MAC - Stylistics Discussion

jeffreygirl

I saw a picture of the Sheer Mystery Powder compact in the November issue of W. Although I don't need it......it's very pretty, and I WANT IT!!!

Weasel

Re: Stylistics Discussion

ooooh could you somehow get a pic on?

ive been dying to see these!

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel

Ditto this.
greengrin.gif
Pleaseeee!

thewickedstyle

So are these a pressed powder, like a blot powder, or more of a beauty powder? With so many collections coming out, plus the pro items, plus Mac of Beauty, I'm starting to get confused.

I can't wait to see the packaging for this collection. Did it show what the outside of the compact looked like??

jeffreygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel

It was too small to bother, It would be too pixilated....the beading is too gorgeous to distort it!
IMO it makes the compact from the MACCouture collection look like crap.

BloodMittens

I'm just going to have to go and grab a W Magazine when I go to the grocery store today then
greengrin.gif

jeffreygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMittens
I'm just going to have to go and grab a W Magazine when I go to the grocery store today then
greengrin.gif

Check page #177, prepare to have a makeup orgasm!

update**So here's the image...enjoy!
eyelove.gif

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreygirl
Check page #177, prepare to have a makeup orgasm!

update**So here's the image...enjoy!
eyelove.gif

OH! It's gorgeous
greengrin.gif
I have to include some of this in my Holiday MAC savings now. Thank you x100!

Weasel

nanaparty.gif

MIIIINE!!! I want that so bad! omg its sooooo pretty! *drools*

spectrolite

Aww why so many pearls?! I hate pearls... It looks like a relic from the 80's and just needs some marble on it somewhere. I might change my mind when I see some better pictures but as of now I'm thinking... meh! Kind of tacky.

caroni99

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
Aww why so many pearls?! I hate pearls... It looks like a relic from the 80's and just needs some marble on it somewhere. I might change my mind when I see some better pictures but as of now I'm thinking... meh! Kind of tacky.

LOL! My thoughts exactly! Still can't wait for more info on the colour story for this collection.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite

I think that's sort of the appeal of it though. It's like, so tacky and weird that it's interesting. That's the novelty of it.

SMMY

but isn't this supposed to be the Couture collection, part two for 2007? And isn't is at a much higher price point than regular MAC limited edition items? Wouldn't you want something that says timeless and classic style, instead of screaming tacky 80s. I agree, it looks like something from a garage sale and not in a good way.

MAC_Whore

Hmmmmmm....not sure what to think yet. Initial response is that it looks kinda 80s. Didn't Claire Huxtable have one of those?
hmm.gif
I will have to see it in person. I thought the photos of the Painterly palettes looked like ass, but when I saw them in person, I quite liked them. I guess I shall see.

Dani

Quote:
Didn't Claire Huxtable have one of those?

OMG LOL!!!
lmao.gif
Too funny!!!!!

Is this the collection with the super expensive Kors perfume? I may have to skip this whole collection, unless theres one thing that just blows me away, because it's going to be sooo expensive. But if all the Stylistics stuff looks like that compact, then I doubt I have much to worry about. I'd be too worried about paying that much for something and having the pearls break off during the day.

jeffreygirl

I think it's supposed to be $45, like last season. And all those jet beads & Swarovski crystals are very 80s....but the 80s were all about tacky glamour, i.e: Dynasty! I can't wait to see the clutch, I'm sure that's going to be BEYOND tacky! Very Alex & Crystal Carrington, or Sue Ellen from DALLAS!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Hmmmmmm....not sure what to think yet. Initial response is that it looks kinda 80s. Didn't Claire Huxtable have one of those?

LOL....you took it back the Cosby Show!