MAC Teal Blue e/s?

janelovesyou

I received Teal Blue e/s in a swap way back in October and I just got around to playing with it. Apparently it's a pro color and it's matte. On the lid it's really pretty blue an I loved it, but then once I started to put a crease color on, the shadow would flake off. So I'd have "holes" in my eyeshadow. Even if I would just tap the pan parts of it would crumble and it's just really flaky, so obviously there's something wrong with this eyeshadow.
Do you know whats wrong with it? I assumed maybe it was just really old, b/c I know it's not even on the site now. But idk

Also, is there another MAC color like this?

lsperry

Here's a swatch of the color from another site:
protealblue_dkble_skyblue

What es base are you using? You may have to use something to really make it stick to your lids.

I believe it is a satin (described as soft subtle, non-frost) and if it was once broken and re-pressed, it could crumble upon use especially if it's very old.

But idk......

janelovesyou

I'm using Rollickin paint pot. It's like if I were to swatch it on my hand, I could then go back and take another brush and swipe it over the swatch and all of the color would flake off. I did this with other shadows and this didn't happen.

I thought about it being re-pressed b/c it crumbled in chunks and the pan is not as full as other shadows but it had some visible hatchmarks on the sides.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelovesyou
I received Teal Blue e/s in a swap way back in October and I just got around to playing with it. Apparently it's a pro color and it's matte. On the lid it's really pretty blue an I loved it, but then once I started to put a crease color on, the shadow would flake off. So I'd have "holes" in my eyeshadow. Even if I would just tap the pan parts of it would crumble and it's just really flaky, so obviously there's something wrong with this eyeshadow.
Do you know whats wrong with it? I assumed maybe it was just really old, b/c I know it's not even on the site now. But idk

Also, is there another MAC color like this?

are you sure its even authentic?? the fake e/s crumble very easily - I had a fake folie and idol eyes crumble in my hands!

janelovesyou

Not sure, as I don't know how to spot fakes. I just know it doesn't have the indented pan that I've been reading about lately. I also got from this swapper some limited edition shadows that are fine.

panda0410

most of the fakes have the horrible pans. I had a fake jasmin that was recently depotted and it had that same indented pan - and I bought that well over a year ago..... I imagine that if it was fake then it would probably have that pan too! Maybe its just one of those chalky shadows you have to scratch up to experience
winks.gif

neezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
most of the fakes have the horrible pans. I had a fake jasmin that was recently depotted and it had that same indented pan - and I bought that well over a year ago..... I imagine that if it was fake then it would probably have that pan too! Maybe its just one of those chalky shadows you have to scratch up to experience
winks.gif

wait..so if it has the pan that is not flat on the bottom it's fake??
*faints*