MAC - Stylishly Yours Discussion

BeautyByLele

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot keep up with you guys . . . Im so overwhelmed.

I already picked a few items from VV, and here I am debating over BR
th_dunno.gif
when you guys are already onto the next collection! I better hurry up
choochoo.gif
to catch up with you guys

Camnagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
I'm definitely in for Style Curve, provided it's not too much of a dupe for Violetta.

Same! As long as it isn't too close to Violetta I'm in. Knowing me though, even if it's super close I'll get it anyway.
lol.gif

I'm totally grabbing that new fluidline like it's the last free drink at an open bar event. Blackened Plum? HOT.

Too Chic BP sounds promising. I wonder if this will show up on fair skin?

spunky

bright pink lipstick? i don't care if i have half a dozen already, that one is coming home with me! as is the purple one. and the fluidline. that is all
greengrin.gif

singer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashedseries
mmm....
am the only one that's underwhelmed by this collection?

I'm with you girl! I am really relieved that I dont really want anything from this coll because Peacocky, TT, and Cham-pale are going to KILL me.
I MIGHT get the pink and/or fuchsia pigments and maybe the purple lipstick if it isnt too close to violetta. But I'll prob end up getting nothing

LittleMaryJane

The only thing sounding good to me is the Follow Your Fancy pigment (bright coral with small pearlized pigments).

Clear lipglass? OH COME ON!
th_crazy2.gif

liba

Movie Star-medium toned blue red

Oh yeah! This is the red I resisted Heartless for.

Except, the only CCBs I've had were non-lip ones.....how well do they work on the lips? Staying power, coverage, etc.?

Misoxx

Probably going to get one of the BP's. I'm kinda glad this one doesn't interest me that much so I can spend more on Cham Pale
smiles.gif

Soul Unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
tong.gif

I'm thinking it'll get chopped in half, but that's everything I might get. I'm slightly disappointed this isn't a huge collection of red lip products, but also relieved, for wallet's sake. I think there may be some interesting pieces in here.

And we all know I can't turn down a purple lipstick.
nope.gif
team_purple.gif
lol.gif

It would have been great to have a nice range of red lipsticks, but hey you and I both know the Purple will make up for it!

My wishlist [i sound like a broken record to myself, don't know about y'all lol]........

Lipstick:
Style Curve-bright violet purple (C)

Pigment
New Fixation-bright fuchsia red with soft pearlized pigments
Follow Your Fancy-bright coral with small pearlized pigments

Cream Color Base
Tickle Me Pink-poppy cramy bright pink
Movie Star-medium toned blue red
Virgin Isle*** curious as to what this colour will be
th_confused_new.gif

Miaow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
Virgin Isle*** curious as to what this colour will be
th_confused_new.gif

For some reason I'm thinking it's a repromote of a colour that used to be perm or pro, but I'm not sure =/

mystery

Maybe just the peach BP for me, if i'm getting OSF, which is more pigmented than the play it proper, I guess I don't need it
greengrin.gif

and maybe the tickle me pink ccb
sneaky.gif

TT, Cham Pale, Stylishly Yours + Peacocky will be the death of me! So many nice new products!
th_WeAreDoomed.png

oh well, I'm not complaining!
pompom.gif

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
The description of the blackened burgundy mascara intrigues me, but I have a feeling it's just going to look like brown when worn.

I have to admit I'm a little worried about that myself. Fingers crossed that it's otherwise!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Same! As long as it isn't too close to Violetta I'm in. Knowing me though, even if it's super close I'll get it anyway.
lol.gif

Yeah, keep in mind when I say "not too close" I mean that I can see some slight variation without the aid of a microscope...

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaow
For some reason I'm thinking it's a repromote of a colour that used to be perm or pro, but I'm not sure =/

virgin Isle is in the permanent line on the website. It's a really bright, awesome coral pink color. I don't think it has any shimmer to it but it does look like one of those that would need to be used sparingly. It's on my "to get" list at some point.
yes.gif

Shadowy Lady

This is a nice and bright collection but I think I have dupes for all the lippies and the pigments so pass on those. Nothing else jumps at me except:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole

Fluidline
Dark Diversion-blackened plum (LE)

yahoo.gif
FINALLY a new fluidline! I am SO excited
smiles.gif

You and me both
yes.gif
Dark Diversion is all I'm getting
th_DANCE.gif

Face2Mac

I am so overloaded with all the exciting news, I think I am going slightly bonkers with all the pretty possibilities.

Like Kim Kardashian says "I live for makeup."

not quite but ya'll understand.

martiangurll

I am not so sure how much I'd rock Neon Orange, but the rest of the lippies sound like have-to-haves for me. Unless Something New is well, something Not-So-New. But I guess a girl can never have too many creamy blue pinks. I have been wanting to get Cockney for some time, as I loved all the Euroistocrats previously except for the Costa Chic you folks got me scared on that one! But Bright Violet purple in a Creme formula, I know its gonna go fast.

Clear lipglass would appear to be a waste, except this is so useful to use and create your own lipglass by adding piggies to it. I bet Later piggie would be a rocking one to try.

I think pink and fuchsia pinks are a pass for me but Follow Yr Fancy sounds so pretty. It could be a must.

IDK about the CCB. Part of me hates on them, because they are messy, but really not more than the Paint Pots. IIRC these don't have great staying power as the creamy blush I'd like Tickly Me Pink or Madly Magenta to be. And I don't really see me using these colors for eye bases. Unless Virgin Isle is a coral like Coral Crepe. Then it could be on! Swatches will be needed. Please tell me if I am wrong and these last longer as cream blush than I think because they have potential in that area.

Fluid Line sounds beautiful in the dark plum, but I am too lazy for gel eyeliner. Now, if it has sparkles or something in it, well, that's a whole nother enchilada, but if its plain ole plum, I stick with e/l pens.

Zoomlash blackened burgandy is probably gonna be the pinnacle of the collection for me. I know MAC isn't the best place for mascara, but this is a decent formulation and I love this color. It is a must for me.

BP Play It Proper-pastel soft pink with sparkles is a maybe if it doesn't look too chalky in the swatches. Too Chic I don't think I need, but if it looks anything like Tahitian Sand only with subtle shimmer, its on like Donkey Kong. So we need swatches for both of these to make the cut...

mac_wishlist.gif

Style Curve-bright violet purple OH YES
Something New-creamy bright blue pink???(You know I will end up getting this)
Cockney
Follow Yr Fancy piggie!
Zoom Mascara blackened burgandy!!!

Madly Magenta???
Virgin Isle ???
Tickle Me Pink??? (all depend on staying power as blushers and of course, swatches)

BP Could be love--depends on funds and swatches...
Too Chic???
Play It Proper???

I am getting more lust on for this collection than ChamPale. Guess I am a brights girl more than a neutrals chick.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
I am not so sure how much I'd rock Neon Orange, but the rest of the lippies sound like have-to-haves for me.
I think pink and fuchsia pinks are a pass for me but Follow Yr Fancy sounds so pretty. It could be a must.

change their minds on the day of the show -- and makeup artists have to quickly improvise.
Orange Lipstick - A Spring 2011 Trend to Try Now! - StyleList

orange-lipstick-fashion-beauty-spring-2011-a-590bes092010.jpg

Latest posts