MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012)

OctoberViolet

Ugh MAC! Lavender should be just that, lavender with blue undertones in it. I love lilac, but it can lean more pink or blue depending. Not sure about the blush now. I have a serious case of the sads.
crybaby.gif

I'm pretty convinced that the people at MAC are colorblind, there isn't even a hint of lavender in that blush.

ChosenOne

That's what I was thinking. Almost like Well Dressed.
iagree.gif
Yup yup, I said the same thing when the promo pics first came out. I've been debating whether or not to get it ever since, especially because Well Dressed doesn't really show up on me.

LadyMisfit

I'm pretty convinced that the people at MAC are colorblind, there isn't even a hint of lavender in that blush.
I agree. I'm so disappointed. I'm skipping it now that I see that it's not lavender as I thought but more pinky. However the other blush is calling my name lol.

rockin

Karen's thoughts on the palette (with swatches) http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/for-sheer-eyeshadow-fans-temptation-is-here-the-new-mac-taste-temptation-eyeshadow-x-4-quad/

kimibos

Karen's thoughts on the palette (with swatches) http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/for-sheer-eyeshadow-fans-temptation-is-here-the-new-mac-taste-temptation-eyeshadow-x-4-quad/
i want it again
nooo they had awesome quads for shop cook, how can they now try to sell me naval and carbon in the same quad, ahh?? how?? how dare they??

OctoberViolet

Oh crud! I didn't have any interest in this quad, but Karen's swatches & review makes me think I want it. As of now. I am speaking out loud to myself and to my Specktra family. Since I am very disappointed in Unconvential blush (unless swatches show that it is indeed lavender(ish), I am skipping the blushes & the quad. I am considering, hold on now Specktrettes, of only getting Nocturnal Instincts mattene lipstick and Grey Friday. Money saved for the Strength collection which I want the black and purple lipstick, taupe blush and now possibly poise blush and I can save some money (ha!) for the Archie collection.

kimibos

Oh crud! I didn't have any interest in this quad, but Karen's swatches & review makes me think I want it. As of now. I am speaking out loud to myself and to my Specktra family. Since I am very disappointed in Unconvential blush (unless swatches show that it is indeed lavender(ish), I am skipping the blushes & the quad. I am considering, hold on now Specktrettes, of only getting Nocturnal Instincts mattene lipstick and Grey Friday. Money saved for the Strength collection which I want the black and purple lipstick, taupe blush and now possibly poise blush and I can save some money (ha!) for the Archie collection.
yeah i was thinking about strength and apres chic. i need lots of money for December 26. like alot!! that blush looks like a color fiasco and the quad a pigmentation fiasco. i skipped the mattenes in the last 2 collections, i may do it again.

please girls help me skip everything. naynadine remind me that apres chic is coming!! pleaseeee

OctoberViolet

I forgot about the Apres Chic collection. Thank you for reminding me. Maybe I should just skip Taste Temptations all together and just get Grey Friday and then splurge on December 26th.
shrugs.gif

yeah i was thinking about strength and apres chic. i need lots of money for December 26. like alot!! that blush looks like a color fiasco and the quad a pigmentation fiasco. i skipped the mattenes in the last 2 collections, i may do it again.

please girls help me skip everything. naynadine remind me that apres chic is coming!! pleaseeee

singer82

Thanks for the swatches! :heart: Seductive Intent is the tits! I'll be getting 2 for sure. Even though Nocturnal Instincts isn't as lavender as I thought, I still like it in that swatch. I love me some sparkly glosses! Perky is right up my alley. Now just waiting for the blush swatches. This is my take on the quad... I actually like when darker colors have some sheerness to them. I love me some pigmented dark colors too. But on us pale ladies you can get the punched in the eye look sometimes. So it's nice to have ones you can build up. The chalkiness is the part I don't like.

princess sarah

ARGH!!! This is making it so hard to be good seeing these swatches!!! I was holding out for the purple lippy from strength instead of this collection

aradhana

i was wondering if anyone has some thoughts on how muf hd blush #3 compares to passionately tempted?