MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner - cheap/faulty packaging?

cody

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to be posting in, but the weirdest thing happened to my "Defiantly Feline" superslick liner. I've had it for a couple months now and used it maybe five or six times, and when I went to unscrew it the other day the applicator portion actually cracked open. There's a deep crack going about 80% of the way around the tube and a little bit of product even seeped out although it's not the half that's full of product. Now, I wasn't applying any excessive amount of force or twisting it really hard. I've never had anything happen like this before with MAC products and it really shocked me. I've been thinking of buying more of these liners but now I'm afraid to because they must be really flimsy to break open this easily. I'm also wondering whether there's any hope of MAC exchanging it even though I've long since thrown the receipt away? There's tons of product left in it but I know if I keep using this one that it will eventually break completely. I tried to take pictures but it's hard to really see. Has anyone else had this happen or did I just get the defective one?

cody

Just to clarify, this is NOT counterfeit. It was bought at an actual MAC store. It's just not high quality packaging. Regardless, MAC exchanged it for a new one even without a receipt! Happy ending!

Door

I agree that the packaging isn't good. I broke one Superslick liquid liner at the MAC stand when I was swatching them. I think it was broken the same way as yours and I am positive that our MAC stand doesn't sell fakes. Anyway I decided not to buy one because of the quality of the packaging.

Latest posts