gif

GlamQueen21

^I wish I had pics of my look! I will re-do the look on Monday I promise! Here's what I used:

Dirty GPS (base)
Gilt By Association MES (lid)
Midnight Madness MES (crease)
Lucky Tom e/s (crease and outer V)
Ricepaper e/s (highlight)
Reflects Antique Gold (over GBA)

Lambie_mac

Quote:
^I wish I had pics of my look! I will re-do the look on Monday I promise! Here's what I used:

Dirty GPS (base)
Gilt By Association MES (lid)
Midnight Madness MES (crease)
Lucky Tom e/s (crease and outer V)
Ricepaper e/s (highlight)
Reflects Antique Gold (over GBA)

Sounds lovely! Can't wait to see it!

I also love how we are still talking about Style Black! It is an amazing collection!!

martiangurll

Quote:
^I'm now starting to love it since I had to force myself to skip it due to saving up for Las Vegas last year.

Its a good time to love it since it is showing up at the CCO and less hype for it so less expensive prices

Fiberluver

Don't laugh but I loved SB so much last year I hung out at both my local MAC store and MAC counter @ Nordies almost every day for a week ogling the collection!

I still love it! Nothing can touch it!

I'm glad autumn is here so I can wear either a dark eye or lip!

Yeaa for BK l/s!!!

TeresitaMC

I went to use my volcanic ash thermal mask today, and the main thing that came out first was what looked like water. Just clear liquid (water). I had to shake the tube as hard as I could a few times but even after that the product still came out pretty muddy. It was more charcoal gray and like a mud consistency, each happening because of it being watered down.

Does anyone else have this problem as well?

I was still able to use it, it just took a few squeezes this time to get enough coverage on my face.

marajode

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
I went to use my volcanic ash thermal mask today, and the main thing that came out first was what looked like water. Just clear liquid (water). I had to shake the tube as hard as I could a few times but even after that the product still came out pretty muddy. It was more charcoal gray and like a mud consistency, each happening because of it being watered down.

Does anyone else have this problem as well?

I was still able to use it, it just took a few squeezes this time to get enough coverage on my face.

I normally use it once a week. If I don't, and it goes much longer without being used, a thin liquid will come out first. I notice too, when it's like that, the warming sensation is less. I always knead the tube upside down everytime I use it now.
But, it's not a different color. Has any water been able to get in your tube?

TeresitaMC

^ thank you, marajode! No, where I store it, there is no way it could have been in contact with any water. And it has been awhile since I remembered to use it
blush-anim-cl.gif
. I figure with it sitting there, it must have seperated(?). Makes me wonder about my backups though.
blink.gif

Yeah I didn't feel a warming sensation this time!
amazed.gif
I didn't even realize. Thanks for the tip! I will knead and play around with the tube to see if that helps each time
smiles.gif