MAC style seeker

elkaknits

I only want Dark Diversion. Should I order online now or wait till next week and buy it at my counter?
sigh.gif

Sorry this is off topic. I'm interested in Prep + Prime Lip. Does this help the dryness of the Matte l/s? TIA!

Happy hauling everyone!
cheerleader.gif
re Prep +Prime Lip: it goes on feeling like a lip balm very silky and smooth then, after a few minutes, gets sticky feeling. I think it does help with dryness although, to be honest, I have been wearing matte l/s for 20 ish years and they don't bother me. Either way it is a balm between your lips and stick. Bonus I find my l/s last a long assed time when I use it.

CartoonChic

Are there any tips to get the best use out of P+P Lip? Like should you put on a moisturizing lip balm before applying P+P Lip, how long should you wait before applying lipstick, etc.

elkaknits

I am totally not qualified to answer this one but I can share my personal thoughts....

I don't use a balm before or after using the prep +prime. I think of the P+P as a combination balm and glue so to my mind if I balmed before putting it on I would be decreasing the sticky factor. This is not to say uber cracked lips shouldn't be exfoliated and conditioned but that I wouldn't have a layer of balm sitting on my lips and expect the P+P to have lip surface to hang onto. Does that make sense?

I put it on via tube {no brush} and smear my lips together and it is very slick. I wait a few minutes and do the pressing lips together and when my lips start sticking ala mac gloss stickiness then I put on my lipstick. There is no set time for that I just kinda do my mascara or read an email or what not and check.

elkaknits

I wish there was an edit button~ balm and let it sink in if you need to condition the lips but I wouldn't have a layer of balm sitting on top of my lips and expect P+P to do its job. It might do the job anyway which is why i am not qualified to answer the Q just I never tried cus the slick of the P+P upon application feels like a balm And I worry about decreasing stickiness

clear as mud?

CartoonChic

I am totally not qualified to answer this one but I can share my personal thoughts....

I don't use a balm before or after using the prep +prime. I think of the P+P as a combination balm and glue so to my mind if I balmed before putting it on I would be decreasing the sticky factor. This is not to say uber cracked lips shouldn't be exfoliated and conditioned but that I wouldn't have a layer of balm sitting on my lips and expect the P+P to have lip surface to hang onto. Does that make sense?

I put it on via tube {no brush} and smear my lips together and it is very slick. I wait a few minutes and do the pressing lips together and when my lips start sticking ala mac gloss stickiness then I put on my lipstick. There is no set time for that I just kinda do my mascara or read an email or what not and check.
Thanks. That does make sense and is very helpful. I know tips were posted before, but I couldn't remember them. It seems like the main thing I have to do is wait for my lips to feel tacky before applying P+P Lip. I tried it yesterday, but don't think I waited long enough for that tacky feeling.
fool.gif

CartoonChic

I wish there was an edit button~ balm and let it sink in if you need to condition the lips but I wouldn't have a layer of balm sitting on top of my lips and expect P+P to do its job. It might do the job anyway which is why i am not qualified to answer the Q just I never tried cus the slick of the P+P upon application feels like a balm And I worry about decreasing stickiness

clear as mud?
Clears as glass! The edit button is the tiny pencil symbol at the lower left corner of your post. It's next to a small red flag symbol.

HoneyMilk

I know rich ground is perm, but I think it'll look good with my blue eyes. I also grabbed another 15 palette. I don't know why... I want Dark Diversion but my trigger finger keeps deleting it from my cart. I used the 2day code for RG and 15 palette but SC blush and LW f/l are normal ship. I dislike mattenes. They smell weird/ taste weird to me.. So I always skip them.

lyseD

I use P and P by itself. I usually put it on after my foundation and then do my lipstick/gloss last. It is very moisturizing, I love it.

I'm waiting to pick up my goodies next week because I adore 'shopping' with my SA and the Bay has $10 off $50 purchase (the fourth one I've had this summer!!)

elkaknits

Clears as glass! The edit button is the tiny pencil symbol at the lower left corner of your post. It's next to a small red flag symbol.
Thanks! Maybe it is because I am new but I don't have a pencil next to the red flag yet. It would make sense to not let newer folks edit their stuff in case they are trolls and want to go back to edit and look innocent or something after the fact. I will keep an eye out for its appearance

OhSoJaded

I use P and P by itself. I usually put it on after my foundation and then do my lipstick/gloss last. It is very moisturizing, I love it.

I'm waiting to pick up my goodies next week because I adore 'shopping' with my SA and the Bay has $10 off $50 purchase (the fourth one I've had this summer!!)
I wish stores/counters in the US had deals like this! I never notice if we do, it's always just a GWP

CartoonChic

Thanks, lyseD.

I called again to see if I could upgrade my shipping. This representative was more helpful than the first I tried last night. She said my order has moved to the warehouse, but she emailed them a note about the upgrade to try to catch it before it's fully processed. Hopefully they get the message in time. I wanted someone to at least try to apply the upgrade, so I'm OK if it doesn't actually go through. At least an effort was made.

martiangurll

Well, I have Supercontinental, Local Wares and Marche au Peaces (I can't spell in English, obviously I am hopeless in French even more) but debating whether to add Camden Chic or not. Love Mattene finish, worried it will look like doo doo on my lip. Also, maybe just hoping they will restock CYY so I can add that as well. Should I just hit submit and be done??? WWSD?

MACina

Gorgeous.....can not wait to get SuperC!!!

Thank you JoIO!
I have both and Supercontinental is soooooo much prettier. Stunner is more of a light pink and SuperC is more coral. Goes on so smooth. I would like to know how Worldly Wealth compares to Equilibrium blush...anyone have both of em?

mac_aiken

I wonder how Hidden Treasure compares to Frankly Scarlett? Also, MAC has it listed as a satin not a velvet when you sort blush colors by finish on the site.

CartoonChic

I wonder how Hidden Treasure compares to Frankly Scarlett? Also, MAC has it listed as a satin not a velvet when you sort blush colors by finish on the site.
It could be mislabeled. I know MAC lists Sparkle Neely e/s as a Veluxe Pearl on the website. It says Velvet on the bottom of my label. I still don't know which one it's supposed to be.

Copperhead

I don't have Frankly Scarlett but by looking at swatches, Frankly Scarlett may be a bit bolder, brighter, and it has a matte finish.

AniBEE

I'm passing again as it seems that Local Wares does give a bit of grief on the pigmentation department.
http://www.allurabeauty.com/2012/review-swatches-mac-style-seeker-fluidline-in-local-wares/

Reminds me of a smoke version of Blitz and Glitz really.
amuse.gif

Latest posts